Xmas wish list of fixes

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Try to be realistic and hold the sarcasm for a few pages please.

I’ll start with asking for. 1200 range p/p and SB auto attack, and fixing Last Refuge.

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

I would like to be able to fully utilize the trait improv w/o relying on another class in pvp.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: AsiraasiB.7165

AsiraasiB.7165

more access to boons or condis
fix #5 sb with dodge
LR fix
rework pistols
… ah bleep it, rework thief

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Remove IS/SR cooldown. decrease initiative cost of infiltrators strike to 2 increase initiative cost of return to 4. (from 5 initiative total to 6)
(this would make it harder to use for stomp, but keep the synergy of Sword 2)

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Rework Hard To Catch. No longer teleports you. Clears the stun. Gives Stability 5 seconds and Vigor 5 seconds. Internal Cool Down 30 seconds. Moved to grandmaster tier.

Vipassana

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

I want them to remove the cast time on Infiltrator’s Return and find another way to prevent it from being spammed (see Highlie’s post as an example).

I want them to increase the number of boons stolen by Larcenous Strike to 2 if you hit the enemy from behind.

I want them to either lower the cooldown on Lotus Poison or increase the duration of the Weakness.

I want thief traits like Dagger Training, Combined Training, Pistol Mastery, Power Shots, and Flanking Strikes to be made more interesting than a simple 5-10% damage boost.

I want them to add more conditions to traps so they actually let you do something even if they aren’t triggered. This would make them more viable in a setting like PvP where your enemies aren’t as smart as a sack of bricks.

I want them to rework Potent Poison because increasing the duration of a condition that already stacks in duration and can be tossed out like candy is pointless.

I want them to make Last Refuge into a Major trait and swap it out for either Infusion of Shadow or Cloaked in Shadows.

I want them to change Last Refuge to trigger on your next attack so that it can’t trigger while you are about to hit someone, which would reveal and kill you and happens more often than you’d think.

I want them to change Assassin’s Reward to have an additional component so that becomes worthy of being a Grandmaster trait. Make it heal allies as well as you or something.

I want them to make Pain Response only go on cooldown if it removes a condition, so it can’t be rendered useless by direct damage.

I want to be able to see the cooldown left on traits like Pain Response, Last Refuge, Panic Strikes, Furious Retaliation, etc and when they are active.

I want them to rework Hard to Catch to make Steal a stunbreaker. It’s a shadowstep on a minimum 21 second cooldown, which is close to the cooldown of Infiltrator’s Signet when traited, it would work as a stunbreaker.

I want them to take the Venom traits (Quick Venoms, Leeching Venoms, Residual Venoms, and Venomous Aura) and find a way to merge them or move the functionality to the Venoms themselves so thieves don’t have to use up 4 trait slots and 60 trait points to make Venoms viable.

I want them to rework Venoms so they don’t always come out in a burst of your next X attacks. I want to be able to space out my Venom procs so they can’t all be removed at once by one condition removal.

I want them to reduce the healing from Skelk Venom but also make it transfer conditions from the thief to the target so it has some offensive capabilities.

I want them to give a secondary effect to Quick Recovery to bring it on par with Infiltrator’s Signet.

But none of that will ever happen, because all thieves will get for Christmas is coal.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

Some more:

I want them to make it so that steal isn’t disabled if you enter water with certain skills. It should at the very least discard the item if you can’t use it underwater so you can Steal again.

I want Tow Line to not stun me when I use it.

I want Disabling Shot to have less than a 1 second cast time as there is no point using it otherwise.

Any of those would be a nice gift.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Fixes and buffs for thieves!!?!?!
THIS IS MADNESS

Attachments:

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

last refuge fix
head shot ini reduction :<
anything that would help us vs endless aoe condi spam -_-
dagger off hand more reliable…. or rewarding at least

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Arenanet answer: No! In fact, new nerfs incoming.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Oh I forgot to mention either remove Detonate Cluster or change it so it actually has functionality. Currently there is no scenario in which I would ever use it.

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: MyCondolences.8172

MyCondolences.8172

Oh I forgot to mention either remove Detonate Cluster or change it so it actually has functionality. Currently there is no scenario in which I would ever use it.

I use it all the time. Great for hitting moving targets, and i think it adds more dmg but not sure on that.

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

My fix wish for 2014:

Stealth [to short duration and to excessive use];
Survivability [nonexist without stealth]
Acrobatic skilltree [useless],
Movement[to slow for the fastest class];
Steal [to weak],
Thieves need effective builds outside of stealth(spamming).

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Bouncing / ranged attacks that don’t reveal you after stealthing

Getting rid of last refuge

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Woaden.9425

Woaden.9425

*Scorpion Wire should work more reliably
*Shortbow/Dodge root fix
*Improvisation should count Steal bundles for +10%
*Basilisk should be affected by +stun duration
*Lower cast time and aftercast on intil return
*Hard to catch should break stun, grant stability, leap you backwards, and be moved back to Grand Master — defining the acro tree as an avoidance and mitigation trait line
*Assassins reward base healing value increased, heal power scaling reverted if necessary, reverted to Master
*Bountiful theft should give all stacks and duration of ripped boons
*Larcenous Strike reverted to steal 2 boons, increase cost if necessary

That’s off the top of my head for a wish list!

Kole —Thief
youtube

(edited by Woaden.9425)

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

• Attacks cast before stealth and lands while in stealth doesn’t reveal you.
  • SB #1 Shorter aftercast, heatseeking.
  • SB #3 fix for getting stuck on the same spot when attacked when dodging
  • SB #5 Transfers 1 condition to 1 enemy within the target area.
  • x/D #4 Increased dmg, targets reduced from 4 to 3.
  • A trait for shortbow range +20%
  • Deadly Arts VIII – Steal randomly recharges 1 of your utilities (not elite, may recharge non used utilities).
  • P/x 1# faster and slightly more dmg, speed and aftercast to synch well with reveal, 1 sec shorter bleed.
  • Basilisk Venom penetrates stability.
  • Lotus Poison, 8 sec icd.
  • Last Refuge improved with new mechanisms, to reduce backfiring.
  • Reduction of traits increasing dmg and instead higher base dmg.
  • Traps improved.
  • More survival options to venom builds.
  • Stealth Attacks from behind unblockable, but blocked stealth attacks causes reveal, only applies to stealth attacks.

A few things that would improve the thief gameplay imo.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Caom.9251

Caom.9251

If a skill misses , such as flanking strike, heartseeker or cloak and dagger etc, it costs more initiative (maybe 2 more) for the thief . If it hits it costs the same as before or maybe one initiative less. This is similar to how ride the lightning works for elementalist you hit, you get a reduced cooldown, you miss you get the full deal.

Promotes more skilled play and less mindless spamming as you are punished for actively missing or being evaded by the other player, players who can actively hit their target are rewarded.

Maybe with a change like this we can get that second boon removal back and maybe a revert to the headshot cast time changes.

Also get rid of the cooldown for Infiltrator strike, it pretty much ruins the whole sword set.

(edited by Caom.9251)

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Unsplit the damage for CnD between PvP and WvW/PvE

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I wish that the entire last patch was undone completely.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Xmas wish list of fixes

in Thief

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

• Make venoms more attractive. They seem strong, but the CD is a total letdown imo
  • Some signets could use more love, and Signet of Agility could use a less confusing description
  • Fix Hard to Catch so we can’t get randomly teleported to the middle of the enemy zerg/team