Why can Thieves stealth through daze?

in Thief

Posted by: Monad.7210

Monad.7210

It happens often enough that when i daze a thief, he goes stealth right after. I mean, shouldnt daze block use of skills or am i missing something?

in Thief

Posted by: Mumu.6203

Mumu.6203

I think that you can still use utility skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Yeah, daze does not prevent casting of utility slot skills.

~Shadowkat

in Thief

Posted by: Monad.7210

Monad.7210

And i always thought it blocked all skills. Oh well….

in Thief

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

There is also a trait in trickery that if more than 10% of HP is taken in a single strike, feathers are used to blind the opponent and then stealth. Can only happen once per minute.

If you are not seeing any animation, this is also a possibility. Doesn’t get me out of a stun but makes you drop the target and gives me just enough time to use a condition remover then run. I happen to be one of the rare thieves that carry a condition remover.

Amazing how many people just stop attacking when a thief stealths. Press the attack. I do and it is also amazing how many thieves rely on others not pressing the attack.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in Thief

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

As a mather of fact, daze really locks out skills, wheter utility or not, however, what you see mostly is thieves, that like me, use blinding powder, because this particular skill acts like a stun breaker, in the sense that is a skill that is not disabled by any other skill, wheter is a stun, daze, KD, watever. It doesnt break stuns, ull still be stuned or dazed or KDed, but since you can use it , you go imediatelly invisible. Combined with shadow embrace, for example, it removes immobilize instantly, and efectivally works pretty much as a CC breaker in a lot of situations, specially when your opponent opens up with immo and forges to cover with another condition. This skill has another peculiarity, despite being insta cast, you cannot cast in mid stomp, like SoS, if you do so, ull interrupt the stomp.

Adapt or die. I never die.

in Thief

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

Instant Cast skills are not locked down by Control effects.

However if the skill is not a stun-breaker, the Thief does not shake off the Control effect.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

There is also a trait in trickery that if more than 10% of HP is taken in a single strike, feathers are used to blind the opponent and then stealth. Can only happen once per minute.

and Last Refuge (auto stealth at 25% health)

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Which needs to be removed.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

They will never remove last refuge, the necro community has been wanting the 5 point reanimator to be turned off, swapped, or just left blank for months.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

i disagree, but it is off topic.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

Also shadow step can be used and you think he’s disappeared at least that’s what I use. There are occurances however when nothing seems to work for me when some blob of enemies drop on me. I’m not sure what causes this as I don’t seem to be able to use any abilities at this time which rarely occurs (when I hit a guardian with Steal I get a mace smash skill that dazes and prevents the use of abilities for 4 seconds is it something similar maybe). However usually for me shadowstep always gets me away from any CC as long as I’m quick enough.

in Thief

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

It is amazing how many players stop attacking when they see the thief stealth. They should probably learn to play.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.