Why can't Thieves

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Ulysses.4765

Ulysses.4765

Go through gate portals after teleporting to them in their downed states?

Elementalists can mist form through them, warriors can get up and walk straight through them…

Why can’t I go through them by teleporting?

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: andyMak.6985

andyMak.6985

I go through them by not dying: )

But no I agree this irritates me
Maybe because we land in front

Ele n warr are moving throu it. We don’t really move through

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Kilthorn.8921

Kilthorn.8921

I go through them by not dying: )

But no I agree this irritates me
Maybe because we land in front

Ele n warr are moving throu it. We don’t really move through

However if we use shadowstep or Infiltrator’s Arrow while alive on the door it teleports us through it. Same Mechanic, different result.

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

Technically Im guessing its because elementalist vapor form actually revives them for the duration, as does the warrior one, while our teleport we’re always “downed”

As for why this is the case, comes down to “Because its Anet”

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’d rather see eles and warrior being unable to use portals while under the influence of their downed skill instead of thiefs (and randomly mesmers) being able to portal while downed…

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Elmuerto.9840

Elmuerto.9840

Yeah mist form can be quite a boon in WvW, for the thief teleport “line of sight” is the defining quantity so therefore you can’t actually see through the door. This will even apply where you can see an area but the mechanics decide that due to the terrain you can’t. The only upside is I have never seen an Ele do anything other than postpone their death in sPvP with mist form, on the other hand when there have been no pets or illusions around I have managed to use the thief port to revive myself the odd time. Pets and illusions – smarter and quicker than the average bear when seeking out sneaky thieves.

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

I’d rather see eles and warrior being unable to use portals while under the influence of their downed skill instead of thiefs (and randomly mesmers) being able to portal while downed…

This. Thieves shouldn’t be able to shadowstep into portal while downed. No one should. It’s a whole kittenload of kitten.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Humorless.1573

Humorless.1573

Rather than thieves being able to, just stop elementalists and warriors from doing it.

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Oh, so you need more ways to not die?
You are a thief, hw are you dying anyway? Just run away like all other thiefs do, being cowardly is a requirement to play the prof

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

To be fair, if other classes could, I think they’d run too. As proven by D/D ele’s.

Guardians can some times make it out if they can out tank your damage, etc etc Lol

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Elmuerto.9840

Cameirus, you rascal..I’m afraid the running away to come back and stab you in the back is a very thief thing to do. I never run away I only re-position.

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Cameirus.8407

Cameirus, you rascal..I’m afraid the running away to come back and stab you in the back is a very thief thing to do. I never run away I only re-position.

Running away is fine, but beign able to always do it (unless you are a bad thief) is really annoying.
The amount of times a thief jumps me, I fend off the burst attacks, we skirmish for a bit, then they just stealth and inflitrators arrow away with impunity is annoying.
And come back again and again and again. I have to “win” each and every time for no reward, yet they have to win once for a reward.

Yes I can get lucky by aoe spamming when they stealth, but no other class relies on pure luck to be beaten.

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Neither does thief.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

The easiest way to learn how to beat a thief is to make one, then observe how others beat you, and repeat+ learn from it.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Elmuerto.9840

The good news is that it is possible to lock thieves down – I’ve came across other players from different classes that have shown this. I think there is usually a way that can be found, but you are right the class is meant to be slippery.

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

You were downed, your fault.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Humorless.1573

Humorless.1573

Running away is fine, but beign able to always do it (unless you are a bad thief) is really annoying.
The amount of times a thief jumps me, I fend off the burst attacks, we skirmish for a bit, then they just stealth and inflitrators arrow away with impunity is annoying.
And come back again and again and again. I have to “win” each and every time for no reward, yet they have to win once for a reward.

Yes I can get lucky by aoe spamming when they stealth, but no other class relies on pure luck to be beaten.

I’m guessing you’re one of those sad people that log out during 1v1s?

Why can't Thieves

in Thief

Cameirus.8407

I’m guessing you’re one of those sad people that log out during 1v1s?

um….no.

I just dont bother chasing thieves anymore. I kick their kitten until they run, they carry on with what I was doing. I tend to treat them as a pesky annoyance, kind of like a gnat buzzing round you. Pretty ineffectual, and mildly annoying, but not realy worth the bother of swatting.