WvW Trap and 30Sec of OH-MY!

in Thief

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Ok I don’t really mind this at all, I don’t play the favored spec anyway so I don’t use stealth all day long like many.

My problem is this
People are greatly, greatly going to abuse this if something has not been put in place to:

- Not allow traps to be placed/stacked next to each other endlessly
Not allowed to place the same trap next to one already placed on the ground of the same type. Same type of traps must be X amount of yards/meters from the same type of trap already placed down within the same area.

My build I don’t rely on stealth to take down my enemy, so for me I don’t see the new Trap a problem, I just see where it is going to be abused by players. Hopefully the developers have already implemented this type of scenario in their creation process of this new ability in WvW.

“noob that doesn’t use stealth?” (yet I’m sticking up for the stealth spammers, ok?)

I rely on SR’ing on my enemies as that is my survival. However the ability has been bugged since BETA. I have placed in countless tickets and emails in hopes of getting it fixed. As of right now it is exploitable — but you can’t avoid exploiting it because it is in fact so horribly bugged (basically it will allow you to SR 2 times in a row to a target and the player never intends to do that, it just happens when used with another ability that you can’t avoid doing). I have tried and tried and tried to get this fixed, but it has fallen on deaf ears

Stealth PVP in this game has a big flaw
Personally the D/D CaD ability is what needs toned down greatly in PVP/WvW to help alleviate the mass stealthing within the game (and not allow it to be used on mobs within WvW, but only players to force those to be more tactical with its usage)

I think stealth in GW2 is by far better than a rogues ability in ‘that other game’ because I can use it in-combat over and over, when availabe. I can’t perma stealth by any means, but I can easily get out of trouble using it. The problem with CaD is it is spammable with Int. — and shouldn’t be. It should in fact have a CD of some sort or a DR attached to the ability to prevent people for over abusing it.

I don’t know, game is new. From day one I tried D/D and D/P and said “I don’t see a challenge, what else is there . . .” and tried several other setups. When I saw how fast D/D setups were killing players that pushed me further away from D/D simply because “some day that’s going to get nerfed, I’m not relying on that day!”

Still, stealth in this game is going to be honed in on by the developers. The real question is “when will it finally make them and us happy together”?

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

no cnd on mobs? you are taking away from what a thief does….uses his environment to be sneaky and tactical …..jump in and jump out. strike and dissapear. none of which works well in zerg fighting….hence why thieves stay on the outside. all of our defense is revovled around stealth. if we had more HP i think i could live with no stealth……like if our base HP was up with warriors and we had the same defense.

right now we have the worst overal defense worst boons no blocks no invulnerability and tied for worst hp pool. this is why we have stealth. unless you change most of those…..u cant take stealth away. i would prefer tied for highest hp….average game defense and regular boon access and blocks and invul……in expchange for stealth….u know since mesmers outdmg us and warriors are on par.

in Thief

Crawford.4135

no cnd on mobs? you are taking away from what a thief does….uses his environment to be sneaky and tactical …..jump in and jump out. strike and dissapear. none of which works well in zerg fighting….hence why thieves stay on the outside. all of our defense is revovled around stealth. if we had more HP i think i could live with no stealth……like if our base HP was up with warriors and we had the same defense.

right now we have the worst overal defense worst boons no blocks no invulnerability and tied for worst hp pool. this is why we have stealth. unless you change most of those…..u cant take stealth away. i would prefer tied for highest hp….average game defense and regular boon access and blocks and invul……in expchange for stealth….u know since mesmers outdmg us and warriors are on par.

In PVE we have ‘the’ worst defense, but in PVP I have to disagree. Thieves are not about toe-to-toe by any means. I, however, go into massive groups on my server and take out players over and over by teleporting in and out. I get touched, but I get out before dying. Sometimes the enemy gets lucky if they ‘all’ focus me, but that is very rare.

“right now we have the worst overal defense worst boons no blocks no invulnerability and tied for worst hp pool. "

This is very, very untrue. We do not need blocks, we do not need invulnerability and we do not need massive HP. I’m not sure what setup you’re playing, (assuming you’re D/D since you mentioned you might be using CaD?) so I can’t answer you directly, but what you’re saying is not how a thief in this game works . . . . by any means. We are “go in, kill, escape” artists. We are a tactical fighter, not a bludgeoned fighter like most of the classes in this game.

However
I do see a very, very huge nerf coming to my setup soon. A bunch of players watched me teleport behind a group of 30 people over and over as they tried to kill me. I simply toyed with them the entire time without using stealth one single moment for about 15min. They pulled me in, I teleported out. I made them chase me down, I teleported behind them. Over and over they were unable to touch me, hardly, and I walked away.

At some point ArenaNet is going to say “Enough” and nerf SR horrible. When that day comes, I will be done with the game (it’s bad enough it has massive bugs in mass fights). I don’t need stealth to be tactical against who I am fighting. I choose when I want to hit them without needing stealth. I choose when I will start and end the fight. If things get bad, I get out and go back in when I am ready, not them.

