anti-burst patch, eh?

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: levelnine.7036

levelnine.7036

guess what, im speccing back to my backstab build again since a.net completly ruined dmg on my S/D build.

im confused with today’s patch notes. like over 9000 level of confusion.

Seafarer’s Rest. Time Keepers [TK].

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: YumCHA.8706

YumCHA.8706

It’s over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rangetastic, 80 Ranger | Archers United [ARC]
Sea of Sorrows

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: tac.2167

tac.2167

I one hundred percent agree

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Yeup…
And I thought that was going to be the next big thing…

They destroyed dancing dagger…
I’m sorry for you :‘(
Genuinely, I play a ranger and I still say that…
A bounce or 20% less dmg and a shorter cripple would have easily been enough.. and you know, a hit to some of the other crazy abilities (thieves guild, steal, shortbow’s #3)

THEY kittenING DIDN’T EVEN TOUCH MUG.
The 6k instant tier one trait that applies basilisk venom (instant stun break or die) still lives…
What the kitten.

(edited by garethh.3518)

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I’m switching to P/D build anyhow. I am an avid hater towards backstab nerfs, as I feel it is 100% counterable so long as you know what you are doing, and imo, it isn’t at all great in pvp or wvw if you think about it. A P/D build looks to be more sustained and damaging overall. Backstab definitely did not take as big of a hit though, it was just never a good playstyle in the first place. A huge nerf would have destroyed thieves as a class.

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

guess what, im speccing back to my backstab build again since a.net completly ruined dmg on my S/D build.

im confused with today’s patch notes. like over 9000 level of confusion.

Also very confused. We all figured some heavy nerfs to the short-TTK backstab combos were in the works, but actual nerfs came to the thief’s major control skill sets. If anything, this encourages FotM thievery while quashing builds that dare to stray from the very ones being complained about.

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

It IS anti-burst.

C&D damage was drastically reduced.

Mug damage is fine as is. If Mug damage is reduced, a massive nerf on all other class’s class specific skills are required. If you can live with that and not qq, then sure…nerf Mug damage, but make sure to nerf all the other class’s class specific damage by the same amount, if not more.

PS: I’ve been playing my warrior and my other classes almost 10x as much as my thief recently…and I must say…they are soooooooooooooo much more OP than thief. It’s lolworthy how easily I kill thieves. Especially the glass cannon ones.

The only thing I find my thief shining over my other classes is the fact that I can stealth and gather from nodes much easier than my other classes (where I have to fight off the enemies nearby before gathering).

(edited by Kurow.6973)

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Garlic Sensei.4103

Garlic Sensei.4103

Apparently Anet does not know how to nerf any other class besides thief. QQ and they will cater.

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Apparently Anet does not know how to nerf any other class besides thief. QQ and they will cater.

Really, did you miss the mesmer nerfs? Their in an uproar about their precious illusions and phantasms.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

garethh.3518

It IS anti-burst.

Mug damage is fine as is. If Mug damage is reduced, a massive nerf on all other class’s class specific skills are required. If you can live with that and not qq, then sure…nerf Mug damage, but make sure to nerf all the other class’s class specific damage by the same amount, if not more.

Mug is a first tier trait.
Do you want to go over other first tier traits?
When it comes to dmg they tend to be situational 5-10% dmg buffs.
Yes 5-10% dmg buffs that aren’t up all the time…
Mug is a 33%~ dmg buff on spike.
That’s ridiculous.
That’s not even all of it.

Mug makes steal apply venoms.. like basilisk venom…
So causes undodgeable stuns or immobilizes…

All in a first tier trait…
So where would that re-balancing be again?

(edited by garethh.3518)

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Kurow.6973

It IS anti-burst.

That’s ridiculous.

That’s the point. Other class’s damages (equivalent to Mug, and in some cases MORE) from their class specific skills are inherent…and does NOT require a trait to begin with. Steal/Mug is DODGE-ABLE, and BLOCK-ABLE!

Please, DON’T throw out random “facts” and numbers to try justify an invalid argument. Thanks!

PS: The main reason WvW damages are so high, is because of the difference between PvE and sPvP gear. The most important one being Critical Damage. You can have almost 2x the amount of CD in PvE than you can in sPvP gear.

(edited by Kurow.6973)

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

i don’t know about you but i don’t know anybody who mashes CnD for burst damage.

meanwhile, it was a steady source of damage for S/D because they used it frequently to apply daze with sword 1. it barely puts a dent in BS combo builds that are burst.

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

garethh.3518

That’s the point. Other class’s damages (equivalent to Mug, and in some cases MORE) from their class specific skills are inherent…and does NOT require a trait to begin with. Steal/Mug is DODGE-ABLE, and BLOCK-ABLE!

Please, DON’T throw out random “facts” and numbers to try justify an invalid argument. Thanks!

PS: The main reason WvW damages are so high, is because of the difference between PvE and sPvP gear. The most important one being Critical Damage. You can have almost 2x the amount of CD in PvE than you can in sPvP gear.

Oh so the point is to have crazy powerful first tier traits that deal massive undodgeable dmg and can cause undodgeable stuns…
then numbers and facts are random and can be waved off with a few angry mutters.
Oh fun…
Guess you might just have a future in the dev business.
LOL

(edited by garethh.3518)

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Rofl Ranger has been nerfed since end of beta#3 and this is the first time we were actually going to get buffed and did you see what they did to us? Made us freaking kings of the ocean….we will see you in the water!

-.- worst patch for rangers ever

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Bandit.7542

Bandit.7542

They are really pushing my buttons with these thief nerfs. It is seriously upsetting that every time I read patchnotes I see another thief buff but 100 blades is still sitting there oneshotting everyone. first they nerfed my pistol whip now they nerf my shortbow2 im just like… wtf!

In the river of souls, the reaper of man shall walk among his minions.

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: condiments.8043

condiments.8043

It IS anti-burst.

The problem is the supposed anti-burst countermeasures hurt non-burst builds than the burst ones. After playing tonight I can tell you straight out that glassy D/D builds still have crazy burst. Shortbow, and D/D will still drop players in mere seconds if they don’t react instantly. The damage nerf wasn’t that bad to them.

Balanced x/D builds that use CnD as a reliable form of damage or shortbow for team fights? Ouchies, your damage took a hit. I was running S/D daze on my thief, and I’m not sure what to do now with the Daze nerf. I might stop playing my thief for my ele until more build options open up that aren’t so pigeonholed.

I mean backstab doesn’t get touched, but tactical strike does?! What in the world is going on?

Cretius-Elementalist
Condiments-Thief

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

It IS anti-burst.

That’s ridiculous.

Mug is a First tier trait (10 points)
Ok.
Now let’s take a look at ranger’s 1/2 tier trait (5 points) quickness…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Froggie.3758

Froggie.3758

Quite disheartened by this patch, I play with a P/D build and Dancing dagger was one of my more used abilities. I’ve always looked down upon glass cannon thieves and back stabbers especially. but now that my only real instant damage ability has been removed I’m considering just going full glass cannon backstab like the rest of the mindless horde.

Armament – Fissure of Woe
Order Of The Darker Flame [Dark]

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Kurow.6973

Oh so the point is to have crazy powerful first tier traits that deal massive undodgeable dmg and can cause undodgeable stuns…
then numbers and facts are random and can be waved off with a few angry mutters.
Oh fun…
Guess you might just have a future in the dev business.
LOL

Are you able to read?…or are you simply going to repeat yourself like a broken record?

The problem is the supposed anti-burst countermeasures hurt non-burst builds than the burst ones. After playing tonight I can tell you straight out that glassy D/D builds still have crazy burst. Shortbow, and D/D will still drop players in mere seconds if they don’t react instantly. The damage nerf wasn’t that bad to them.

Balanced x/D builds that use CnD as a reliable form of damage or shortbow for team fights? Ouchies, your damage took a hit. I was running S/D daze on my thief, and I’m not sure what to do now with the Daze nerf. I might stop playing my thief for my ele until more build options open up that aren’t so pigeonholed.

I mean backstab doesn’t get touched, but tactical strike does?! What in the world is going on?

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t playing S/D in sPvP when on my thief. However, The only reason I see as to why they went with this type of nerf was because people were complaining not to touch backstab itself, and because they wanted to indirectly nerf P/D, and S/D…while at the same time, nerfing the initial burst of D/D backstab. So from what it seems like, to me, they went with kill 3 birds with 2 stones.

However, I think this was unnecessary (nerfing S/D, and P/D), and in fact, if they wanted to nerf backstab itself (sort of understandable), they should have done something similar to what I suggested last week regarding the “Flanking Strikes” trait. If they had done that, it would have kept the DPS potentiality of skilled thieves, while nerfing the backstab damage itself.

With that being said, I’ve personally have found myself playing my Ele, War, and Nec far more often than my thief. In fact, I don’t recall playing my thief in the past 2 weeks besides doing jumping puzzles, and gathering from nodes. This is a sad sight because I was really excited to play the thief class, and it was in fact the first class I played, and maxed everything in, including getting it completely geared…yet, it’s the least played class in my selection now.

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Zephy.3150

Zephy.3150

anti-burst patch, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: flowcyto.5671

flowcyto.5671

I might stop playing my thief for my ele until more build options open up that aren’t so pigeonholed.

Hope ya dun plan on playing staff ele, then. They got hit pretty kitten hard w/ the EA ‘fix’ :/

The thief changes all seem.. odd. Some of the utility skill buffs are cool, but the DD and CnD nerfs are puzzling. Oh well, the only setup I still care about (D/P) for this class is still alright, but kinda glad I stopped being so devoted to this class a good while ago.