Your Thief Background

Your Thief Background

in Thief

Posted by: Kaii.6805

Kaii.6805

For those who care. What kind of character background did you choose for your Thief and why?

Your Thief Background

in Thief

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

i like to stab things

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Your Thief Background

in Thief

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

My thief, Scribin the Scribe, is an Asura who searches the world for lost knowledge, no matter where it may be forgotten at. He mastered the art of sneaking as a youth, taking peeks at designs and notes from Krewes and Council members around Rata Sum. As he grew older he started braving into more and more dangerous places to retrieve more and more knowledge. Sometimes these dangerous places required him to defend himself. Wielding two daggers gave him the advantage of swiftness and total silence and not only that but also free’d up his small composure to carry more of the scrolls and tomes he covets.

But of course this was all long ago. No one knows what has happened to the curious and compassionate Scribin. Rumor and whispers speak of the shadow of a “goblin” that wanders the mists, cutting down would be heroes and villains alike without sight. Of course there is no proof in these claims, no one living has seen this “Assassin” all that’s been heard is the clanking of bones, the wind and the stillness of death.

Would be cool if we could type in a personal biography for our characters for other people to read, like in the original Everquest.

Your Thief Background

in Thief

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

I like to kill things via lead poisoning and Unload does that nicely. Oh, and making arrows explode, aww yeah!

Your Thief Background

in Thief

Posted by: Neko.1860

Neko.1860

i like to steal things

Your Thief Background

in Thief

Posted by: Elm.8169

Elm.8169

Guess you mean the options during the character creation.
(Tiny bit of spoiler)
My thief is a human – I chose noble birth mainly for the ‘better than thou’ vibe. I suppose I would have done it for most human professions anyways. I personally dig the idea of my character living a privileged and comfortable life as opposed to being a laboring working class or a street rat scraping a living somehow. (Working class and street rat are the two others options, for those who don’t have human characters)

With a street rat thief (which I guess is technically most appropriate), I got a picture of someone stealing out of desperation. That seems a little too… not sure how to put it into words, but not something I wanted for my main. For working class and noble-birth, I would see someone who developed a bit of hobby causing small ruckuses and lifting small things. That seemed to fit better with a loaded noble rather than a busy worker.

Also, since there is supposed to be something of a connection between my GW1 character and my GW2 character (obviously not lineage… but something…), I’d rather not see my GW2 living less than a privileged life in a country my GW1 scooped out of the fire.

For the ‘one regret I have’ part, I chose the circus. The other two options (unknown parents & possibly dead sister) are bit too characterizing… or I guess it’s better to say that the circus doesn’t do much to set up the character despite being a background story choice (since all you get is that your character really wanted to join the circus), but that is exactly how I wanted it. Bless the writers, but having my character agonizing and working to find the missing sister or parents didn’t quite sit with the ‘careless, privileged, occasionally thieving noble’ idea I had.

Of course, I chose charm option for the sass. It also seemed to me like the sense of humor from originally GW1 would best translate in Charm dialogue options. (Turns out the fighting option carries it pretty well too.)

I believe humans also had an option between subtlety, bruiser, and subterfuge. Subtlety being a silent and deadly whatever, bruiser being… a bruiser, and subterfuge being a talker. I took subterfuge.

As a human, you can also select the god who supposedly blessed you. I considered Dwayna, simply because she’s the head of the gods… and who doesn’t want to be blessed by the god who can beat up all the other gods… Still, Lyssa seemed to fit the idea of messing with people better.

Your Thief Background

in Thief

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

OP what about you?