Who is the easy target ?

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Q:

Lets see if everybody has the same opinion…
Wich class is the easiest to kill as a Thief ?

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Switch.4892

Switch.4892

Generally, Rangers are the easiest to kill in any situation. I feel almost bad when I kill them.

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

Overall I have to say, it’s mainly down to their choices and skill. In general, anything glassy is free wxp, unless they can time their immo’s or avoidance skills really well.

Other than that in this order:
1. 95% of my fellow thieves! :P
2. Rangers. They have no means to fight back or escape.
3. All others, except necro/warrior.
4. (Condition) Necro’s. With their life bars and ticking amounts…
5. Warriors, why don’t you give one class everything. Luckily most are still just scrubs on an OP class. But a good warrior, ouchy..

Puz – TDA

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

fodem.2713

Switch what u run ? Burst or condi ?

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

1. Ranger, they mainly can’t affort mistakes when fighting thieves, unless the thief messes up or they catch the thief off guard.
2. Other thieves, unless they belong to the few skilled and run an anti build.
3. Casual WvW Elementalists, Necros, Mesmers, Guardians.
5. Warriors.

Most challenging to fight, when a skilled player is controlling them and they have the right build.
1. Perplexity condi CC engineer, they are just too much.
2. Scepter/Focus + GS guardian, counters spike dmg, lots of blind, and scepter keeping pressure on range and stealth.
3. Warriors, any of the stun heavy, tanky builds with good damage.
4. Stealthy Mesmers, usually ends up with extended fights where we both spam stealth.
5. Power Necros, Lich Form feels quite dangerous when encountered in a team fight.
6. Elementalists x/D, can counter spike dmg and escape backstabs with ease, does a lot of dmg, has protection, good mobility and good heals.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I wonder why so many Thieves count Rangers as easiest targets in here when in a mirror thread on Rangers forums most of Rangers list Thieves as one of the easiest to kill, on WvWvW.
Interesting fact, I mostly win with Thieves when roaming in power build. Keeping range and predicting burst may be key in here + timing PBS+ Rapid Fire overkill

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

I wonder why so many Thieves count Rangers as easiest targets in here when in a mirror thread on Rangers forums most of Rangers list Thieves as one of the easiest to kill, on WvWvW.
Interesting fact, I mostly win with Thieves when roaming in power build. Keeping range and predicting burst may be key in here + timing PBS+ Rapid Fire overkill

Interesting. I agree with the rest of the posters, though: I find Rangers easier to kill than any other class in WvW, except for glass Elementalists caught with their pants down or up-levels of any stripe.

They are probably just bad Rangers, though. Bearbow type.

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

its because of the classes there seems to be a much larger population of bad players playing thief and ranger

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It may come to player response and preparation. When I’m aware of opener I tend to stealth myself on some random thing via Hunter’s Shot, pre-using Protect Me toeat burst with pet or probably my favourite one, swapping to shortbow, waiting for opener, disengaging with Quick Shot followed by some immobilize. I generally see most other power rangers as bearbows and that may be the reason. Ones posting on Ranger forums may be conditank users, that’s probably they don’t find thieves that big issue

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

Rangers, staff elementalists.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Thieves are easily killed by thieves.

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Warriors! The most players are to stupid to control this class and to know what they do.

Or short: Everyone use the same build and tactic

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

fodem.2713

Here goes my list of easy to hard:

Easy: Other thief, bunker guardian, bunker warrior

Medium: Rangers, Mesmers , necros

Difficult: Dps guardiĆ£n, other thief counter, Engies, hammer warrior

Also If I am running a glassy build depends a lot if i attack first, on surprise i can kill almost every class but i can also be killed by every class, unless is a bunker High def.

If i am running caltrops or p/d i am kinda unbeatable , only a Very High burst or hammer warrior with lots of cc can stop me… Other than that it only comes on how much time the fight will take… But in general i can deal with everything.

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

when running glass d/d and on 1v1 duel in wvw
ranger – easy
thief – easy to long fight if he uses d/p perma stealth
mesmer – medium to difficult if running PU build
ele – easy to medium but hard to kill as most run away to regen
guardian – easy but too difficult to kill
necro – medium to difficult (power and condition build)
warrior – difficult with all the heal signet builds out there
engineer – difficult with all the perplexity out there and massive conditions build

on in all conditions build are more harder to handle than power build

in random encounter all classes are easy but the engi and warrior (even if you manage to bring them down to 50% they just run away)

if running p/d all get more easy mode but some build its long fight to boredom

(edited by messiah.1908)

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Which class is the easiest to kill….

uh….

The guy that tries to run away when I spot him? >.o;

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

LOL you guys dont fight good rangers… a regen condition ranger wont die for a power thief in like 80% of the time, imo they just have to much armor, hp and regen and their cond can eat you alive if u underestimate it. When i roam with my regen ranger i never, and i mean it died in a 1v1 never… if i cant win i just need to scape and with my regen plus a leap of 6 seconds plus so many evades theres no way only 1 player will kill me

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’m a bad thief, so the only ones I would say are staff elementalists.
I other fights as a thief I seem to screw up my rotation enough to make me think this is not the best class for me. Making a mistake as a thief is a very bad thing in this game.

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I always go for either Elementalist or Necromancer because in a pandemonium, they are casting AoE far away from where they stand and they are almost always on cooldown — easy kills every time.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Who is the easy target ?

in Thief

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

Thieves, actually.

With thieves aside…

Probably rangers, but I think this is because rangers must be played by bad players. I actually deal with thieves well on my own ranger. I can’t kill them, but they can’t kill me. Whereas when I’m on my thief they tend to die very quickly.

Elementalists, generally, if I get the drop on them. If they get the drop on me I tend to shadowstep for a few quick hits, and based on how fast they drop, I’ll finish them or run.

Anything else I wouldn’t necessarily classify as ‘easy’. Not difficult, necessarily, but not easy.