Zerging / armor / damage

Zerging / armor / damage

in Thief

Posted by: Lord.4270

Lord.4270

Hi,

when i play in zerg , if I use a PVT armor and jewel , i deal 0 damage.
If i use a zerker armor and jewel , i die.
If i use a mix between zerk and soldier, i don t die but i don t deal much damage.

Do you have an idea for doing a lot of damage without dying ?

Also i play condition build , dps build , and i feel useless compared to warrior with their hamerstun or ele ….
In zerg everyone have to be warrior ele or necro ?

Zerging / armor / damage

in Thief

Posted by: Lord.4270

Lord.4270

in fact when i say zerg i should say with my guild

Zerging / armor / damage

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

use valkyrie armor set with divinity runes or ogre runes/ruby and zerk trinkets.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

Zerging / armor / damage

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Building-a-better-D-D-thief/first
Nuff said.

Oh, and also a vid from from the same player (I believe),
it shows off the good damage and survival.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrQdXFn7OxA

Surviving in Zerg combat requires SB, good positioning and avoidance.
Go with D/D or D/P to take out stray-pugs when you spot them.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Zerging / armor / damage

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

your roll as a thief with zerg or group fight is to take the scatters or the back line which usually stand and nuke freely your team. you are not the aoe burst dmg like the power necros, you are not the healer like the ele or guardian and you dont have mass aoe conditions like necro or engineer.

so dont look for the warrior or guardians front line as most of the dmg will be there and as you main roll is to do fast burst dmg against small back line group harass them and to make them concentrate on defense and not offense while trying to take them down fast if you can

most of the times i can take out fast 3-5 caster enemies and my front line come to secure the down and so on

when dagger strom needed i use it and back out again or when using SB to clusterbomb for 4k aoe dmg

many thread i read that ppl wanna do gameplay like warrior on their thief… why?

Zerging / armor / damage

in Thief

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

You want to zerg? Shortbow 2 and dagger storm with signet of malice are your mainstays. See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thief-WvW-zerg-builds/first#post2567088 for ideas.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Zerging / armor / damage

in Thief

Posted by: MatthijsB.4731

MatthijsB.4731

If you don’t want to be squishy you could try my build. Currently i’m still testing it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAsYVlYm6OHcS6E+5Ey2jeSo4JuCWY3DuS+sKA-jUyAofioRKCERAkKIkl9KiGbZrIas6aMlbi0uC1xAYG-w
Use Daggerstorm just for the stability.

It is not effective at all if there is a skill lag, but with good positioning and dodging you will outlive every zerg fight.

Zerging / armor / damage

in Thief

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

As Zeke said, use Valkyrie armor, and the rest Berserker. With consumables and a high up-time on fury, you should still have 80%+ crit-chance (with full Exotic and Ascended), and at least 100% crit-damage (higher depending on food/runes/etc.).

I would recommend adapting your utilities and play-style to maintain high survivability. Melee will most definitely be more difficult to adapt, but it’s possible. I play P/P because it’s much easier to maintain pressure in any situation, and it performs incredibly well for that purpose.

In regards to Dagger Storm, it is very effective in certain circumstances, but it can also fail to contribute anything significant to a fight, and also result in an easy death (e.g., boon-strip/corrupt + interrupt). Basilisk + Lyssa works much more universally for me. I only miss Dagger Storm for disrupting large groups before a push (e.g., Shadow Step dead-center, Dagger Storm, Shadow Return, and push sidelines with the group). Although, I also enjoy playing a shock-troop, so that might be the reason. ;P

Zerging / armor / damage

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

As Zeke said, use Valkyrie armor, and the rest Berserker. With consumables and a high up-time on fury, you should still have 80%+ crit-chance (with full Exotic and Ascended), and at least 100% crit-damage (higher depending on food/runes/etc.).

I would recommend adapting your utilities and play-style to maintain high survivability. Melee will most definitely be more difficult to adapt, but it’s possible. I play P/P because it’s much easier to maintain pressure in any situation, and it performs incredibly well for that purpose.

In regards to Dagger Storm, it is very effective in certain circumstances, but it can also fail to contribute anything significant to a fight, and also result in an easy death (e.g., boon-strip/corrupt + interrupt). Basilisk + Lyssa works much more universally for me. I only miss Dagger Storm for disrupting large groups before a push (e.g., Shadow Step dead-center, Dagger Storm, Shadow Return, and push sidelines with the group). Although, I also enjoy playing a shock-troop, so that might be the reason. ;P

what i use for zerging is sharpening stones, truffle meat steak was it, for 100 power 100 prec. you can also use butternut squash 100 power and 10% crit damage.

i use signet of shadows, assasins signet, blinding powder or shadow step and dagger storm. stay on the side dont run head on and clash with the zerg.

use SB, spam that 2 and trickshot, if you are already nearing or will get caught use skill 3, that dodge cripple shot. do not use your dodge as it is reserved when you need more distance on the sides and forward or when you run out of inititative.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

(edited by Zeke Azul Falcon.5176)

Zerging / armor / damage

in Thief

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

@Zeke

Oh, just noticed you’re on Blackgate also. ;P

With P/P, I’m running Withdraw, Roll, Shadow Step, SoS, and Basilisk, with Precision oils and On-Crit heal food. I’ve thought about the Power/Crit-Damage food, but my sustained is currently high enough (at range) that I haven’t bothered.

Unload is much more effective for single-target pressure; 1-2 channels is usually enough to either drop them, or send them into “panic mode”.