Why so much nerfs on s/d thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: vrilek.4038

vrilek.4038

The last viable tpvp thief build will be nerfed soon. I really dont understand this.. Other gimmick more op builds were nearly untouched.. META condi spam stun will still continue. Spirit zoo spam, necors condi spamm (1 bleed less? wtf), guardian bunker, warriors nc… Personally i dont want this type of pvp, shame it has the greatest potential of all mmo games..

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

yup the only viable build that could cap.

Now perma boon builds are gods. Well my hope is over with anet.

Just reroll a guardian or warrior.

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Perma boon builds aren’t godlike, and no the sky isn’t falling. Decent thieves will continue to thrive. No need for hyperbole. I look forward to a decent challenge for once.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

Perma boon builds aren’t godlike, and no the sky isn’t falling. Decent thieves will continue to thrive. No need for hyperbole. I look forward to a decent challenge for once.

Decent thieves will be playing Warrior.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Decent thieves will be playing Warrior.

Jumper you’re a boss!

furiously smashes +1

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

ummm its funny…u can tell the good thieves from bad thieves. even now the best thieves in the game CAN and ARE beaten by every other class. no class is considered a 90%’er in the sense that they win over 90% of all duels regardless of class. id say right now warrior and guardian are the best. the skill level for them are pretty low. everything is laid out before they battle and know what they are going to do in what order almost regardless of enemy decisions.

most people thing anet is stupid. well that may be true. most people think they have no idea what is going on in the thief world. that part isnt really true. even tho i only play guardian prolly 5% of my on game time..i still know whats going on in the class and have and pretty good idea what most play just by playing against them. if u dont know your enemy then you dontknow how to react. “I” believe anet is just trashing thief so their favorites can rise up to be the “best”. its pretty blatant with these nerfs. the initiative nerf is pretty huge. the regen buff is well short of even becming even. thieves are doomed to die. they ahve nerfed us EVERY single patch. NOT EVEN ONE PATCH has come by wihtout a nerf….and the true die hard thieve players are hanging on by a thread. 900 range nerf on cluster bomb? pfft . so obvious. the one thing that kinda made us useful in wvw. gone. anyway keep your heads up guys…. they will fix it when the next big game comes out

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

The best thieves are definitely NOT beaten by every other class, clearly. LOL.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

I never really saw how it was that great overall. But other classes who coul do 10 times more teamfight damage didnt like it so… oh well lol

in Thief

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Did you mean the nerf inc on Dec 10th?

IS, it’s already an OP skill, even without the spam, you can instantly teleport to your foe and also immobilized it. That’s pretty insane in this kind of games.

I don’t know why so many thieves are crying and saying their class will be useless after this patch.
Also this “nerf” was pretty obvious, if IS can’t break stuns then the common sense is that you can’t teleport away if you’re in CC, it’s just common sense.

Btw, I’m using s/d and I will be using it after this patch.

(edited by Elxdark.9702)

in Thief

Posted by: Maesk.8753

Maesk.8753

Did you mean the nerf inc on 10 dec?

IS, it’s already an OP skill, even without the spam, you can instantly teleport to your foe and also immobilized it. That’s pretty insane in this kind of games.

I don’t know why so many thieves are crying and saying their class will be useless after this patch.
Also this “nerf” was pretty obvious, if IS can’t break stuns then the common sense is that you can’t teleport away if you’re in CC, it’s just common sense.

Btw, I’m using s/d and I will be using it after this patch.

Because by taking away the ability for IR to be used while stunned they’re taking a lot of survivability from the build without giving anything in return.

in Thief

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

To my knowledge: “Infiltrator’s Return” will no longer break stun and is going to have a 1/4s cast time added to it. Assuming you are used to combat it still shouldn’t’ be too difficult to simple blink out of the way before the giant, slow, clunky hammer hits you.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

To my knowledge: “Infiltrator’s Return” will no longer break stun and is going to have a 1/4s cast time added to it. Assuming you are used to combat it still shouldn’t’ be too difficult to simple blink out of the way before the giant, slow, clunky hammer hits you.

Yeah, the only thing the change will do is make it so that people can actually have the oppotunity to CC you, meaning you can’t just use it as an unlimited get-out-of-jail-free card. If you can’t read the CC and port before it gets you, you can’t just use it to cover up sloppy reactions or missed reads. That said, you can always use it after the CC wears off, provided you didn’t get 2 shotted for being complete glass.

The only thing that really bugs me about this is that it won’t apply to the mesmer staff (or at least they never mentioned it, to my knowledge). That thing is incredibly powerful for more or less the same reason, in that it makes it very difficult to CC them since they can port out of it every 10 seconds. It’s not as “crazy” as what thieves have, but I still see it as an ability that could probably also use this 1/4 cast time deal.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Correction everyone: IR hasn’t been able to break stun in months, they nerfed that already. The reason the nerf is bad is because it kills the mobility of S/D Thieves which are already glassy as kitten as it is. It removes our ability to IR stomp and it removes our ability to return to safety if we are focussed too heavily.

It’s not an infinite get out of jail free card, it costs 5 initiative for goodness sake. What they should do instead is lower the return availability time to 10 instead and see what affect it had. If it was stilll good then lowering it again would be fine.

Also, it’s not just this nerf that matters, it’s the nerf to.initiative that Anet are wrongly calling a 33% buff to all builds that matters most.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain