When is Thief burst damage being addressed?

in Thief

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

Q:

We need some instant communication and action Anet. I was waiting for this patch to say anything, but seems you decided not to address any of these issues I’m speaking up.

Thief is my secondary character, Mesmer is my main. I have an 80 of every class but Ranger (45) so I have a pretty good amount of experience with all classes.

Absolutely blows my mind that you haven’t nerfed the burst damage on thieves. Getting 3 shot before even being able to react is not fun gameplay for anyone but the thief. The game has been out for 5 months now, and this has not been addressed nor even properly communicated with your customer base. From my guilds feedback, these are the expectations that people have.

- All hastes/quickness/frenzy should be removed completely. Why give already broken burst classes even more damage (Engi haste is lol)?

- Give thieves more build options.

- Address the stealth issues. Attacking while in stealth should NEVER be allowed, stomping while in stealth, stealth cooldown required. Any direct damage inflicted on someone else should break stealth (conditions and taking damage should not imo).

- Thieves being able to perma stealth inside enemy keeps is game breaking in WvW.

- Heartseeker spam is just ridiculous

- Pistol Whip/Steal /yawn

- Steal/C&D/Backstab is absolutely ridiculous

Biggest complaint from my entire guild is Thieves. I hear it in TS every single night and a few have ragequit over it, honestly I can’t really blame them.

We have toughness/vitality built warriors and guardians that still get killed in like 3-5 seconds by Thieves. Why even bother building that way?

Anet, fix this, your credibility is fast disappearing.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

in Thief

Posted by: curtis.8976

curtis.8976

i dont see why it needs to be changed.. sure they kill fast but its what the class is ment for in my opinion and super glass thieves can take one guy down but if there is others hes not going to have a good time. everybody hates somethings about every class maybe you should try to overcome it instead of complaining, also if your not a full glass build aswell youll have a better chance

in Thief

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

I understand that you thieves want to keep your perfect world of instant kills and being able to escape with impunity, but lets face it, not fun for anyone that is on the receiving end.

You can’t overcome an instant death from someone you can’t even see.

P.S. I’m not glass cannon, I run a 28k hit point Glamour Condition Support build which works great for my WvW guild fights.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

(edited by Trikki.5803)

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I understand that you thieves want to keep your perfect world of instant kills and being able to escape with impunity, but lets face it, not fun for anyone that is on the receiving end.

You can’t overcome an instant death from someone you can’t even see.

P.S. I’m not glass cannon, I run a 28k hit point Glamour Condition Support build which works great for my WvW guild fights.

The 3 hit combo only works on idiots or people who aren’t aware, I’ve fought A LOT of people who know how to counter the instagib and give me a good fight.

Stop QQing

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

-…
-…
- Address the stealth issues. Attacking while in stealth should NEVER be allowed, stomping while in stealth, stealth cooldown required. Any direct damage inflicted on someone else should break stealth (conditions and taking damage should not imo).
- …
- Heartseeker spam is just ridiculous
- Pistol Whip/Steal /yawn
- Steal/C&D/Backstab is absolutely ridiculous

First of all, this isn’t supposed to be in our section, you’ll only get flamers at you anyway.
Second, anything with “…” means I actually agree.
Third, the C&C

Attacking in stealth is exactly what arenanet wanted with the thief. Stealth was meant as both an offensive as a defensive mechanism. Why else would our first skill be different in stealth? As for not being able to re-stealth, this will immediately kill the thief without the proper adjustments of the whole class (our defence, armour and health, even when traited in it, won’t save us if stealth is nerfed)

Someone spamming HS is ridiculous yes, someone who can’t counter it is ridiculous too. Imo the skill is meant as a finisher, which explains it’s low initiatives (at the end of a fight, a thief normally won’t have full initiatives anymore). Ppl abuse this low initiative cost to spam it. Lowering the damage from the first two tiers might solve this, the dmg when enemy’s below 33% should be kept though. Like I said, it should be used as a finisher.

The two builds:
PW Thief: Never faced them in combat, so I can’t rly give any C&C on them. Also, they were already nerfed somewhere in octobre I think, can’t remember exact date

Backstab thief: This is mostly a one-trick pony. In WvW you’re never meant to run alone, so just take him down with your allies. Even if he could take you by suprise, it won’t be too hard to stop him. Knock-backs, knock downs, blinding, dazing, stunning, immobilizing. I find the best way to stop a thief from getting someone in your group, is to have an thief who’s sole purpose in the group, is to be the anti-thief. Ppl often whine how thiefs can escape fights with their mobility and they can’t beat them. Well WvW is a team-game and you too can have thiefs in your team. As a S/D thief, I enjoy spamming immobilize on a thief so my team beats the crap out of him.
Nerfing backstab won’t solve this problem though, you want more builds for us, but nerfing backstab will make the D/D setup only good for the unicorn build. Personally, that’d ruin the setup for me .. But that’s just me.
Oh and ps: c&d/steal/bs in an 1v1 where you aren’t suprised is entirely a L2P issue. Dodge on time, blind him and giggle at a thief who just used up 12 initiatives on nothing

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

Given that it hasn’t been addressed to your satisfaction by now, I’d say you have a choice of February or never.

Oh BTW the whole “it’s not fun” argument also gets applied to other classes as well, so it would be best to stop using it. Case in point as a GC thief it’s not fun fighting against bunker elementalist/guardian but you don’t see me complaining about it… because I’ve learned to accept that as part of my weaknesses. Nor is it fun to be close to stomping a mesmer in their downed state only to be dropped myself by their #3’s insane damage against GC characters.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Reported for a moderator to remove it. There is a thread for thief gameplay.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-thief-and-its-gameplay-Your-feedback

in Thief

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please refer to this thread for feedback regarding Thief gameplay mechanics. Thank you. This topic is closed.