Will we have a place in HoT PVE raids ?

in Thief

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Little worried we wont have a role at all in the new HoT raids. My thief is in full ascended armor, weapons, and accessories but I just have this nagging feeling no one will want me in their pve ten man raid

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in Thief

Posted by: Blutdrache.7086

Blutdrache.7086

Hey! So I’ve been playing thief as my PvE main for a little over 2 and a half years now, and this is a big worry of mine as well!

There’s not enough information about what raids will require and not require to base a sound judgement on whether thief will or will not have a spot for optimal future raid teams, but it’s not looking good.

With that said, as long as you find a group of friends to do raids with they really won’t mind whatever role or class you choose to fill in the upcoming content. Anet is also not going to make it so that one class will ruin the chances of completing the raid for the whole team, your team just might not be “optimal” by lead raid progression standards.

And finally, from raid experience in FFXIV, playing a class that you can comfortably survive a challenging encounter with goes a long way. A living player in an encounter will always be more useful than a dead one.

Those are my humble thoughts on the matter.

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqkDeath.6702

BlaqkDeath.6702

Well we know there is a lot of boon striping besides necro and Mesmer we have quite a few skills that fit that role

Arnie

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

“Thief? What’s a thief?”

^ Just trying to warm you guys up to post-HoT syndrome.

/another sad thief signing off

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I’m still trying to figure out why would I want to use Staff and where?
When would staff be better than S/P or than D/D?
Or where would I use it as a secondary weapon in the place of SB?

That being said, so far Thief has provided three things in a party: good dps, blinds and stealth.

For DPS I think the Revenant / Ele and even Reaper are better choices and less squishy than us.
Blinds and stealth, I don’t know how useful they will prove for raids, but maybe they will still be needed for dungeons.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Picture shows how far we got as a 9-man team, myself playing Daredevil. Our 9th DCd immediately afterwards, causing us to call it a night and to try again with a full 10 today.

Staff Daredevil is MONSTROUS as a DPS role in the raid. Should you require it, you can take Invigorating Precision to lose some Ferocity in exchange for self-sustain over time (which is key in this particular boss fight). Apart from that, going all-in with DA/CS/Daredevil and running a rotation of Bound, Weakening Charge and auto chains puts in serious work (seemingly a margin higher than D/D). On top of that, Shortbow secondary gives some fairly important burst mobility for this fight, as you need to be in a certain place at a certain time if another teammate can’t make it.

There’s also some really nice utility for this fight in particular. Burst CC from Physicals, nice amounts of Immobilise to manage certain adds and so on.

One thing to note is that with 10 people fighting a boss you don’t need Sundering Strikes as the Vulnerability cap will always be met, allowing a choice of Practised Tolerance instead to put your DPS up further.

If the next few fights require more group healing etc, we won’t do a great job of that, but we can keep ourselves up very well and do insane DPS while we’re at it.
I swapped to Daredevil and never looked back.

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

aka bring your warrior guize

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Auesis I see you have two condi-based utilities on your bar, could you give us more details about your build / focus?
thx

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Neither were for condition damage. They were used for cripple zones and ranged immobilises to slow down Seekers. I’ve since taken off Caltrops as our ranged/mobile team can keep cripple up just fine.

Impairing Daggers is still used to take down breakbars along with Impact Strike.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief