Why exactly... did Rev have to get... ?

in Thief

Posted by: ohmygodBBQ.9210

ohmygodBBQ.9210

Now it’s not like I want to talk about the really obvious stuff like Rev getting this extremely cool sword3-skill that makes every thief going fangirl about it, or the unreasonable amount of quickness they get that would suit a thief maybe even better or the whole assassin stance in general, I’m over that. I’m really not mad about that anymore.
But-
Why exactly did Rev have to get Assassin’s Presence instead of thief?
It’s not like it would make thief OP again, but it would be reasonable. +150 Partywide Ferocity would be, er… atleast something. As always not what we asked for, but better than Pistol-Auto-Buff. Not that I’m mad or something (I maybe am a bit), but why did they even have to call it Assassin’s Presence and not like Presence of the Mists or something that would not make me feel like getting pranked.
I’m missing the reason behind that. Maybe you guys can help me.

in Thief

Posted by: Lilly Satou.1482

Lilly Satou.1482

Because rev is a forced class and they took all of the interesting ideas to make other classes better and called it revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Because thieves are nuthin but beggars and cutthroats that gets hit by karma. Keep doing what you’re good at which is stealing and stealthing, then let the real assassins do their work.

On a side note, it’s assassin stance because that is who Shiro Tagachi was, and we.. err the revenant channel his legend.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Because rev is a forced class and they took all of the interesting ideas to make other classes better and called it revenant.

I like the revenant, but mechanically, this.

S/S and Shiro feel like what thief should be, and I’m pretty sure the other legends more or less embody what other classes were supposed to be.

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Because they need to sell HoT and what is better way to do it than create artificial demand by nerfing thief to oblivion and give rev all that thieves ever wanted?

in Thief

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Because they need to sell HoT and what is better way to do it than create artificial demand by nerfing thief to oblivion and give rev all that thieves ever wanted?

Nailed it.

Attachments:

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

They didn’t even stop there. They nerfed the core game as a whole and put all the goodies behind the pay wall. You want legendary? Too bad, the precursor will no longer drop after HoT since you can craft it there. If you want a legendary, you need to buy HoT.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

They didn’t even stop there. They nerfed the core game as a whole and put all the goodies behind the pay wall. You want legendary? Too bad, the precursor will no longer drop after HoT since you can craft it there. If you want a legendary, you need to buy HoT.

Precursors for vanilla legendaries can still be obtained the normal way. I’m not sure but precursor crafting might even be something everyone get, even without buying HoT.
Also, since when expansion are waywalling stuff in a MMO. This whole argument over other parts of the forum is ridiculous.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

To prove a point: Which is Thief isn’t the Assassin anymore. Revenant is, and shall replace it. Easier to just replace the class than redesign it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Edit: Dunno why i thought Assassins prescence was something else. Thief DOES have an equivalent, its No quarter in crit strikes. Sure its not party wide but thiefs party support is different

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Precursors for vanilla legendaries can still be obtained the normal way. I’m not sure but precursor crafting might even be something everyone get, even without buying HoT.
Also, since when expansion are waywalling stuff in a MMO. This whole argument over other parts of the forum is ridiculous.

Of course. I was being sarcastic.

If ArenaNet would create an artificial demand, wouldn’t they have done it on the Legendaries instead of the Thief skills? Since they didn’t, this idea of “artificial demand” must be false.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Edit: Dunno why i thought Assassins prescence was something else. Thief DOES have an equivalent, its No quarter in crit strikes. Sure its not party wide but thiefs party support is different

No Quarter WAS party wide on it’s release but was removed.

No we all know why lol

in Thief

Posted by: CadeRG.4508

CadeRG.4508

Gw2 is not a free to play game. Be thankful that Anet doesn’t force you to play monthly.

Vaulting daredevil leap frog teef of AoE destruction

in Thief

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Simply put, a “thief” is not an “assassin”.

A thief is a guy that either sneakily and swiftly make it’s path to it’s target or ambush it and then steal something from it. Be it it’s found or it’s life. This is a thematic that is supported by it’s natural high mobility, it’s stealth, it’s poisons and it’s traps. In fact a thief should be and is a profession that wear off it’s target through harassing it by taking advantage of sneak attacks.

