Where are the condition buffs..

in Thief

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

If you guys read from the balance post, again, there will be no condition buffs.

Condition thief is very limited because of the really quick way of bursting and it wearing off too fast, even with condi duration foods the actual conditions just aren’t viable, honestly.
I just want to have a very viable condi thief that has multiple ways of approaching the damage type.. Venoms in particular are the silliest thing, where you get some (very little) viability to your condi dps, you lose just about the most important utility skills the class has, reducing your survivability greatly. And now with the ini nerfs, how are you suppose to garner up the ini you need for p/d? The 5 skill eats way too much and on top of that, its super hard to land.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

P/d doesnt need alot of ini, and the new balance changes will be giving every thief build a free quick recovery. Arguably P/d will be affected adversely the least. What I would like to see is the bleed durations increased and aftercast reduction on pistol #1. Condition sets on other classes can get by without +duration or use only the +40% food, but with P/d it feels mandatory to boost your bleeds at least 50% to be viable.

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in Thief

Gasoline.2570

p/d does need a lot of ini if you want to spam stealth 1 skill, but if you arent doing that then how else do you suppose you get the stacks of bleed that allow you to do any damage, because everytime I keep using pistol 1, the bleeds just disappear instantly, no matter of condition duration food or traits. You know how silly it feels in wvw when you try to damage anyone whos running away from you and basically not get damaged at all? It is beyond ridiculous. And yes, bleed duration needs and increase and aftercast needs to be shorter, but also pistol 2 is in a terrible situation with p/d, the vulnerability is a waste, it should be another damaging condition. Who uses 2 for vuln with a pistol? Really? Pistol main hand will never be used for direct damage, not even for trying to boost the crappy p/p burst that does very little damage.

But it’s been like this ages, what gives? I don’t see condition thieves touched, like, ever. Since anet obviously wants to keep nerfing the most common builds, which are power based, why is it that condition is ignored.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

(edited by Gasoline.2570)

in Thief

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

p/d does need a lot of ini if you want to spam stealth 1 skill, but if you arent doing that then how else do you suppose you get the stacks of bleed that allow you to do any damage, because everytime I keep using pistol 1, the bleeds just disappear instantly, no matter of condition duration food or traits. You know how silly it feels in wvw when you try to damage anyone whos running away from you and basically not get damaged at all? It is beyond ridiculous. And yes, bleed duration needs and increase and aftercast needs to be shorter, but also pistol 2 is in a terrible situation with p/d, the vulnerability is a waste, it should be another damaging condition. Who uses 2 for vuln with a pistol? Really? Pistol main hand will never be used for direct damage, not even for trying to boost the crappy p/p burst that does very little damage.

But it’s been like this ages, what gives? I don’t see condition thieves touched, like, ever. Since anet obviously wants to keep nerfing the most common builds, which are power based, why is it that condition is ignored.

Just run perplexity like every bad condi thief does, you’ll do fine.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Thief

Gasoline.2570

You know what’s funny? I already am using 5/6 of those dam runes. You know if I wanted to? Of course I did not…

It does increase the viability, but not a whole lot.