Your thoughts on Basilisk Venom.

in Thief

Posted by: Serkev.5736

Serkev.5736

I don’t see why it’s an elite skill, first of all it doesn’t cancel skills only pause them, and it only lasts for 1 hit and it doesn’t even matter if you attack air the venom still goes away. Also the duration is way too short, a regular stun cancels the action and it lasts longer. Please give your thoughts on this skill, what is so good about it that it deserves to be an elite skill.

in Thief

Posted by: Arsenic.8259

Arsenic.8259

They need to make it instant cast and last 1 second.

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Shouldn’t compare it with other elites and think about how it fits withing the class of the Thief. Thief puts out some of the highest single target dps in the game. This elite facilitates that but at the same time isn’t so I press button and AI does work for me. You still have to land your bask and get behind for max damage.

You can make the venom last for 2 strikes if you trait 30 pt deadly arts might wanna research that.

Bask is basically a way to get you a “chance” at good damage but it isn’t guaranteed unless someone is not running a stun breaker.

The only thing I don’t like about baslisk venom is that it doesn’t seem to fit in other type of builds its more of a D/D burst build or a P/P burst them down build. As a P/D thief I tried bask but doesnt seem to be better than taking thieves guild or dagger storm when using P/D.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Yeah, Basilisk venom is almost purely for burst builds. Those of us running condition (P/D, SB, LDB spam) or running non burst direct (Sword builds) get way more mileage from selecting either of the other 2.

~Shadowkat

in Thief

Posted by: Negated.4105

Negated.4105

need residual venom to make it worth, although I guess the good thieves won’t need the ones that are acquainted with the glass canon build.

in Thief

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Venom sharing with 2 applications is a great deal more powerful. Yes that is two 30 point traits, but having 10 applications of Basilisk Venom is impressive. Then if you mix that with other Venom related support traits, at the very least it is another Venom you can use for all that other fun stuff like handing out Might, heals and the venom itself to allies.

But yeah on its own it is only useful for big burst builds.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Hmm i tested it with 30 trait in dealy arts and didnt see difference in time, while it should be 3 s ( means double) if u think its affected by that, so i gues it isnt, couse that would be kinda op.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Archonis.7249

Archonis.7249

I just use Devourer’s Venom and use Thieves guild for my elite. They are both breakable, but at least Thieves guild gives more dps.

“Society is a madhouse, whose wardens are the police and the officials.”

in Thief

Archonis.7249

Hmm i tested it with 30 trait in dealy arts and didnt see difference in time, while it should be 3 s ( means double) if u think its affected by that, so i gues it isnt, couse that would be kinda op.

The elite Venom does not benefit from that trait.

Yea, I know kitten right. Never understood why they call it an elite. Just an overhyped utility. Kinda like people that think that Will Smith is a good actor.

in Thief

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

Yea, I know kitten right. Never understood why they call it an elite. Just an overhyped utility. Kinda like people that think that Will Smith is a good actor.

IMHO he did great in Pursuit of Happyness and Seven Pounds

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

in Thief

Archonis.7249

IMHO he did great in Pursuit of Happyness and Seven Pounds

He will always be the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air to me kitten

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I find this skill to be rather useless.

When I use it, I find a lot of the times, even if I use stealth+mug, the poison does not get applied.

When someone uses it against me I just use stun break and their elite is wasted.

It’s very easy to tell when a thief uses it because the buff icon shows when you click on them.

It’s probably the weakest elite imo.

Now, dagger storm? That’s hilarious. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve popped dagger storm on a rifle warrior or ranger and watched them shoot themselves to death not realizing that I am reflecting all projectiles. CD on DS is reasonable too.

I would prob use TG more often if it didn’t have such a long CD.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Vile.5678

Vile.5678

Residual Venom trait?
It works with Basilisk Venom.

To OP:
I really like Basilisk Venom. It works very well in my control build and is great for pulling off combos in my build. I run Residual Venom and Quick Venoms, meaning if perceive an engagement well, I can use basically 4 stuns within 6 seconds. With that in mind, if I add my CC up I have the power to use a total of (4 Basilisk Venom + 3 Devourer Venom + 1 Scorpion Wire =) 8 forms of immobilization in my build within a span of 6 seconds.

Warrior – Whrawl
Thief – Radderic
Mesmer – Smash Kablooey

in Thief

Posted by: Kitono.9152

Kitono.9152

Should make basilisk also steal a boon and make it unblock able.

Nighthound – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

Basilisk Venom is incredibly underwhelming for an Elite skill. A 1.5 sec stun every 45 seconds? And your next attack has to hit the target for it to work. Puh-leeze.

I only use it for my underwater build because ANET WON’T ALLOW ANYTHING ELSE.

Only good thing about it is its short cooldown. That’s it.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well, Basilisk Venom ignores Defiant and it’s the shortest CD elite in the game which synergies rather well with a full Lyssa set of runes.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Well, Basilisk Venom ignores Defiant and it’s the shortest CD elite in the game which synergies rather well with a full Lyssa set of runes.

except you lose 12% Critical/60+ to all stats… Thieves NEED critical bonus more then anyone else.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

My friend uses Lyssa runes. I 1v1’d him in a Borderland (yes, we’re friends from different servers, go figure) and I absolutely melted his face off. I would down him in 2 bursts from dual pistols and he would barely be able to get me down more than 75% health. His Thieves Guild didn’t help him much.

Lyssa runes are better for Warriors (they have issues with conditions sometimes, therefore Signet of Rage ftw) and Guardians (they have tons of boon-related traits and abilities).

If you’re going to put runes in your armor (instead of, say, Exotic Ruby jewels), it’s best to use Runes of Divinity, Runes of the Thief, Runes of Infiltration, or Runes of the Wurm. Anything else is likely a waste of time and gold, unless you have a specific build around which your set of choice synergizes.

in Thief

Posted by: MasterGeese.4756

MasterGeese.4756

1. Equip a shortbow.
2. Trait yourself to share venoms and +1 charges to all venoms.
3. Apply Basilisk Venom.
4. Press 1 twice.

Congratulations. You have stunned 3 enemies for a grand total of 3 seconds. Add a few bros into the mix and its even longer.

Basilisk Venom is fine where it’s at. It just needs some trait/shortbow love and its amazing.

in Thief

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I like to use it when we are pushing and I’ll target a player in front of the warrior trying to run. Warrior makes good use of the venom.

Handy with shortbow and traited to apply to a second shot. That with devower venom will tie up 4 people fairly quickly. Can be helpful.

Just depends upon what is happening.

I do agree that it probably shouldn’t be an elite though unless duration gets buffed a bit more.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.