Who's noob?

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

Recently I got this kitten thief in my party in PVP. He was playing S/D with Shadow Arts. We got into an argument which follows:

He rezzed me and put SR on me and I revealed myself. He told me something like “wtf noob champion shadow?” and I replied that he should simply start rezzing me before the finish goes off (Hardly any cleave pressure, only threat was the finish), so me and other players can’t get revealed or get revealed after finish move is already done. He refused to acknowledge this.

Who’s noob, me or the kitten thief?

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Anyone who bothered to spend time arguing about it.

Kash
NSP

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Mops.5316

Mops.5316

Depends if you have revealed yourself on purpose.
If you are stealthed try to stay stealthed. In downstate there is always the possibility an enemy launches the rezzing guy off and when that happens you are better of stealthed since he can’t just try a stomp.

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

Depends if you have revealed yourself on purpose.
If you are stealthed try to stay stealthed. In downstate there is always the possibility an enemy launches the rezzing guy off and when that happens you are better of stealthed since he can’t just try a stomp.

Oh really? I’m talking about unexpected stealthing.

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

why even attack?

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

if you’re fighting together with another thief just avoid using downed skill 1.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

He rezzed me and put SR on me and I revealed myself.

you. for the love of god, don’t attack while downed. you’re not about to take the other player down. trust the thief to get you in stealth.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

People should stop spamming the freaking downstate skill #1 soon after their downed.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Depends. Did he swoop in after you were down or were you fighting alongside him and go down first? A thief just coming in on a fight where someone is down is likely to blow a SR on someone who didn’t know they were going to get helped. Is much better to interrupt the stomp if possible in that situation, then throw the Refuge so it doesn’t get wasted. If I’m playing with an actual team, I’ll tell them to stop attacking before I throw it (when I’m running it). If I’m pugging it, I’ll try to interrupt the stomp instead.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

why even attack?

Cos 100% of fights, the stomping guy is at 1% HP and has all skills on cd so my knifeee11111 will get him :P

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Cos 100% of fights, the stomping guy is at 1% HP and has all skills on cd so my knifeee11111 will get him :P

Yeah, that’s why people at teq do that as well “I’ll get this 2 mio k HP guy before I die!!” Sometimes it makes sense to spam 1 in downed state but in most cases it’s a lot easier to use #4 – you’ll get up twice as fast.

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Eh? 8/10 fights if you are down you are defeated in 1v1 , even big fights but anyway so why even bother to spam #1? only times you should do something is if your a necro (though that was nerfed) or they are also very low.

Even so, you had an ally thief with you on your team and you still spammed #1. I think you are the fool, everyone knows not to spam #1 when a Freindly thief is close.

And was is this about stealthing at the last second, what if he got stunned or rupted? The most annoying thing in pvp for me is not running from fights, afk on points but stupid pillocks mindlessly spamming #1 in down state even though I even called sr.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

You. Sry.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Yeah, that’s why people at teq do that as well “I’ll get this 2 mio k HP guy before I die!!” Sometimes it makes sense to spam 1 in downed state but in most cases it’s a lot easier to use #4 – you’ll get up twice as fast.

I think this is cos in open world pve (non boss encouters), spamming downed 111 is what gets people up, you won’t outheal if mobs are hitting you, unless you are a ranger. Plus many have no idea what the other skills do, reading tool tips is too much (did fract lvl 50 the other day with mes using downed 2 right when anyone started rezzing, fun times).

Then they come pvp/wvw and give thieves a heartattack.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Who's noob?

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I think this is cos in open world pve (non boss encouters), spamming downed 111 is what gets people up, you won’t outheal if mobs are hitting you, unless you are a ranger. Plus many have no idea what the other skills do, reading tool tips is too much (did fract lvl 50 the other day with mes using downed 2 right when anyone started rezzing, fun times).

Then they come pvp/wvw and give thieves a heartattack.

They give me a heartattack no matter what game mode and they often kill me.
Maybe being a thief turns one into a better player overall.No offense, OP, but the downed skills as a thief are really important, maybe not so much for other classes.