SR is probably one of the most under used abilities in this game, yet ‘the’ most single best ability any class could have. I’m glad we have it — I just don’t know for how long.

(edited by Crawford.4135)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

In PVE we have ‘the’ worst defense, but in PVP I have to disagree. Thieves are not about toe-to-toe by any means. I, however, go into massive groups on my server and take out players over and over by teleporting in and out. I get touched, but I get out before dying. Sometimes the enemy gets lucky if they ‘all’ focus me, but that is very rare.

“right now we have the worst overal defense worst boons no blocks no invulnerability and tied for worst hp pool. "

This is very, very untrue. We do not need blocks, we do not need invulnerability and we do not need massive HP. I’m not sure what setup you’re playing, (assuming you’re D/D since you mentioned you might be using CaD?) so I can’t answer you directly, but what you’re saying is not how a thief in this game works . . . . by any means. We are “go in, kill, escape” artists. We are a tactical fighter, not a bludgeoned fighter like most of the classes in this game.

how is that not true? u did nothing to disprove it lol…. i mean they are pretty well known facts. we have horrible overall defense ….10.8k starting hp…. only have decent access to fury might and kinda swiftness. no aegis no protection barely any regen no retaliation no stability (yes i know DS but its during skill only so its more than limited)… our toughness is also game low starting pool.

i can run p/d bleed build that runs 22k hp with full focus on condi/hp and that can get in and do some dmg ….but as far as d/d d/p s/d s/p you cant really get in there and mix it up like a warrior/guardian/ranger/ele/necro… not for more than a moment….. well maybe ur zergs are smaller on yoru server ? idk….ours go way up to 130 140ish and just gets ugly.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

However
I do see a very, very huge nerf coming to my setup soon. A bunch of players watched me teleport behind a group of 30 people over and over as they tried to kill me. I simply toyed with them the entire time without using stealth one single moment for about 15min. They pulled me in, I teleported out. I made them chase me down, I teleported behind them. Over and over they were unable to touch me, hardly, and I walked away.

At some point ArenaNet is going to say “Enough” and nerf SR horrible. When that day comes, I will be done with the game (it’s bad enough it has massive bugs in mass fights). I don’t need stealth to be tactical against who I am fighting. I choose when I want to hit them without needing stealth. I choose when I will start and end the fight. If things get bad, I get out and go back in when I am ready, not them.

SR is probably one of the most under used abilities in this game, yet ‘the’ most single best ability any class could have. I’m glad we have it — I just don’t know for how long.

if ur talkin trolling anyone can set up an evade troll build…..unless ur picking on upscales it doesnt have the go go to do anything agsint 20 people…. would have to back bold accusations with a video which is very easy to make.

in Thief

Crawford.4135

However

if ur talkin trolling anyone can set up an evade troll build…..unless ur picking on upscales it doesnt have the go go to do anything agsint 20 people…. would have to back bold accusations with a video which is very easy to make.

I am simply done talking with you at this point. You have clearly demonstrated your lack of understanding of this class and are looking for an argument that I do not care to have with you that will lead to a lonely path.

Please know that SR is “Shadow Return” and has nothing to do with Evade ability.

Please have a good and wonderful day, and good luck with your endeavors.

in Thief

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

SR is widely accepted as shadow refuge, not shadow return ;p

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

SR is more commonly known as shadow refuge. ….shadow return is said shadow return as to not double up on acronyms. :P its ok tho. best of luck to you too. and no i dont look for arguments. i have nothing against your build…..but sorry s/d porting all around vs 30 people has no real heals on it. you would die or they are blind / bad. no video i assume? if u wanna debate/contribute plz try use examples….stats…facts…..suggestions. generally stories are hard to confirm without video. i mean “my build is prolly gonna get nerfed soon as i had a bunch of people watch me in aw beat up on 30 people” :P…..thats called well….let the forum decide :p

in Thief

Travlane.5948

SR is widely accepted as shadow refuge, not shadow return ;p

lol u beat me to it…mine return was longer. hes pro tho. GOOD LUCK TO U SIR lol

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Just remove the thief class from wvw.

It’s what everyone wants anyways.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Your logic is by far, the worst so far…

1- A thief that takes advantage of the surroundings is a smart thief, not everyone is capable of doing that. Just like a Mesmer can prepare a portal behind a rock, jump into a fight, throw in all his clones, then teleport back behind the rock while the opponents busy fighting the clones…. Then jumps back in, or Elementals pushing enemies into a bottleneck to AOE them effectively, or Necromancer using surroundings to teleport away… and so on…

2- Other games provide “rogues” with permanent stealth, with one or two skills that can push you back into stealth during a fight. However, these same games also provide good burst/stuns that would cause someone to get totally overwhelmed in few seconds. In GW2 you got a maximum of what? 11 seconds (shadows refuge)? to either position yourself or run away.

3- Toning down stealth even more will make playing a thief even less fun. Out of stealth, you are technically less effective than every other class out there. Remember, we aren’t only talking about WvW here, one thing will affect every other aspect of the game. So think before you post.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…