Withdraw Issue finally acknowledged

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

It took 6 months and around 10 posts across 3 official guild wars forums and Reddit, but the issue has finally been at least acknowledged.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3xd25d/thief_heal_withdraw_still_missing_10_healing/cy3y2i7

As I said in that thread, I’m not thrilled with the timeline, but let’s all at least say thanks to Grouch for taking the time to let us know that Anet is aware of the issue – that’s vastly better than being in the dark about the whole thing.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

it’s a small step in the right direction.

but if a documented minor change to a single skill takes 7+ months to implement, then what hope do we have of thief being balanced properly?

(edited by Gray.9041)

in Thief

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Wow they actually said something about this… a little longer and this would become the new “Last Guardian”.

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

And it’s on reddit, as usual.

They should just close this forum and put official on the reddit instead.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in Thief

Posted by: James Quall.6029

James Quall.6029

This isn’t a balance issue, it’s a bug. Why do we have to wait until next year for them to fix the healing coefficients to be what they’re supposed to be?

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Not a bug, they simply forgot to adjust the skill.
Anyway, thief or everything is that broken in my opinion that 1k more healing won’t really solve anything. So if the next balance patch will be:
Elementalist: buffed a, buffed b, buffed c…
Ranger: buffed a, buffed b, buffed c, buffed d
Revenant: Buffed a,b,c,d,e
Thief: Fixed a typo in the tooltips, gave withdraw the 1k more damage promised in June last year

I wouldn’t be too surprised.
I sound cynic, don’t I?

ETA: I also wouldn’t be surprised if they just leave it like it is – balance, you know?!

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

James Quall.6029

Not a bug, they simply forgot to adjust the skill.
Anyway, thief or everything is that broken in my opinion that 1k more healing won’t really solve anything. So if the next balance patch will be:
Elementalist: buffed a, buffed b, buffed c…
Ranger: buffed a, buffed b, buffed c, buffed d
Revenant: Buffed a,b,c,d,e
Thief: Fixed a typo in the tooltips, gave withdraw the 1k more damage promised in June last year

I wouldn’t be too surprised.
I sound cynic, don’t I?

Whether you call a skill not having the extra healing they said it does a bug or not, either way it’s not something that has to (or should) wait until some balance patch a month or two away.

But yeah it’s not even so much about the relatively minor boost to healing, it’s the fact that anet is unable or unwilling to make a simple and necessary change in a sane time frame.

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Inb4 it’s the only change come in the January patch

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Anyway, thief or everything is that broken in my opinion that 1k more healing won’t really solve anything.

1k?? ONE THOUSAND???

Keep dreaming mate, it’s only +434 base healing, it’ll still heal less than 5k overall.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Anyway, thief or everything is that broken in my opinion that 1k more healing won’t really solve anything.

1k?? ONE THOUSAND???

Keep dreaming mate, it’s only +434 base healing, it’ll still heal less than 5k overall.

Ok 10% – I knew it was something with 1… :P

in Thief

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

While also not a fan of anything about how this has been handled, I’ll agree with the ‘Thanks for finally saying something’ sentiment.

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

Thief: Fixed a typo in the balance patch last june “The cooldown of ‘Withdraw’ is now increased by 20%”

Fixed that for you

I bet they buff this skill like they buffed signet of agility. Just change the tooltip- done

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

also, remember that it was only said that they’d address it. we have no guarantee that we’ll see the increase as stated – only that it’ll be “addressed”

in Thief

Posted by: moje.1863

moje.1863

But yeah it’s not even so much about the relatively minor boost to healing, it’s the fact that anet is unable or unwilling to make a simple and necessary change in a sane time frame.

Exactly. That’s what this whole Withdraw thing is about for me. For the sake of profit (or not) we get from it, as you already pointed out that it is a minor issue in the whole picture, i still cannot understand people who are saying things like “get over it”.

It is the best example for anet and their thief policy. And that is kittening cringe worthy.

in Thief

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

That’s dandy and all but… why on reddit? Hell, this is the official forum!

in Thief

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

And it’s on reddit, as usual.

They should just close this forum and put official on the reddit instead.

So true. This reddit garbage has happened to so many online games in the past few years. Why even bother maintaining official forums?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

That’s dandy and all but… why on reddit? Hell, this is the official forum!

Because what you read in reddit is not official, thus it shouldn’t be believed.

Josh never specifically mention Withdraw’s missing 10% rather he commented that they’re going to have a balance update where this issue may or may not even be implemented. What exactly “addressing” means? It could very well mean, “yes we acknowledge that Withdraw has issue, but we’re not doing anything about it at this time, there we addressed it.”

EDIT: It’s very different than, “we’re taking the necessary actions in making sure that Withdraw gets the 10% as announced back in June”

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

(edited by Sir Vincent III.1286)

in Thief

James Quall.6029

Josh never specifically mention Withdraw’s missing 10% rather he commented that they’re going to have a balance update where this issue may or may not even be implemented. What exactly “addressing” means? It could very well mean, “yes we acknowledge that Withdraw has issue, but we’re not doing anything about it at this time, there we addressed it.”

My best guess as to why such vague language was used is because instead of tweaking the healing power they’re going to give it a significant rework.

Not sure why that means in the interim they can’t just give it the healing increase they promised, but then again this is also just a guess.

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Just watch them make Withdraw obsolete just so Channeled Vigor becomes the best option and it’s just a marketing idea to sell more HoT copies.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure