Which do people dislike more?

in Thief

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

Ghost thief pre-nerf, or the D/D condi-evade thief which seems to be popular nowadays?

Just curious. For me I actually sort of preferred ghost thief.

Gandaran.

in Thief

Posted by: ProDecius.2609

ProDecius.2609

There has never been anything worse then a nomad thief, people will stay in enemy keeps indefinitely with this build and not even 50 people can kill him. Its honestly as if thief is allowed to choose an admin build and just float around the map as an invincible kitten perma taping waypoints. When I was tied with NSP being on FC at the time, I once saw a thief do this in blue eb keep for more then 24 hours. There was nothing anyone could do. I seriously loathe the thief class and this build is by far the worst. Honestly though I hate every thief, it’s the worst implemented class I have ever seen in an mmo game. It’s always been anti fun even since the beginning. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcRknfEzfY&t=315s) This old video for example, thief gets to reset 30 + times after getting out played at each engagement but still being able to stealth and try again as much as he likes with no consequence. As far as I care, this thief LOST 29 1v1s in a row and his class is kittening cheating.

Attack while players do not notice you, immediately stealth and disengage if the victim player fights back. This core design of the class both mitigates the amount of time that players are actually interacting with each other (diminishing the pvp experience) but also makes what should be a squishy assassin class, capable of what essentially is the highest amount of invul uptime in the game (dodge spam) or indefinite stealth.

I hate this class more then any collection of english words could express in all honestly, imo anyone who plays thief isn’t playing video games to have fun, they are playing to be troll and see a “you win” screen.

total exception to the thief players who /bow at 1vs1 spots, you guys are my homies and don’t play like total kittenes.

(edited by ProDecius.2609)

in Thief

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Ghost teef hands down. Ofcourse the “perma” evade is annoying but you can see what is going on. Unlike ghost teef, condis out of nowhere.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There has never been anything worse then a nomad thief, people will stay in enemy keeps indefinitely with this build and not even 50 people can kill him. Its honestly as if thief is allowed to choose an admin build and just float around the map as an invincible kitten perma taping waypoints. When I was tied with NSP being on FC at the time, I once saw a thief do this in blue eb keep for more then 24 hours. There was nothing anyone could do. I seriously loathe the thief class and this build is by far the worst. Honestly though I hate every thief, it’s the worst implemented class I have ever seen in an mmo game. It’s always been anti fun even since the beginning. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcRknfEzfY&t=315s) This old video for example, thief gets to reset 30 + times after getting out played at each engagement but still being able to stealth and try again as much as he likes with no consequence. As far as I care, this thief LOST 29 1v1s in a row and his class is kittening cheating.

Attack while players do not notice you, immediately stealth and disengage if the victim player fights back. This core design of the class both mitigates the amount of time that players are actually interacting with each other (diminishing the pvp experience) but also makes what should be a squishy assassin class, capable of what essentially is the highest amount of invul uptime in the game (dodge spam) or indefinite stealth.

I hate this class more then any collection of english words could express in all honestly, imo anyone who plays thief isn’t playing video games to have fun, they are playing to be troll and see a “you win” screen.

total exception to the thief players who /bow at 1vs1 spots, you guys are my homies and don’t play like total kittenes.

So much generalization and baseless, clueless accusations. You really should try to play the class at some decent skill level before flaming part of the game community just because they chose to play certain class. Just because you don’t know how the class works doesn’t mean they are cheating.

Where do game rule state someone has to bow before you?

Where do games rules state that thief players should be “honorable” and stand still there and feeding you loot bags because it is obviously what you ask for. The class is designed around being slippery and running away at costs of survival/sustain. They are not warriors after all. They reset fight? So what, you also get OOC.

Go in pvp, you will be glad to have decent team on your team. But noooo, everything is fight club and everyone should iHULK, iSMASH in “honorable” way.

As for topic: i couldn’t decide which i dislike more. Both are gimmicky builds that have only room in wvw and are basically noob stompers.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Ghost thief was way more annoying as you simply got hit by conditions from nowhere and the bloomin things would follow you till you either outran them or went into an objective.

At least the D/D evade spam I can lock down with mantra of distraction and force them to run with good timing. Course all that goes out the window when a threesome happens and the map gets 2-3s skill lag on everything.

in Thief

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

The mistake was including stealth of any form in the game in the first place. Always a bad idea.

in Thief

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Ghost Thief was definitely more annoying. The current condi thief has recognizable downtime that can in theory be exploited, but…

A long time ago, I posted in the thief forum that I was expected a class that relied more on clever dodges than on stealth. Now, they’ve given them so many dodges that there’s no point in being clever with them. Just dodge w/e you’re not in stealth and don’t have your target CCd. It’s honestly even worse. With the daredevil, they don’t even have to stop dodging to deal damage.

