Posted by: Tring.7042

Tring.7042

I just found why the thief traps are so hard to use
They are linear, not circle

Why thief traps are not circle?

in Thief

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

That’s just how the are, because if you think about it, (I forget the name), but the trap where a thief comes up when someone walk across it really doesn’t make sense for being an AoE circle. You just gotta get used to the shape of it, it doesn’t really make a difference after a while.

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

in Thief

Posted by: Singularity.1486

Singularity.1486

And thief traps are not AoE unlike rangers…

in Thief

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

And thief traps are not AoE unlike rangers…

Not like ranger’s trap is any better too lol (except maybe spike trap)

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

just remember trap set up on a 90 degree angle to what way you are facing so… if you always setting them up correctly you have farther range then if it was a circle trap.

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Here’s a question to go with our trival garbage traps!

Why are our traps such worthless trash compared to a rangers? Have you seen what a condition damage ranger does with them? You can die to their traps by themselves. That is to say their utility skills alone can kill you … “Balanced”

Meanwhile thief traps … oh man, that 3 second immobilize and 3 bleeds and one stack of poison!!! LOOK OUT … IT MIGHT BE A SLIGHT INCONVENIENCE!!! Or how about Ambush Trap, alright I got an NPC helping me … wait wat, it’s already dead. Tripwire? How about they just evade over it and it’s like it never even existed in the first place. At least shadow trap doesn’t suffer from that, but it completely negates a trait that it doesn’t even work with anyway, “Resourceful Trapper”. Really, our traps are a pathetic joke, another clear indicator that whatever idiot is balancing our class, doesn’t care about his job.

Meanwhile ranger traps have persisting effects that are useful and do a lot of damage, so even when triggered with an evade, they can still @#$% you up! Totally and completely fair to have such powerful utilities where as ours are borderline worthless.

(edited by Jesiah.2457)

in Thief

Posted by: Joker.9812

Joker.9812

You know, this is RIGHT the best topic I’ve ever seen.
More fun than ever!

Everything, which has its beginning…
… has also its end.

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Cause Anet is too rectangular to make it circle.

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It’s a tripwire. It’s meant for single target even though it’s 5target listing.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’m not even sure that would make them useful…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Forsaken.4215

Forsaken.4215

Here’s a question to go with our trival garbage traps!

Why are our traps such worthless trash compared to a rangers? Have you seen what a condition damage ranger does with them? You can die to their traps by themselves. That is to say their utility skills alone can kill you … “Balanced”

Meanwhile thief traps … oh man, that 3 second immobilize and 3 bleeds and one stack of poison!!! LOOK OUT … IT MIGHT BE A SLIGHT INCONVENIENCE!!! Or how about Ambush Trap, alright I got an NPC helping me … wait wat, it’s already dead. Tripwire? How about they just evade over it and it’s like it never even existed in the first place. At least shadow trap doesn’t suffer from that, but it completely negates a trait that it doesn’t even work with anyway, “Deadly Trapper”. Really, our traps are a pathetic joke, another clear indicator that whatever idiot is balancing our class, doesn’t care about his job.

Meanwhile ranger traps have persisting effects that are useful and do a lot of damage, so even when triggered with an evade, they can still @#$% you up! Totally and completely fair to have such powerful utilities where as ours are borderline worthless.

You must be a total noob. My thief eats rangers within 5 seconds my traps are powerful and venoms help boost condi. Learn to play before posting such paragraphs full of crap

kenjutsu

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

The only problem I have with our traps is that even though it can target up to 5 foe (I don’t remember the exact number), it disappear right when the first foe activates it, effectively trapping… only him, and not his comrades that are just 0.05 seconds behind him.

To be able to trap all those 5 targets we have to use our traps like melee attacks which is kinda… weird.

I’ve suggested placing a delay of 1seconde after activation of the traps before it disappears so we can effectively trap multiple foes at the same time.
I think other people have made this suggestion too before.

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

The only problem I have with our traps is that even though it can target up to 5 foe (I don’t remember the exact number), it disappear right when the first foe activates it, effectively trapping… only him, and not his comrades that are just 0.05 seconds behind him.

To be able to trap all those 5 targets we have to use our traps like melee attacks which is kinda… weird.

I’ve suggested placing a delay of 1seconde after activation of the traps before it disappears so we can effectively trap multiple foes at the same time.
I think other people have made this suggestion too before.

Or maybe Anet could for once not skimp on thief options and make taking some of our utilities more worth taking. Like if it can affect 5 targets, then how about allowing it to stay after it’s activated, but if someone’s already been hit by it, they can’t be hit by it again – thus allowing for other targets to run into it (up to it’s listed amount) while it “persists” for a 3 to 5 second duration, giving it a chance to actually hit other targets.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I just wish they would make them circular, even if it doesn’t make “sense”. It would make them a lot easier to use since you wouldn’t end up with orientation problems. They can just have a smaller radius to compensate.

in Thief

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

What about having the trigger area rectangle, but the effect area a circle?

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

What about having the trigger area rectangle, but the effect area a circle?

It was already the case. At the start, the effect area was a circle that was smaller than the rectangle on the sides. Which as a result meant people that triggerered the trap on the sides would not even get affected by it.

I’m not sure how they changed the effect area after that though.

in Thief

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

i like the fact they are a different shape than ranger’s traps but it sucks they’re effectively single target. they ought to have a duration and pulse like ranger traps.

downed state is bad for PVP