4 Steal Gold or Loot from Players.
5 Steal Loot or Gold from Trash mobs.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

We should get elite stolen skills from bosses.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: DontPaniC.8740

DontPaniC.8740

You can you just have to go back in time to 2004 and install World of warcraft.

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

There was another MMO where thieves could pickpocket money from mobs. Nobody took a thief in their group because players thought it was coming out of shared loot. Iit didn’t actually matter whether the rumor was true or not. All your suggestions there will hit the same problems. Players will resent thieves for doing something other classes can’t do, taking something that might not be theirs, or getting more for the same work. It’s all the reasons why thieves aren’t liked in the real world really and it’s an easy design decision to edit these features out of the game.

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Majora.6028

Majora.6028

“Stealing” money from other players is stupid. It is either:
1.You steal from their literal gold, and they lose some as you gain. Which is stupid and unfair.

or

2. You just “steal” gold from them, where they do not lose any, but you gain some.
That would be even more stupid. All someone would have to do is have a friend make a character in a different server, go to WvW, and stand there and steal from that character constantly. That would generate money without any effort.

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

2. You just “steal” gold from them, where they do not lose any, but you gain some.
That would be even more stupid. All someone would have to do is have a friend make a character in a different server, go to WvW, and stand there and steal from that character constantly. That would generate money without any effort.

Can you imagine the sight of 100 thief bots, spamming steal on each other in some remote location in WvWvW.

Yeah its horrible idea, tbh remove steal and just rename it teleport and give it abit lower cooldown. There is rarely anything useful you get from steal, except stealth from another thief.

Thief.

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

There was another MMO where thieves could pickpocket money from mobs. Nobody took a thief in their group because players thought it was coming out of shared loot. Iit didn’t actually matter whether the rumor was true or not. All your suggestions there will hit the same problems. Players will resent thieves for doing something other classes can’t do, taking something that might not be theirs, or getting more for the same work. It’s all the reasons why thieves aren’t liked in the real world really and it’s an easy design decision to edit these features out of the game.

I wont lie I laughed hard at this. Mainly the part: “It’s all the reasons why thieves aren’t liked in the real world really….” :‘D I’m not being mean for some reason this made me laugh…because we are hated everywhere

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

When orbs were around in WvW thieves could sneak in and take them (via some exploit I think). That got patched pretty fast though, even before orbs were removed outright. Probably the closest the class ever got to actual thievery.

(edited by roamzero.9486)

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

1 Steal Loot from Bosses.

Stealth and loot a chest guarded by a boss monster.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: skyhaven.8472

skyhaven.8472

Why can’t thieves pickpocket? It is not even right thieves should be able to steal from players and in game characters almost every class can do something special like the ranger can tame animals. And the thieve can not pickpocket what?

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’d prefer if Thieves were able to steal like now, except be able to take an item from an ally. Do you know how I would feel if I knew I could group with a necro and have Skull Fear whenever I wanted? I would be ECSTATIC, simply because then I’d always have access to Fear.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

To be fair, I’m not sure i’d be too happy to see a Necromancer turn up at my door either.

Why can't Thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Why cannot thieves steal my ranger pet?

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU