Your highest backstab ever?

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

yea …math can prove a photoshopper wrong. like the guy claiming 18k BS’s in spvp/tpvp. its not possible. math can prove it/ him wrong. idk what ur talking about as i showed pics of me doing 28.5k against a fully armored warrior :P videos of 18.5k agianst a fully toughnessed armored engi. :P mine are authentic. what i said is if somebody photoshops all you have to do is math and can figure it wrong or right if its a full picture.

Yes, and, in this case, contrary to what you said, it is right, or at least possible. But you said that it wasn’t.

For example, if you have 3000 extra power, flanking strikes, 110% additional crit damage, Executioner active, Nightmare sigils active, Flanking Strikes active, Ogre Runes, and are hitting a player who is naked (meaning that they have the base 916 toughness), then you hit an average of 27.5k on a critical hit.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Well it all makes sense. As I said a lot of factors had to be incorporated in this test.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

ok so the highest backstab seems to be in wvw 20k ish against a player. havent seen any others higher without naked/upscale/frenzy.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

yea …math can prove a photoshopper wrong. like the guy claiming 18k BS’s in spvp/tpvp. its not possible. math can prove it/ him wrong. idk what ur talking about as i showed pics of me doing 28.5k against a fully armored warrior :P videos of 18.5k agianst a fully toughnessed armored engi. :P mine are authentic. what i said is if somebody photoshops all you have to do is math and can figure it wrong or right if its a full picture.

Yes, and, in this case, contrary to what you said, it is right, or at least possible. But you said that it wasn’t.

For example, if you have 3000 extra power, flanking strikes, 110% additional crit damage, Executioner active, Nightmare sigils active, Flanking Strikes active, Ogre Runes, and are hitting a player who is naked (meaning that they have the base 916 toughness), then you hit an average of 27.5k on a critical hit.

yeah i just never considered naked/upscale/frenzy as its kind of stacking the deck and unrealistic. i look at highest bs as what you can do by yourself without others helping you.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

And I am talking about pvp not WvW.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Travlane.5948

even in pvp….its a super low BS number. id like to see any live hotjoin with a high backstab….i mean all the videos floating around internet why havent we seen one? oh bc they dont enter hotjoins with no armor/traits :P thats right lol.

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

yeah i just never considered naked/upscale/frenzy as its kind of stacking the deck and unrealistic. i look at highest bs as what you can do by yourself without others helping you.

Upscale base stats are the same as level 80 base stats, the only differences are traits and armor. Furthermore, Quickness is not required to hit such a high backstab; the figure I gave you is just one hit. Now, you never said anything about there having to be “realistic” conditions, so the fact of the matter is that you’re simply wrong.

Now, in PvP, with Flanking Strikes, Dagger Training, Scholar Runes, Exposed Weakness, Executioner, 25 stacks of Sigil of Corruption, Assasin’s Signet (active), and 1638 power on an enemy with 1000 defense, you would hit for about 14.3k. So, clearly,

knobby is so 100% full of lies …cmon aikijin ur not dumb. you know how much easier it is to post a full pic? it takes work to cut out the log box an zoom in. you could even do just 2 pics. one of the full screnn then one zoomed in on the bottom left but with a lil but of screen on it to compare. * im telling you now its 100% impossible to hit any player for more than 9-10k ish in spvp. there is a cap on dmg.*

is just stupid, you have no idea what the kitten you’re talking about. Get over it.

EDIT: sorry, also with 58% crit damage on a crit.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

(edited by Arganthium.5638)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

really? show me a vid. or a picture. since i havent seen any in spvp yet. and are you also suggesting that upscales dont get hit harder? thats just obviously not true :P and plz dont tell me you consider anyone in spvp/tpvp upscaled. they are all lvl 80 without the “up arrow” hence no upscales. they are upleveled…not upscaled….

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

See, this is why your arguments are dreadful, and, furthermore, why nobody believes in your ridiculous QQ. So let me display the calculations for you.

BS (Back) has a coefficient of 2.4.
Dagger has an average weapon coefficient of 952.5.
Total crit damage = 150% + 15% (zerker amulet) + 5% (zerker jewel) + 30% (30 Crit strikes) + 8% (scholar runes) = 208%, or 2.08
30 DA = +300 Power
Zerker Amulet and Jewel = +923 Power
25 Stacks of Sigil of Corruption = +250 Power
Scholar Runes = +165 Power
Total Added Power = +1638
Assassin’s Signet (Active) = +15% damage
Flanking Strikes = +5% damage
Dagger Training = +5% damage
Exposed Weakness = +10% damage
Executioner = +20% damage
Enemy armor = 1000

Damage = (2.4)(952.5)(1638+Base Power of 916)/1000 = 5838.4

Damage * Signet * Flanking Strikes * Exposed Weakness * Dagger Training * Executioner * Crit Damage (assuming a crit hit) = 5838.4 * 3.83 = 22,356 damage, and that’s with more power than I had previously said. With just 1638 power (including base), it would have been

Damage = 3744.4

Damage * (previously stated buffs) = 3744.4 * 3.83 = 14.34k damage.

Obviously, then, it is possible. Also, I never said anything about PvP’ers being “upscaled”, I was referring to WvW there (I mentioned PvP later). Also, I suggest that upscales are hit harder, but only because they have different gear and traits, not because of their base stats.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

See, this is why your arguments are dreadful, and, furthermore, why nobody believes in your ridiculous QQ. So let me display the calculations for you.

