WvW D/D crit thief

WvW D/D crit thief

in Thief

Posted by: FrozenFlame.5163

FrozenFlame.5163

Hey guys,

I posted this on the players helping players forum aswell but they said this was the place to ask thief questions.

I’m looking for a legit WvW d/d thief build that lets you burst most people in a couple of seconds, i’m talking 10k crits.
I’ve seen people do it even after the 15th of april crit damage nerf.

I tried my best but the highest crit i had was 8000 on a up leveled ele

Atm i’m using full exotic zerker gear with some vitality on my trinkets my traits are 0/6/6/2/0

Let me know if you’d like my exact build.

Thanks in advance!

WvW D/D crit thief

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Hello.

First;

1. Exactly what traits are you using?

2. What armor do you have equipped? (with runes)

3. What kind of sigils you have on your weapons?

4. Do you use any consumables (food)?

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

WvW D/D crit thief

in Thief

FrozenFlame.5163

st;
1. Exactly what traits are you using? Precision to vitality, move faster in stealth, executioner, stealth blinds, regen health in stealth, smoke bomb if i reach certain health point and swiftness when i dodge.
2. What armor do you have equipped? (with runes) full berserker’s with 6 superior scholar runes.
3. What kind of sigils you have on your weapons? Superior air and fire.
4. Do you use any consumables (food)? No i dont.

WvW D/D crit thief

in Thief

mompen.7952

1. Maybe change out executioner for hidden killer? for dat backstaph 100% crit chance.

2. I think that scholar is a good rune set when your health is above 90% (?), but that isn’t a reliable source of dmg (maybe as an opener), but most of the time you will most certainly be under 90% health. There are other runesets that would be better IMO.
3. Sigils: nice! After the update these trigger alot more frequently. Good.
4. Okay. It would also boost your precision having some food on ya. I guess it’s personal preference, but IMO, you miss out on some nice dmg. And ppl in WvW use whatever they can use to gain an advantage, and you come short here if not using what is available for you (again, IMO).

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

WvW D/D crit thief

in Thief

FrozenFlame.5163

So what runes do you reccommend? Traveler? or strength maybe?

WvW D/D crit thief

in Thief

mompen.7952

Traveler is nice for the 25% movement speed bonus, but in the current meta, I don’t think it dishes out enough dmg, unfortunately. I still have mine somewhere tho, if I feel like using it again. Miss the speed bonus :/
Strenght is good (what I run atm), but the price is very high! If that’s no issue, I would choose that rune set. And maybe set up your build around might stacking.

You already gain 2 might whenever you enter stealth, (what adept acro trait you got?) and choose power of inertia for 2 might stacks when you dodge.
In critical strikes you also have Signets of power, which gives you 5 stacks of might while using a signet (Infiltrator’s Signet, also a stun breaker).

Cloak & dagger: 2 stacks of might, dodge maybe, 1 more stack, infiltrator’s signet to target while in stealth (won’t break stealth) then you got 5 more stacks, and upon backstab you got easy 8 stacks, and it will increase further as the fight goes on.

You can also build more in trickery for bountiful theft, and steal 20 stacks of might from a warrior :P

WvW D/D crit thief

in Thief

FrozenFlame.5163

So do you crit over 10k with the might build?

WvW D/D crit thief

in Thief

mompen.7952

Depends on the toughness on your target. High toughness and heavy armor: around 5-6k (maybe 7k if lucky and plenty of stacks) and squishy targets with little to no toughness you can achieve those numbers, yes. I use Valk armor, but if you like to live dangerous, you can go HAM zerker everything. In the current condition meta DUCK, you would do nice with some vitality tho.

WvW D/D crit thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

I went 5/6/3/0/0 with zerk gear (traveler runes) for a while but it is super risky. Fun though. I ran D/D with Sigil of Force and Fire, and an offhand pistol with Bloodlust to get the 25 stacks. I also have guard stacks from WvW abilities.

CnD+Steal+Mug +backstab combo is pretty good especially if sigil of fire procs.

WvW D/D crit thief

in Thief

Posted by: Lygon.4896

Lygon.4896

If u don’t care about survivability and just want big numbers go: 6/6/0/0/2

The key here is in the power line the GM trait revealed training. Pair that with mug and when u stealth press back stab then steal up, mug will proc revealed giving you 200 more power for your backstab .

Scholar runes will let u see big numbers at the start but DPS drops as soon as u take damage. Try strength runes. Full zerker. Otherwise use valk/zerker/cavalier mix.

Works best with d/p since u can stealth on demand without using a port to guarantee it. I haven’t tried this in wvw since I don’t like d/p but in spvp I was able to hit 10k+ on medium armor classes.

(edited by Lygon.4896)