An assassin, on the other hand is something more brutal, that like blood and murder. Something that focus only on killing it’s ennemy without any regard on the mean that he need to use. And that is what shiro is, a pure assassin that rush on it’s target to kill without any real subtility. In many way, shiro is closer to the warrior profession.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

A thief is a guy that either sneakily and swiftly make it’s path to it’s target or ambush it and then steal something from it. Be it it’s found or it’s life. This is a thematic that is supported by it’s natural high mobility, it’s stealth, it’s poisons and it’s traps. In fact a thief should be and is a profession that wear off it’s target through harassing it by taking advantage of sneak attacks.

An assassin, on the other hand is something more brutal, that like blood and murder. Something that focus only on killing it’s ennemy without any regard on the mean that he need to use. And that is what shiro is, a pure assassin that rush on it’s target to kill without any real subtility. In many way, shiro is closer to the warrior profession.

It’s the same thing when you put it that way. It’s just Assassins are focused on killing and not stealing shinies.
The thing is Thieves were born from GW1 Assassins and inherited most of their skills but they got corrupted by the dark side (stealth) and lost touch with much of their strength and technique. Without Cantha’s influence and teachings on the world they have lost their Way (of the Master).
Revenant was able to find the dead and buried Cantha in the Mist and take over what the original Assassins lost when they fell from grace and became obsessed with petty thievery and the evil shadow magic that grants stealth. It’s like a drug that they think is helping them but it’s actually killing them.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

It’s the same thing when you put it that way. It’s just Assassins are focused on killing and not stealing shinies.
The thing is Thieves were born from GW1 Assassins and inherited most of their skills but they got corrupted by the dark side (stealth) and lost touch with much of their strength and technique. Without Cantha’s influence and teachings on the world they have lost their Way (of the Master).
Revenant was able to find the dead and buried Cantha in the Mist and take over what the original Assassins lost when they fell from grace and became obsessed with petty thievery and the evil shadow magic that grants stealth. It’s like a drug that they think is helping them but it’s actually killing them.

I love how you said it. It’s beautiful. So they lost their thirst for blood because they starve for stealth.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Thief

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

You will have to have HOT to craft the new Legendaries. They require items that are only obtainable in the new zones. Much like the Bandit Crests and Geodes. The zone completions of the new areas is also a requirement. Take a look at the Points of Interest posts on the GW2 website. It lays it out.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Gw2 is not a free to play game. Be thankful that Anet doesn’t force you to play monthly.

GW2 is a free-to-play game.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/

You will have to have HOT to craft the new Legendaries. They require items that are only obtainable in the new zones. Much like the Bandit Crests and Geodes. The zone completions of the new areas is also a requirement. Take a look at the Points of Interest posts on the GW2 website. It lays it out.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

I apologize that my sarcasm wasn’t apparent.

Of course. I was being sarcastic.

If ArenaNet would create an artificial demand, wouldn’t they have done it on the Legendaries instead of the Thief skills? Since they didn’t, this idea of “artificial demand” must be false.

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

because revnant was the repository for all the good class ideas they wanted to stick on existing classes.

And then the community demanded “we want new classes even if they don’t actually add anything to the game, because only 2 heavy classes is unfair, and we would rather reroll than play existing characters”

So arenanet gave the community what they wanted. We could have had 2 elite specs per class so the system was actually interesting at launch in stead of in six months, but in stead we got a new class that took all of the useful mechanics and mashed them together in to a fundamentally boring and uncustomizable package.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Thief

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

because revnant was the repository for all the good class ideas they wanted to stick on existing classes.

And then the community demanded “we want new classes even if they don’t actually add anything to the game, because only 2 heavy classes is unfair, and we would rather reroll than play existing characters”

So arenanet gave the community what they wanted. We could have had 2 elite specs per class so the system was actually interesting at launch in stead of in six months, but in stead we got a new class that took all of the useful mechanics and mashed them together in to a fundamentally boring and uncustomizable package.

QFT