Would this build be viable?

in Thief

Posted by: Pucko.8675

Pucko.8675

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#MckzzzMzMnoMoMnoMo0xa0xzoqVVMq

Crit/Condition Dmg/Initiative regen focus.

in Thief

Posted by: shingui.4197

shingui.4197

Kind of an odd combo since, as far as i know, conditions themselves cannot crit, so a crit/condition build is a weird amalgamation.
You’d be better off trying for a crit/stealth build of some kind, or a full condition build by mostly by putting those 30 points in critical strikes, into deadly arts, and then spam LDB until your fingers go numb.

in Thief

Posted by: Pucko.8675

Pucko.8675

I know it’s odd.
But I like the dual daggers. And thus I want to get full dps out of using them. And since dual daggers have both crit (BS, HS) and condition (DB) dmg, I’d like to max those traits out. Going for a few points in Shadow Arts to try to max out what ever surviviabillity I can get out of the last 10 points.

I just don’t want to get stuck spamming the same attack over and over again, and then stand around waiting for initiative to recharge.
Seems though, like all the current builds are amied towards just that. Either spam PW, BS/HS or DB.

But perhaps i’m just not doing it right. :P

The crit in this build would be for the backstabbing and heart seeking. And the condition for the death blossom and poison. That way I have maxed out my dps stats, trait-wise.

I don’t know.
Perhaps I’ll just try it out to see what it feels like, and see if I get roflstomped by mobs or not. :P

Thanks for the input though!

in Thief

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

There was actually a nice thread on the GW2 Guru forums in the Warrior section which talked about a similar situation. Their S/S build is a condition build in ways that are similar to Thief D/D. The result of this thread was actually a nice explaination about why Precision / Condition damage was a good chioce for the low to mid levels (beyond general gear availability). I think this reasoning also continued into the end game scene. Unfortunately I didn’t pay much attention to the thread since I’m not a big fan of dot builds. However I did just want to share that Precision / Condition Damage isn’t as rare as some people might think.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

in Thief

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

This would be a glass cannon wouldn’t it? If you’re going to be a melee fighter you need to keep yourself alive.

User will be infracted for this post.