Who believes the leaked patch notes are real?

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

They are most definately fake.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

My gut tells me they are real. Anet just doesn’t fully understand the classes they’ve made.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

There’s no reason that any intelligent person SHOULD believe them.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

I could bet any amount of money that they’re fake. There are so many reasons pointing to that it’s fake.

It’s not the same thing as datamined Diablo 3 patch notes.

Datamined diablo 3 patch notes are pretty much 100% accurate every time.

This is obviously not any sort of data mined patch notes, it’s 100% made up by someone with too much time.

All is vain.

in Thief

Fade.7658

I agree, but I lost hope in Anet a long time ago. While I enjoy the WvW portion of the game, the rest of it leaves me entirely bored. WvW isn’t even all that great. DAoC still does it better after all these years.

in Thief

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

They are real, instead of properly beta testing these and getting real feedback anet leaks its own patch notes then watches the forums to see user reaction. Expect very similar patch notes with maybe a few tweaks here and there, based of crying on the forums.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I agree, but I lost hope in Anet a long time ago. While I enjoy the WvW portion of the game, the rest of it leaves me entirely bored. WvW isn’t even all that great. DAoC still does it better after all these years.

I’m actually the other way around. I had fun making it to level 80, but saw WvW as the only real end-game content since I don’t care about dungeons. After getting to 80 and trying WvW, I kinda hate it. Too much time wasted just running from place to place due to a complete absence of waypoints, and you can’t do much of anything without organizing a group beforehand.
Without an organized group you can either spend 20 minutes “roaming” until you find something you can actually do, only to get beat down by 3+ people that randomly wander by and sending you to the other side of the map. Or you can wait around doing nothing until you manage to find some random allied zerg you can follow around, which isn’t fun anyway.
I actually really enjoy SPvP, but the problem is that nothing you do outside SPvP has any impact at all on it. You can’t even at least carry over equipment skins.

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’ve been reading patch notes since beta and if these “leaked” notes are fake, then they’re really well done since everything is very much in the style of ANet. They would have also been put together rather quickly considering that the announcement on the June 25th changes was made less than a day before I saw the notes come out.

But in the end, it really doesn’t matter if they’re real or not. They make for interesting discussion in a time where there’s not much interesting going on with the game.

in Thief

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

There particular parts where it screams fake, and particular parts where it just seems like unfinished released notes.

To me I think these are fake. For example, in the notes it states Ricochet is getting buffed from 25% to 50%. Ricochet has 20% chance to bounce as of now not 25%.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

I’ve been reading patch notes since beta and if these “leaked” notes are fake, then they’re really well done since everything is very much in the style of ANet. They would have also been put together rather quickly considering that the announcement on the June 25th changes was made less than a day before I saw the notes come out.

But in the end, it really doesn’t matter if they’re real or not. They make for interesting discussion in a time where there’s not much interesting going on with the game.

nah it goes into too much detail for ANET patch notes which are usually more vague. people are saying they’re “inhouse” patch notes. though i find it extremely unlikely due to how informal it is.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

I believe they’re real, but are most likely test server patch notes. These implementations need plenty of testing before they’d be ready to hit live.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Fake. Though I would really like to see a few of them happen.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Whoever made these patch notes obviously hates S/D thieves with a burning passion. Probably got rolled repeatedly by them. What a shame…

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Ghost.2079

Ghost.2079

Most any company would quickly denounce they’re validity if they are fake.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Not if they’re getting free feedback to some things they are possibly exploring.

All is vain.

in Thief

Ghost.2079

Not if they’re getting free feedback to some things they are possibly exploring.

I was thinking a similar yet different approach. These could very well be leaked notes and collecting feedback about the changes since this is the “biggest balance patch”. However, just letting the conversations go on actual fake notes to get feedback on ideas they’re possibly exploring is too far fetched for me. The chances of those notes lining up with what they are planning on doing if they aren’t real seems low. Since the patch has been announced, this isn’t research time for them. They’ve already set down what they’re planning on doing for the most part. There also seems to be a lot of sync in the notes between different sections.