Total crit damage = 150% + 15% (zerker amulet) + 5% (zerker jewel) + 30% (30 Crit strikes) + 8% (scholar runes) = 208%, or 2.08
30 DA = +300 Power
Enemy armor = 1000

Damage * Signet * Flanking Strikes * Exposed Weakness * Dagger Training * Executioner * Crit Damage (assuming a crit hit) = 5838.4 * 3.83 = 22,356 damage, and that’s with more power than I had previously said. With just 1638 power (including base), it would have been

Damage = 3744.4

Obviously, then, it is possible. Also, I never said anything about PvP’ers being “upscaled”, I was referring to WvW there (I mentioned PvP later). Also, I suggest that upscales are hit harder, but only because they have different gear and traits, not because of their base stats.

Well put argument. I do agree with these calculations. I didn’t want to have to add my input. It’s all right here;)

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Photoshop? Bahahaha u guys make me chuckle, guy who said enemey was naked was right, naked warr with frenzy who i stacked some vuln on, i myself had scholar runes and around 20 stacks of might, higher is possible as i didnt quite have 25 stacks of vuln and might up.

Figured your friend has to be naked judging from the 726 Rifle Butt damage. :P

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

30 DA = +300 Power
Enemy armor = 1000

Damage = 3744.4

Well put argument. I do agree with these calculations. I didn’t want to have to add my input. It’s all right here;)

1000 armor? is that what your entire argument hinges on? well i was assuming we were all intelligent…… idk… my thief have 2422 armor and runs full bersker or carrion. that is just as a theif……….

and aikijin…i really thought u were smarter than this guy. cmon. yeah i guess technically i am wrong u can do 14k in spvp on backstab. but if only if they are naked. im done having this argument. and upscales get hit harder….. no matter what that guy says. go pretend you can do stuff against naked players. real intelligent way to debate. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaw

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

^^ There were no requirements that your target has to be durable…

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

^^ There were no requirements that your target has to be durable…

Exactly.

Don’t be throwing around accusations at people if the requirements you set for proof aren’t the ones that you want…

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Travlane.5948

i guess its my fault for assuming that targets wore armor in spvp :P silly me lol. anyway just tested it. nowheres near.unless naked. it got close

in Thief

Arganthium.5638

i guess its my fault for assuming that targets wore armor in spvp :P silly me lol. anyway just tested it. nowheres near.unless naked. it got close

So let me get this straight.

First, you’re going to insult somebody because something they say is impossible, and then using veiled insults on us to assume our stupidity after we prove you wrong- after all, something can’t be impossible if there’s even a single combination of variables that allows for it to occur. In this case, there was, and your only excuse to it was that it couldn’t happen against targets wearing armor. Except that that wasn’t the original problem; you initially said that it was impossible to do in PvP.

Then, you tell me that the damage is “nowhere near”, unless naked- which is what I actually said.

Finally, you say “it got close”, even though you don’t have anything to prove that you used all of the buffs that I previously mentioned, or to prove that you got “close” to the damage that was stated. How close is “close”? 100 damage? 3k damage?

And of course, all of this is considering that you have a reputation for being a major whiner and trying to act as if thieves are the ultimate underdogs that are given nothing and are persecuted by the mighty and evil ANet.

… Alright then.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Travlane.5948

So let me get this straight.

First, you’re going to insult somebody because something they say is impossible, and then using veiled insults on us to assume our stupidity after we prove you wrong- after all, something can’t be impossible if there’s even a single combination of variables that allows for it to occur. In this case, there was, and your only excuse to it was that it couldn’t happen against targets wearing armor. Except that that wasn’t the original problem; you initially said that it was impossible to do in PvP.

Then, you tell me that the damage is “nowhere near”, unless naked- which is what I actually said.

Finally, you say “it got close”, even though you don’t have anything to prove that you used all of the buffs that I previously mentioned, or to prove that you got “close” to the damage that was stated. How close is “close”? 100 damage? 3k damage?

And of course, all of this is considering that you have a reputation for being a major whiner and trying to act as if thieves are the ultimate underdogs that are given nothing and are persecuted by the mighty and evil ANet.

… Alright then.

thieves are on top in areas and underdogs in others. im not whining i just merely said what was propest as 18k+ backstabs or 28k backstabs or 15k backstabs are not possible in wvw……they arent…. i assumed we werent talking about naked characters using frenzy. so basically 2 players did 28k :P,,, not 1. its like sayign i can backstab for 1.5 million. you would normally say its not true. technically ur wrong it can be done…against a rakitten etc. but generally its not possible. i mean really who bases numbers/hits/%s etc on naked players….or squirrels/owls/mosquitos. just seemed like a silly way to go about considering top backstabs. lets ask how many people u have got (roughly) to spread epidemic on. then one person says 120 people but FAILS to mention they were all in 2 guilds cooperating with him to do so. i mean its something you should mention. not pass off as a picture thats showing only 10% of the real picture. thats trickery nothing more. if ur going to do /say silly things thats fine. just put the qualifier in quotes or something.

over 1M on a rabbit.

see? he didnt say just 1m….he qualified how. not veiling it to be passed as a player hit.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I was going to add input.. but realized I don’t care anymore. Close this thread.. Sorry I even made it. Never knew backstabs would be this controversial.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

I just finished to read the thread and i must say you are right. you are rather silly.
Next time think twice before tossing out assumptions that only give people a bad idea about your knowledge. Read the title and wave at the 1m backstab on a rabbit.
Signed, that naked guy.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

I just finished to read the thread and i must say you are right. you are rather silly.
Next time think twice before tossing out assumptions that only give people a bad idea about your knowledge. Read the title and wave at the 1m backstab on a rabbit.
Signed, that naked guy.

sorry what the heck are you trying to say?

in Thief

Posted by: NightShade.5283

NightShade.5283

my prenerf thief in pvp

Attachments:

Lyan D Deathbringer. male shylvari thief
IRON – Desolation