in Thief

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

enthusiastic noob

WvW build after 23/6

in Thief

Nimrud.5642

If some1 does not get an answer for this long to his/her question it can possibly mean two things:

1. The question is monkey-poop stupid/the answer is too obvious for anyone to take the effort to type it here.

2. No1 knows the answer.

So?

enthusiastic noob

WvW build after 23/6

in Thief

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

What are you trying to do in WvW? zerg, small group. solo roam?

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

WvW build after 23/6

in Thief

Nimrud.5642

Roaming exclusively.

enthusiastic noob

WvW build after 23/6

in Thief

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

Mug and Hidden Thief dont work together you will get insta revealed, also I dropped SR for Black powder as you can actually stealth and move around instead of putting a giant “AOE ME HERE” the SR gives you. Everything else on your DA build looks pretty normal.

The CS build you posted is pretty standard for roaming at this point as well,

I wouldnt go full zerk though.. you get stuck youre going to get 1 shotted, as for Power you dont need that much anymore since raw damage is now increased precision is more important for landing those big hits.

Ive been running http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=Vh;4RwkZ06-V-Fd0;9;4IJK;0148237257;4IFl0;2t_MTt_MTm-F9Ir-6;2VOVlWqXv21475230C-2H;9;9;9;9;9;9;0V8-6s

It gives you some health so you can take a hit, also black powder is now deception so the cooldown is a nice bonus + healing in stealth + condi removal + mobility.

Leeching venoms works on Basilisk venoms stealing health letting you pressure even harder after you land your backstab.

Precision food for reasons i stated above. you can also flip this around easily pending on what you 1v1

my build is still very much a work in progress but it is holding up nicely.

Crystal Desert

(edited by ades.1386)

WvW build after 23/6

in Thief

Nimrud.5642

Mug and Hidden Thief dont work together you will get insta revealed, also I dropped SR for Black powder as you can actually stealth and move around instead of putting a giant “AOE ME HERE” the SR gives you. Everything else on your DA build looks pretty normal.

The CS build you posted is pretty standard for roaming at this point as well,

I wouldnt go full zerk though.. you get stuck youre going to get 1 shotted, as for Power you dont need that much anymore since raw damage is now increased precision is more important for landing those big hits.

Ive been running http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=Vh;4RwkZ06-V-Fd0;9;4IJK;0148237257;4IFl0;2t_MTt_MTm-F9Ir-6;2VOVlWqXv21475230C-2H;9;9;9;9;9;9;0V8-6s

It gives you some health so you can take a hit, also black powder is now deception so the cooldown is a nice bonus + healing in stealth + condi removal + mobility.

Leeching venoms works on Basilisk venoms stealing health letting you pressure even harder after you land your backstab.

Precision food for reasons i stated above. you can also flip this around easily pending on what you 1v1

my build is still very much a work in progress but it is holding up nicely.

This is totally enough to get me started. I can work out the details on my own now, ty. It’s been really helpful.

enthusiastic noob

WvW build after 23/6

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

To counter point what Ades has suggested, here is my current wvw roaming build.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=Vh;4Rw-_06-JOFd0;9;4IJM;0148146237;4LBW4U;1t_MTt_MTm-F9Ir-6;2VOVTWYXcYi3o4230CN-5;9;9;9;9;9;9;1E-6v

While its a matter of personal playstyle, I firmly believe that SA simply isn’t worth the loss in damage at this point. With the sheer amount of damage going around currently the difference between SA and none SA is negligible. Instead of relying on the passive defenses of SA, its better to make a build that uses counter-pressure and extra evades through signet of agility to actively defend against the opponents.

As far as the SR removal posted above, it is more a debate about what you’re doing. If you’re solo roaming SR really isn’t needed so much as when you’re roaming in a small man. The amount of times that tossing an SR on a down and then using it to quickly get the rez (even if its really the rest of the group who are tanky going for the rez) is simply too high for me to not take it when I’m small man roaming.

Instead of the food used by Ades, I use omnomberry ghost. The lifesteal is very nice and still gives you precision while being very cheap for its effects (45min for 9s).

Of course tweak the build as you desire, could probably go more valk without losing any real damage since my current iteration has 75% crit chance (since it has perma fury in fights).

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

WvW build after 23/6

in Thief

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

To counter point what Ades has suggested, here is my current wvw roaming build.

http://www.intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=Vh;4Rw-_06-JOFd0;9;4IJM;0148146237;4LBW4U;1t_MTt_MTm-F9Ir-6;2VOVTWYXcYi3o4230CN-5;9;9;9;9;9;9;1E-6v

While its a matter of personal playstyle, I firmly believe that SA simply isn’t worth the loss in damage at this point. With the sheer amount of damage going around currently the difference between SA and none SA is negligible. Instead of relying on the passive defenses of SA, its better to make a build that uses counter-pressure and extra evades through signet of agility to actively defend against the opponents.

As far as the SR removal posted above, it is more a debate about what you’re doing. If you’re solo roaming SR really isn’t needed so much as when you’re roaming in a small man. The amount of times that tossing an SR on a down and then using it to quickly get the rez (even if its really the rest of the group who are tanky going for the rez) is simply too high for me to not take it when I’m small man roaming.

Instead of the food used by Ades, I use omnomberry ghost. The lifesteal is very nice and still gives you precision while being very cheap for its effects (45min for 9s).

Of course tweak the build as you desire, could probably go more valk without losing any real damage since my current iteration has 75% crit chance (since it has perma fury in fights).

Lol I use that same one i use for my PvE build
havent tried it WvW yet it looks pretty fun ty Helly!

Crystal Desert