Whats the best build for 1vs Many ?

in Thief

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Lest say, 1vs 3+ for those group encounters in wvw, i mainly roam alone.

Been using the steal build 2/0/0/6/6 , but not having success in general, any tips?

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

0/0/6/2/6

Daze steal and shadow arts…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

pupi.2465

0/0/6/2/6

I see, would that be good for 1v1 aswell i suppose?

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Against enemys with equal skill? No specc will do that.
Against enemys with terrible skill? Every specc will do it.
Against enemys with the average wvw-level? Thats a little bit different…
Easiest specc would be P/D condi, followed by D/P SA most likely. But I don´t recommend them both. Their skill-floor is pretty low. You will have success, yes, but won´t get better.
In general I think D/P panicstrike could do well for you. The condiremove in SA can help a lot against classes with high and heavy hitting access to conditions (very very common in wvw ^^). D/P executioner can do it, too. Is far more difficult though.
Even a well played D/D specc can make it. But it lacks on some things.
My favourite is still S/D acro in different types. When you know what the classes and speccs your enemys are using you can outplay them, dance around them and kill them (yeah, random-dodging works, too).
At the end you should decide for your own what YOU want to play and learn. Like i said above, you will kill the bad ones and the good ones will give you interesting fights. You will learn much more from last ones.
Apart from this…kill the squishy ones first, look what speccs they are playing (is the food condition, bunker or zerker theme?), be aware of medi-guards, are there players you know from previous fights and that you can or can´t kill them? Kill them quickly if its the first type or ask them for 1vs1 when its the second one. Learn from them.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in Thief

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

go stealth. run. respawn before your stealth runs out. leave them there trying to find you for15 minutes. works most of the time.

in Thief

pupi.2465

Against enemys with equal skill? No specc will do that.
Against enemys with terrible skill? Every specc will do it.
Against enemys with the average wvw-level? Thats a little bit different…
Easiest specc would be P/D condi, followed by D/P SA most likely. But I don´t recommend them both. Their skill-floor is pretty low. You will have success, yes, but won´t get better.
In general I think D/P panicstrike could do well for you. The condiremove in SA can help a lot against classes with high and heavy hitting access to conditions (very very common in wvw ^^). D/P executioner can do it, too. Is far more difficult though.
Even a well played D/D specc can make it. But it lacks on some things.
My favourite is still S/D acro in different types. When you know what the classes and speccs your enemys are using you can outplay them, dance around them and kill them (yeah, random-dodging works, too).
At the end you should decide for your own what YOU want to play and learn. Like i said above, you will kill the bad ones and the good ones will give you interesting fights. You will learn much more from last ones.
Apart from this…kill the squishy ones first, look what speccs they are playing (is the food condition, bunker or zerker theme?), be aware of medi-guards, are there players you know from previous fights and that you can or can´t kill them? Kill them quickly if its the first type or ask them for 1vs1 when its the second one. Learn from them.

Indeed, Im not a fan of condi builds, so i was focusing on dodging hit and run. I was testing 0/6/6/2/0 with Ambush and Thieves Guild to confuse enemies, but lacks on dmg it seems.

in Thief

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

D/D can work wonders against large groups. Lots of bodies means you have more things to stealth off of. If you want even more survivability, take D/P as you other set for more versatile stealth access.

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You could just put on full apothecary or dire, offhand dagger and max shadow arts and improvise the rest. ;s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I’ve never been terribly good at utilizing stealth, so in WvW I play S/D 2/0/0/6/6. With the countless evades and dodges you can last pretty long. Killing all 3, however, is highly unlikely.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

pupi.2465

I’ve never been terribly good at utilizing stealth, so in WvW I play S/D 2/0/0/6/6. With the countless evades and dodges you can last pretty long. Killing all 3, however, is highly unlikely.

I’ve been using that too Turk, S/D it seems the kung f.u fighting!

in Thief

Posted by: Dave.6819

Dave.6819

well… all i can say is once you try S/D u never go back^^ .. best choice.

and builds.. hmm. im playin 40046 / 50036 / 30056. anythin of those works rly well. mostly just runnin with 40046. you dance dance a little bit dodge stack up might and then bang 4-5k. so id say its quite possible to kill people too.. ^^

Thief prof. really needs your attention
#dyingbreed

in Thief

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

S/D, 20066 is what I’m running right now. Definitely will yield frustration from your opponents. Make sure your PM’s can handle the QQ spams.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

in Thief

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Most of the time when fighting multiple enemies, condi bunker is the way to go. Although as thieves we are naturally better at fighting multiple opponents so it depends.

I’d say either P/D condi or D/P. Regardless, I’d say you’ll need 6 in SA for the extra stealth uptime and healing.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Thief

Posted by: Athelfirth.6308

Athelfirth.6308

well… all i can say is once you try S/D u never go back^^ .. best choice.

and builds.. hmm. im playin 40046 / 50036 / 30056. anythin of those works rly well. mostly just runnin with 40046. you dance dance a little bit dodge stack up might and then bang 4-5k. so id say its quite possible to kill people too.. ^^

Why would you use 40046? You lose the 10% damage boost at 5 points in either DA or Acro.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

The best build for 1 vs Many is called:

Find a Group of Baddies.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Lest say, 1vs 3+ for those group encounters in wvw, i mainly roam alone.

Been using the steal build 2/0/0/6/6 , but not having success in general, any tips?

When using 2/0/0/6/6, what do you usually die to? If you really like that build, just find some comprise to help you counter what kills you a lot. I personally find 2pts in SA far more useful than full acro, especially in wvw.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

The best build for 1 vs Many is called:

Find a Group of Baddies.

I’m of a mind with this. Abuse the f- out of stealth and if none of your opponents know how to handle a Thief, your power grows exponentially due to the mechanic having a general effect. It will only take one guy among the crowd that knows what he’s doing and what you’re doing and you’re done, though.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

0/0/6/2/6

I see, would that be good for 1v1 aswell i suppose?

Yea. Using d/p with this build btw.

Yea this will be effective 1v1 as well.

Just another noob thief…