All speculation.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Yea I mean I’ve seen every patch notes that has been released thus far by ANET.

Very professional. Minimal nerfs. Mostly buffs. And if there is a nerf, they offset it with a buff.

In this patch they obviously ruined S/D and crippled shortbow with basically NOTHING to offset it.

Let’s talk rangers. Their shortbow got neutered since their range got nerfed from 1200 to 900, but they got a 14% damage buff for the utilities on the bar. That’s nothing, it will not make up for the range loss. Their pets got neutered hard. Even though I don’t know much about rangers but still think those nerfs are just way too severe. I’ve fought many rangers, and they are not OP at all.

Now I heard mesmers and ele got buffed. So ANET buffs mesmer, ele (already 2 of the best classes), and nerf ranger and thief? How does that make sense. We’re already lacking in PvE and WvW zerging and they basically destroyed our utility in both of those modes.

What about the fabled mobility boost we were promised in one of the SotG? From what I can see, our mobility got destroyed in this “largest balance patch ever” with the shadow return nerf. How does that align with what they promised?

I don’t think I need to mention about the whole weakness buff??

Weakness condition change

We have a very interesting change coming to Weakness condition. Currently, Weakness decreases endurance regeneration and causes non-critical hits to have a chance to become glancing blows. We wanted this condition to punish spike damage, but it was a bit underwhelming because critical hits, which are essential to spike damage, have previously bypassed Weakness’s effect. Weakness will now cause all hits, both critical and non-critical, to have a chance to become a glancing blow. We went through and rebalanced a lot of the weakness durations for this change. We think this change will make the condition more meaningful and give it much more play.

What buff? I only see a nerf.

I’m gonna call it now. The person who made these patch notes mains a warrior, ele, and mesmer and got rolled by BM ranger and S/D thieves one too many times in tPvP (because noone uses S/D in WvW; it’s pretty obvious he plays sPvP/tPvP). That would explain EVERYTHING.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Thief

Ghost.2079

Very professional. Minimal nerfs. Mostly buffs. And if there is a nerf, they offset it with a buff.

In this patch they obviously ruined S/D and crippled shortbow with basically NOTHING to offset it.

Let’s talk rangers….

I see, as maybe a lot of others see, your points. The ranger pets – yup, seems heavy handed. Hell, mesmers gain access to a new and yet again sneaky condition – a complete double-take moment. Thief S/D – right there with you. The wording, to me, is the catch – “largest balance patch”. They tend to want (success being a different topic) many many combinations to be viable. So often does that mean the strong stuff we use gets driven into the dirt. This hopefully will open up some previously wanted yet not-as-strong combinations in specs. Don’t take that as a defense of Anet on a development end, just an observation. I still question the lack of a denouncement and the leaked patch notes’ validity… wish we knew.

I’m gonna call it now. The person who made these patch notes mains a warrior, ele, and mesmer and got rolled by BM ranger and S/D thieves one too many times in tPvP (because noone uses S/D in WvW; it’s pretty obvious he plays sPvP/tPvP). That would explain EVERYTHING.

Myself and two of the six or so thieves I run with use S/D in WvW…

And no reason they’d get this Torment condition if that was the case.

(edited by Ghost.2079)

in Thief

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

One way or the other, this thread is going to be hilarious on Tuesday.

(I’m inclined to think the list of changes is correct as of 1-2 version back internally, and what we actually get will be 90% what we’re seeing now)

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Thief

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I think they they’re both real and not real. How? Well, let me explain: Through the process of testing and developing balance changes, ideas get thrown around a lot. What we’re seeing from those “leaked” patch notes is a shorthand of considered changes and ideas that were, at some point, up for consideration by the developers.

Although they are real in that regard, it doesn’t mean they are accurate. The only way to truly know the scale of changes is to see the final live version on the 25th.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

I think they they’re both real and not real. How? Well, let me explain: Through the process of testing and developing balance changes, ideas get thrown around a lot. What we’re seeing from those “leaked” patch notes is a shorthand of considered changes and ideas that were, at some point, up for consideration by the developers.

Although they are real in that regard, it doesn’t mean they are accurate. The only way to truly know the scale of changes is to see the final live version on the 25th.

Somewhat plausible.

All is vain.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Let’s talk rangers….

I see, as maybe a lot of others see, your points. The ranger pets – yup, seems heavy handed. Hell, mesmers gain access to a new and yet again sneaky condition – a complete double-take moment. Thief S/D – right there with you. The wording, to me, is the catch – “largest balance patch”. They tend to want (success being a different topic) many many combinations to be viable. So often does that mean the strong stuff we use gets driven into the dirt. This hopefully will open up some previously wanted yet not-as-strong combinations in specs. Don’t take that as a defense of Anet on a development end, just an observation. I still question the lack of a denouncement and the leaked patch notes’ validity… wish we knew.

Myself and two of the six or so thieves I run with use S/D in WvW…

And no reason they’d get this Torment condition if that was the case.

That’s pretty interesting. I just haven’t seen any use it then….and I’ve seen a lot of thieves in WvW. Could be that they have it as their backup set that they only use it against bunkers.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

I hope they’re fake. But I think they might actually be real. It’s supicious that they appeared shortly after the general plan for the coming patch was revealed.
Then again, there was so little time between that plan and the leaked patch notes that it almost seems impossible to have made something like that in such a short time.

in Thief

Posted by: Doopslayer.2304

Doopslayer.2304

I dont think they are fake, I dont think they are the final patchnotes, this is probably the basis of what we will get though. Some changes here or there, I wouldnt be surprised if they were leaked just to see what are the reactions, and to reconsider certain changes.

in Thief

Posted by: avilo.1942

avilo.1942

Of course it’s real, they completely made sword infiltrator strike obsolete with the removal of the stun breaker. Anet is just ignorant enough to do something like remove the stunbreaker from infiltrator strike/shadow return.

in Thief

Posted by: SpreadCheese.5208

SpreadCheese.5208

They gotta be real cuz a forum mod would have said something by now or taken them down.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

They gotta be real cuz a forum mod would have said something by now or taken them down.

A forum mod doesn’t have to confirm/deny whether the patch notes are true.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

I am pretty sure they are real.
It’s not the first time that stuff like that leaked.

BUT the last time it only was some things they used from the leaked list with chenges.

So i think they’ll only apply like 50% of the buffs.

Like reducing the steal cd to 35s OR changing the GM trait to 20% cd reduction for steal

in Thief

Posted by: Yuujin.1067

Yuujin.1067

Considering ANet consolidated the thread on the general forums with the ‘leaked’ notes and have been directing posters to the ‘main thread,’ I think it is safe to assume they are in fact all real.

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The dev’s previously stated they would be increasing the guardian scepter auto attack movement speed 20% to match the necro’s staff auto attack speed. The notes say 30%. That alone makes me believe they are fake.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Thief

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

I hope they are not real. But i also fear they are…

in Thief

Posted by: Jealle.1926

Jealle.1926

they talked about new grandmaster traits, but i couldn’t see any of them for thiefs, which are the new grandmaster traits?

in Thief

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Maybe they are real but not the final version and full notes…
Maybe somethings are missing, others are not going to make it…

in Thief

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

I suspect that they have some validity. We won’t know for three more days.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

in Thief

Fade.7658

It wouldn’t surprise me if these patch notes were real. Anet is so out of touch, it isn’t funny.

You would think they would establish a PTR server, like most other MMOs. Every time they introduce a patch, something somewhere gets broken, and sometimes takes a long time to get fixed, such as auto-attack stopping after a dodge.

(edited by Fade.7658)

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

I like the ANET approach though, users don’t really know what they actually want most of the times.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Between the terminology, the robustness, the format, and the specific things they addressed, it’s very likely that they’re real in the sense that they came from Anet, but it’s also likely they’re an early draft not exactly what we’ll see on Tuesday.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Between the terminology, the robustness, the format, and the specific things they addressed, it’s very likely that they’re real in the sense that they came from Anet, but it’s also likely they’re an early draft not exactly what we’ll see on Tuesday.

I disagree. More likely they were prepared by a couple of tPvP guys.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Pretty sure they are fake because they don’t mention the condi removal on warrior burst skills which is public knowledge.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Pretty sure they are fake because they don’t mention the condi removal on warrior burst skills which is public knowledge.

Cleansing Ire: New Master tier trait with the following effects. Gain adrenaline when hit. Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Must have missed it then. I dunno, maybe then, but even if they are true they are most likely to change before getting released to the public. We all know how ANet likes to change their minds at the last minute.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Starting to think they’re real and am seeing if I can make something compelling enough to play again.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I like the people who act like its impossible to have leaked notes of GW2 since the last big balance patch notes were leaked and turned out to be accurate lol

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I like the people who act like its impossible to have leaked notes of GW2 since the last big balance patch notes were leaked and turned out to be accurate lol

It has nothing to do with info leaks being impossible. It’s just that even Anet isn’t that bad at balancing. (I hope…)

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

the worst case scenario is these are ideas they are mulling over. they put this out there for public reaction as they want the mob to be happy happy people spend money. but they wont ever do all of these as this is how people quit the game. so its def not a real list but worst case this is just how anet is feeling out public reaction. alot of it seems realistic but alot of it like stun break and cluster bomb 900 are obviously redic….but then again they already nerfed trick shot and distance on shadow return so they ahve done wierd stupid stuff b4.

in Thief

Posted by: SharadSun.3089

SharadSun.3089

As a thief, S/D (read: Larcenous Strike) needed a nerf. It was a cheesy playstyle that simply wasn’t being used right.

A good example of a fully balanced playstyle is D/P: Every single move works and is synergetic. S/D has three usable moves: Infiltrator’s Strike, Flanking/Larcenous combo, and the autoattack.

In response to nerfing Larcenous Strike and Shadow Return, they should have brought Dagger Offhand new utility and actual playability to compensate, and maybe increase the viability of the P/D and D/D that have been suffering as well.

Faolain Mag Aoidh / Diarmuidh
Leader of Thunderguard
Tarnished Coast Representative, Mist League

in Thief

Travlane.5948

what they need to do at most is add 1 init to LS if anythign at all. right now its the only build that can contend in spvp! that said….. its not even a top tier build where a team is like “ok we HAVE to have atleast 1 S/d player for this team” u know? now if u put the same skill on a warrior yeah its OP bc the warriors can have 30k hp and a crapload of toughness to go with it. but on a lowly thief that dies in a blink of an eye its not so OP at all.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

and yes they NEEEEEED to realy add about 30% more dmg and about 30% faster speed on dagger auto attack…. i mean its barely 1 per second if not slower :P dagger auto attack doesnt even break 1k where as dagger auto attacks on max dmg builds can hit 4500 or so.

in Thief

Posted by: Dangerkips.6035

Dangerkips.6035

I’m actually the other way around. I had fun making it to level 80, but saw WvW as the only real end-game content since I don’t care about dungeons. After getting to 80 and trying WvW, I kinda hate it. Too much time wasted just running from place to place due to a complete absence of waypoints, and you can’t do much of anything without organizing a group beforehand.
Without an organized group you can either spend 20 minutes “roaming” until you find something you can actually do, only to get beat down by 3+ people that randomly wander by and sending you to the other side of the map. Or you can wait around doing nothing until you manage to find some random allied zerg you can follow around, which isn’t fun anyway.
I actually really enjoy SPvP, but the problem is that nothing you do outside SPvP has any impact at all on it. You can’t even at least carry over equipment skins.

This has been my experience of it so far.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Alright so these are the real preview of traits:

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/sky-pirates-tyria-traits-preview-part-two

It suggests to me either these “leaked” patch notes are fake or ANET is redoing them pretty much all over again and these trait changes are EXCELLENT so far. Good job ANET keep it up.

The key nerf missing here is

Lotus Poison: Increased weakness duration to 4 seconds, but it can only apply once every 20 seconds per target.

This nerf didn’t make any sense , I’m glad it wasn’t real!

All is vain.