Would this be considered a second exodus?

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I understand that it might not be as bad as the one that happened almost a year ago, but are thieves really going to be dropping the profession as much as they did then?

I know I still find some enjoyment on the thief but it doesn’t feel like the same thief I started with over 6 months ago. However, my friends who were previously thief mains are either already on a different profession wrecking face or slowly inching towards another profession every patch. And I will probably follow suit in a few patches myself.

After everything I have read on the forums, I’ve seriously come to the conclusion that Arenanet either doesn’t know what they are doing with this class or they have their reasons to do these things, which are more than likely bad ones. Regardless…

If this is another exodus, surely it won’t be the last one. I know Arenanet might see the numbers drop and try to bring some of the populous back to the profession with some real buffs. Hell they might even not test the waters at that point and start thinking about listening to us.

Would another update of the same quality and antics be “December 10th, 2013 Redux”?

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

This time I don’t even think people will shelf their thieves, they will simply leave the game. ANet talked about this patch bringing lots of interesting stuff to PvP and WvW. We got commander tags with colors, golem mastery and standardized models for teamq. So. Game. Breaking. Omfg.

I for one are seriously starting to doubt that we will ever see any communication between devs and players. A lot of players are giving good and constructive feedback that the devs seem to just ignore. It feels like they live I a bubble with unicorns and rainbows where terms like “everything is working as intended” and “we are working on it” are well used. Their whack-a-mole balancing and all these hard counters just make this game very boring and takes the skill level down.

I heard Wildstar had transparent devs and a good community. Guess I’ll give that a chance… Very sad, because this game has so much potentional. Just too bad the devs won’t listen to their players.

So my prediction is that we will see a mass exodus from the game, not the profession.

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: lazycalm.5186

lazycalm.5186

Same here. I stopped playing the game about a month ago when I saw what they were going to do to thieves. After 2+ years, this game is even worse than it was. I really do not understand this game’s devs, honestly.

This last balance is beyond ridiculous. I’d say I’ll come back someday but I don’t trust Anet anymore

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I stopped caring around the Dec 10th patch when they 100% completely ignored top players contstructive feedback about the IS change, and ignored everyone’s feedback on how awful Hard to Catch would be. Let’s not forget the bald-faced lie concerning the reason for the IS change too – because players were spending 5 init and steal/Inf sig to safe stomp, which made it OP….HA.

The real kicker was when Assassins Reward’s “35% healing power buff” worked out to be an additional 1HP per init spent per ONE HUNDRED healing power – that was sure worth being bumped up a tier.

You’ve already paid for the game though, so do what I Do – don’t ever give them a single red cent of real money again. If they show they can be trusted, I’ll reconsider my stance on spending real money in the gem store – they’ll learn or they’ll fail, its up to them.

@Geiir.7603 – Wildstar’s PvP is….. Spammy. I mean, try it yourself, but it’s nothing like this – what’s most infuriating is what a well designed base this game has, and how inexorably covered in complete kitten it’s become.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

Eww. I’ve not been here long enough to actually understand the thief forum’s feelings about all of the nerfs. I only hear the stories. But apparently it has become a snowball effect. Hopefully Anet can catch it before it gets too big. :S

It really sucks.

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I had hopes (silly me I know) this patch would be good for PvP, bringing build diversity and with it excitement and renewed interest in the game.
What it did (for me) was push me into Archage.

To those of you that will play this meta for another 8 month, I’m sorry for you. ill be back when the game becomes playable again. See you then!

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Thief is still playable but its never been it a worse spot than it is right now.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

I guess I’m lucky, I’ve only been playing dungeons to get exotic sets, and aside from the BP nerf, it’s been good for me (I use D/D and S/P with Invigorating Precision).

Guess I’ll be waiting longer to try out WvW/PvP. Or maybe use my mes.

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

This time I don’t even think people will shelf their thieves, they will simply leave the game. ANet talked about this patch bringing lots of interesting stuff to PvP and WvW. We got commander tags with colors, golem mastery and standardized models for teamq. So. Game. Breaking. Omfg.

I for one are seriously starting to doubt that we will ever see any communication between devs and players. A lot of players are giving good and constructive feedback that the devs seem to just ignore. It feels like they live I a bubble with unicorns and rainbows where terms like “everything is working as intended” and “we are working on it” are well used. Their whack-a-mole balancing and all these hard counters just make this game very boring and takes the skill level down.

I heard Wildstar had transparent devs and a good community. Guess I’ll give that a chance… Very sad, because this game has so much potentional. Just too bad the devs won’t listen to their players.

So my prediction is that we will see a mass exodus from the game, not the profession.

lol i am going to steal that "wack-a-mole balancing…. but it is soooooo true …
but u do realize guild wars and wildstar are basically the same company :S

(edited by caveman.5840)

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

My friend wants everyone to know how he feels but he can’t precisely post on the forums so he asked me to do it for him. I figured that this thread would be appropriate since the subject that he talks about is relevant to the thread’s topic. Here is the transcript and photo he sent to me to post.

>"Hey guys!
>It really sucks that Anet is still trying to covertly nerf thieves but staying on one is only going to extend your suffering.
>If you really want to show Anet your real feelings, you would do well to either shelve or delete your thief.
>They judge the health of the profession through numbers and I am fairly sure that was the purpose of the update following Dec 10th last year… to get those numbers back.
>That was the first time Anet actually took ideas from us! I remember talking to Trav about on-revealed traits to get the ball rolling.
>But after a while I found that I was rolling a ball into a hole. :I Arenanet started becoming crafty with their updates while continuing the nerfs.
>If Anet can’t get the hint on the forums, then give them the hint on paper. Stay off the thief until Anet is ready to man up and sit down with the thief community to get it to where it should be.
>Warn incoming newbies what they will face if they decide to main it and be sure they know the thief’s history.
> Anyways, I miss you guys.
> Bauccus, out!

Well there you go. I guess ill put my thief aside for the time being aswell. It does seem to be the way everyone is describing it. Like most of the buffs thief is getting just doesn’t feel like it justifies the coupled nerfs. The thief is a hard class to use properly compared to other professions and the amount of hate it gets is daunting.

Attachments:

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Thief is still my favorite class. I will still play it. I will still play it more then any other class.

What will happen is if I start playing thief less, I will start playing the game less overall.

As to taking a break and coming back in ten months as some will do. What happens with me and what has happened with such games in the past is if I take that long a break I rarely come back.

For now I will try to stick it out.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I lost 2 full guilds to other games since December last year, most of my current guild is playing Archage right now and the rest will join them on the 16th.
Difference this time is that I will not be looking for another guild. I will join them in AA on the 16th and if I like it, ill never come back.

GL to all you suborn thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: AyuReady.3952

AyuReady.3952

I hate the current thief.

daed gaem daed