You can also play a tank thief and just tag everything and disengage w/e things get hot. Unless you’re bad, you can survive crowds of people chasing you even if you get revealed. Just make sure to use your god tier mobility to buy time if your stun breaks are on CD. That’s pretty annoying.

in Thief

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Hands down ghost thief. For some classes, going up against that was literally unfair, broken beyond words as some classes’ auto requires a TARGET to even do anything let alone fight something that’s 100% stealthed all day everyday.

D/D condi evade is annoying and another pinnacle of cancer entirely but at least you can target them or, like any above average player – time your bomb between evade frames since they generally have SoA as 3 condi clears and dodging. Simply stop attacking them after you’ve dropped your condi bomb so that they don’t benefit from that trait that cleanses condi’s on dodge.

in Thief

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

I prefer P/P and Staff and do fairly well roaming and groups. But for your choices the D/D definitely. I tried ghost and didn’t care much for it but then again I am not the best thief out there :P

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

A single ghost thief was no threat to anyone with a big of expersnce dealing with thief. The only 2 times they are a biy of an issue is where the was a few of them, and or, attacking clueless people who don’t stun break out of the kd and start removing condis. They can not chase neither.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

They both suck and can’t kill anything… So, I guess I like both. <3

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Thief

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The mistake was including stealth of any form in the game in the first place. Always a bad idea.

It is the worst mechanic ever introduced in an MMO.

Still though, thieves, are soft and squishy, but give decent bags if they don’t run away like the cowards we all know them to be.

SBI

in Thief

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Ghost thief pre-nerf, or the D/D condi-evade thief which seems to be popular nowadays?

Just curious. For me I actually sort of preferred ghost thief.

Dislike the evade thief more, but IMO that’s just poor design, where ghost thief was broken as doing that level of damage while remaining stealth was just wrong.

in Thief

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I don’t mind dealing with ghost trapper thieves, but the other ghost thieves (pow/cnd) are still around, they become a hassle when 2-3 or them knock you around. Still if it’s just one it’s fine because they are mostly predictable. I find the high evade thieves are probably more troublesome to deal with, especially if you have a high ping or lag spikes like I do.
I’d say probably certain ranger builds I dislike the most, the ones built to troll around keeps and make people chase them. I think many classes can do this though but that staff 3 lets them even jump across certain terrain like some places in ebg so it cuts you off from getting to them, but props to them for learning the map really well.
All in all though I don’t mind as much as I just learn to accept that people want to play like that because maybe that is the only way they can play without dying and I guess that is their form of enjoyment.

in Thief

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I dislike all thieves – when I’m on the opposite end of their wraith of course ;-)

I think for me personally, it’s the fact that there are hardly any skills (or no skills, in many cases), available for you to use to counter the opponent’s stealth. Many classes have condition removal skills and such – why not stealth removal skills/traits?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I have played both (not seriously, but more of a “this is how you beat them” kind of playing them) and I can safely say that those that do not know how to properly play a thief, play these because we all know…

Those who can’t play…play condi cheese

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Thief

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

I dislike all thieves – when I’m on the opposite end of their wraith of course ;-)

I think for me personally, it’s the fact that there are hardly any skills (or no skills, in many cases), available for you to use to counter the opponent’s stealth. Many classes have condition removal skills and such – why not stealth removal skills/traits?

If only there were skills that caused thieves to be Revealed if only Over half of the classes could do such a thing……..

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

If only there were skills that caused thieves to be Revealed if only Over half of the classes could do such a thing……..

In all fairness tho, some of us live for that debuff. If someone wanted to reveal me w/o me using my init for it and give me +200 power…who am I to complain

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

I wouldn’t mind seeing Stealth go. Problem is, that would seriously kitten with core thieves.
I wouldn’t mind seeing all the evades go… We’ve got Stealth, as long as they remove the ICD.

I won’t see both go. We need either, right now as we don’t have the ludicrous amount of passive defenses other classes do.

No matter what you do though, thieves will always be a source of frustration for any non-thief. It’s just a universal staple at this point no matter what game you play that has any rogue-y classes.

in Thief

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Thief and stealth go together like Ranger and pet or Necro and their risen friends…. it will never go and in most MMOs that way. Could be like WoW with perma stealth…o could be worse.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in Thief

Posted by: DeNdReTiC.3481

DeNdReTiC.3481

I got a nomad set for my thief for when I wanna troll perma evade ^^