WvW: Lots of 1v2's, a few 1v3's and a 1v5.

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

and when i say thief is still OP no one believes me ~!

in Thief

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Well, half of his opponents were just bad and he’s a pretty good thief. Honestly any decent player on another class could’ve killed them most likely.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

You should have let that warrior go around 8 min… I felt really bad for him haha! I thought you played really well. If I can offer some constructive criticism I think you were too quick to move into heartseakers. A few more autoattacks when they’re ~40% health may have served you better.

That being said, I play 10/30/0/0/30 in spvp and I love it. I haven’t found that it scales to wvw as well so I’ll give you props for making it work for you! Have you tried 0/30/20/20/0 or 0/30/30/10/0?

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in Thief

Posted by: DrYamak.9364

DrYamak.9364

He is a very good thief.

in Thief

Posted by: shadowraith.9124

shadowraith.9124

Edit: OP was naughty in the matchup forums. Disapprove.

(edited by shadowraith.9124)

in Thief

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Thieves are the only profession that really give me a headache in a 1 vs 1 setting (I’m an Engi). But anyone who runs around with only 14.9k in WvW deserves respect.

in Thief

Resouled.5614

Thieves are the only profession that really give me a headache in a 1 vs 1 setting (I’m an Engi). But anyone who runs around with only 14.9k in WvW deserves respect.

Really? I main engi and have no problem with any thief in a 1v1. Condi specced engineer will kill thieves really quick. Along with P/S, bombs, toolkit and the right traits you apply so many conditions that they’ll never outcleanse your damage. Thieves are so easy to predict even just circling keeping your back from where the thief stealthed and counting for stealth duration makes it really easy to counter a thief. Only thing that can screw you up is a good P/D thief but they rely om CnD so kiting and dodging them at the right time will screw them up big time. + blinds are great.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

decent footage. although the topic threw me off… 1 v x is basically 1 v 4 or more. only 1 v 2 i saw in there……still decent footage tho. nice job.

in Thief

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

All that footage of last matchup and you left out the parts where Torrid beat you?

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Thief

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

All that footage of last matchup and you left out the parts where Torrid beat you?

What’s the purpose of recording loses?…

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Thief

Reikou.7068

What’s the purpose of recording loses?…

I’m not too sure myself. I would have liked to fight him 1v1, but it was kind of difficult given that the Torrid person was never really by himself.

You should have let that warrior go around 8 min… I felt really bad for him haha! I thought you played really well. If I can offer some constructive criticism I think you were too quick to move into heartseakers. A few more autoattacks when they’re ~40% health may have served you better.

That being said, I play 10/30/0/0/30 in spvp and I love it. I haven’t found that it scales to wvw as well so I’ll give you props for making it work for you! Have you tried 0/30/20/20/0 or 0/30/30/10/0?

Thanks for the feedback. I personally do not very much enjoy 30 shadowarts builds in WvW as I find that they’re incredibly boring to both play with and play against. Its a great attrition build, but I really don’t think attrition builds have a place in WvW. Not to mention it would be incredibly boring to watch as well.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko

(edited by Reikou.7068)

in Thief

Posted by: shadowraith.9124

shadowraith.9124

That’s a really bitter comment.

What is it about online forums that turns people into such vile cretins?

in Thief

Posted by: Inoence.6907

Inoence.6907

It was ok, nothing new…
Stopped watching when you were spamming HS on an invulnerable foe… facepalm

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

It was ok, nothing new…
Stopped watching when you were spamming HS on an invulnerable foefacepalm

HS spam…the final frontier

in Thief

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Don’t think theres a more controversial skill in the entire game lol…

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Thief

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

I’m a vile cretin? Maybe a bit of a troll, sure, but there are far worse on this forum. Just say something like “stealth/backstab is OP, takes little skill and should be changed” and there will be an army on this forum with loaded guns and empty minds ready to go to war over it.

But here is some background: The OP filmed this during the last 2 weeks of matchups. During this same time, the OP (who is from my server), basically told what were otherwise really respectful opponents that they were the lowest skilled players he had ever come across. Then when they offered to duel him, he spent the rest of the matchup thread avoiding the challenge and STILL bad mouthing them. Many of his posts have been deleted, but people were kind enough to quote him. You can read it here if you care too:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/7-19-SBI-Kaineng-DH-Part-II/first

So after the matchup he goes and makes a video of how great he thinks he is, then half of his video is against longbow rangers, staff eles, uplevels and bads… I think a little sass is warranted. It’s also really interesting to see how this guy, who was widely hated in Aion for his negative attitude, went from being one of the best pvp’ers in a game where gear is everything to being just a slightly above average backstab thief in a game where gear is equalized.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Thief

Travlane.5948

decent vid. would prefer to see the stomps tho. +1

in Thief

Travlane.5948

i actually agree with the comment. or atleast put in longer videos…not 20 sec clips of spectacular moments…. we all have those and the more time it takes you to make a video the more moments you have. i PERSONALLY find it more enjoyable to see howt he build / thief works in reality. not just .01% of the time. this comment isnt a dig…i just prefer longer clips so its hows the real thief/build not just a few sparkling moments.

in Thief

Reikou.7068

i actually agree with the comment. or atleast put in longer videos…not 20 sec clips of spectacular moments…. we all have those and the more time it takes you to make a video the more moments you have. i PERSONALLY find it more enjoyable to see howt he build / thief works in reality. not just .01% of the time. this comment isnt a dig…i just prefer longer clips so its hows the real thief/build not just a few sparkling moments.

Then you are welcome to come watch my stream.

in Thief

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Really? I main engi and have no problem with any thief in a 1v1. Condi specced engineer will kill thieves really quick. Along with P/S, bombs, toolkit and the right traits you apply so many conditions that they’ll never outcleanse your damage. Thieves are so easy to predict even just circling keeping your back from where the thief stealthed and counting for stealth duration makes it really easy to counter a thief. Only thing that can screw you up is a good P/D thief but they rely om CnD so kiting and dodging them at the right time will screw them up big time. + blinds are great.

The only reason you don’t have trouble is because you are such a kitten stud! I bow to your greatness, oh great one.

in Thief

Resouled.5614

The only reason you don’t have trouble is because you are such a kitten stud! I bow to your greatness, oh great one.

I did not post to say I’m a great engineer or w/e I posted to help you out. So thanks for your sarcastic compliments. I’ll think abput you next time I help someone out.