Posted by: MrSimpleMan.6194

MrSimpleMan.6194

i can very much benefit from this too.

btw i heard s/d 20066 build is the way to go for 1v1 pvp

best Build type for roaming/1v1

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

WvW, and non serious sPvP, in sPvP pretty much the same but instead Carrion amulet. Pretty much sweeps the floor with everything 1v1 and even 1vX, and what you wont be able to kill wont for sure be able to kill you either.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQRAqY4alsMp7plPx0J8PNBNRxdNsCzg3XxXshaFAA-TFSAABaoEEgTAwVK/i+BAIg5PkU/JH9A9s/ApAgZZF-w

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: panicbutton.1053

panicbutton.1053

I love the thief class, but I absolutely hate playing against condi p/d builds. I’m convinced you can become a pro with condition p/d at the age of 4.

If you see me in WvW and I’m walking the other way, it’s because I saw the condition food you’re using

Hàrlèy Quínn – Power S/D / D/P – Northern Shiverpeaks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPIPT2aTjJOBRcAWmlhUkw

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I’m convinced you can become a pro with condition p/d at the age of 4.

That’s actually not far from the truth, I remember I was playing Nintendo 8-bit at that age, movement keys and 2 buttons

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: DatPieGuy.6540

DatPieGuy.6540

best for 1v1 is 2/0/6/0/6 p/d with dire gear. However, if you’re a real man, you will run full zerk with a minimum of 10 points into SA.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

If you hate dying and don’t have any dignity or self-respect then roll with P/D.

Get full Dire gear and spec something like 2/0/6/0/6 or anything else really and go to town with 2 buttons. Add a 3rd if you’re feeling skillful. No matter what situation or what enemy, you will constantly be hitting Cloak and Dagger followed by a Sneak Attack for ever and ever. As mentioned, adding some Agony is purely optional but it does increase your kill-speed.

That’s pretty much it. You have just become a “pro” roamer.

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

^ What these guys said, 2/0/6/0/6 P/D dire. The combination of condi pressure and stealth traits is an absolute pain to fight against, it’s easily the strongest 1v1 build for just killing stuff but it’s not the most entertaining IMO.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: cptn skyz.8706

cptn skyz.8706

alright thanks for posting guys ill try those out

Skyz Thief

in Thief

panicbutton.1053

Just beware that once you go P/D, no one will want to fight you and you will probably get bored quick even if they did.

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I like the Thief forums.

People here are not delusional. Even if they speak the truth by saying that P/D is our best set for 1v1s, they also state that “downsides” of running said spec.

Meanwhile, in the Mesmer forums, everyone says “go PU you won’t regret that”.

I’ve stopped dueling PU mesmers and P/D thieves 3-4 months ago. Hope more and more people would start doing this.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: cptn skyz.8706

cptn skyz.8706

alright well besides p/d what build can i run ?

Skyz Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

I’d say S/D 20066 is quite good for roaming. You won’t be afraid of much with that build, roaming wise, and it’s also a very good build to start improving your game (even if it’s really strong in PVP, on a beginner it is quite useful as you will learn to kite).
DP (or DD) shadow arts are still decent. You will beat bad people really easily, but anyone with half a brain will kick your kitten.
All in all, PD Condi is a build that will definitely carry you without many problems. SD is strong but you will pay your mistakes hard. DP (or DD) are decent and safer to play than SD but are really weak against good players and you’ll need to outplay them (or bore them to death by chain stealthily over and over) to really win.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in Thief

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

D/D + SB 10/30/30/0/0. Still works after almost two years and you can beat anyone if you’re good enough. Just don’t blow your dodges and know when to cancel Cloak and Dagger.

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

panicbutton.1053

I like the Thief forums.

People here are not delusional. Even if they speak the truth by saying that P/D is our best set for 1v1s, they also state that “downsides” of running said spec.

I’ve stopped dueling PU mesmers and P/D thieves 3-4 months ago. Hope more and more people would start doing this.

Sometimes I wonder why p/d hasn’t gotten a nerf stick, but just about every other build has. I’m with you on the duels.. I just walk away from dired out thieves; they cant chase anything so its easy to walk away from. I throw up a little in my mouth every single time I have to fight one though~

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I like the Thief forums.

Sometimes I wonder why p/d hasn’t gotten a nerf stick, but just about every other build has. I’m with you on the duels.. I just walk away from dired out thieves; they cant chase anything so its easy to walk away from. I throw up a little in my mouth every single time I have to fight one though~

I would guess it’s because the build has no place in the game outside of WvW roaming. Cant use it in a zerg, cant use in s/tPvP because it uses Shadow Arts, can’t use it in PvE because lolconditions. And if Anet does eventually set its eyes on WvW roaming/small group play, it had better do a lot more than just nerfing stuff and build a solid gameplay foundation for that kind of play.

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I like the Thief forums.

DP zerker still counters P/D and is better for group play. I think the crit nerf cause people to flock to pd but with strength runes sigil of air+fire the dps for crit thief is still pretty much the same and I think player are already starting to realize this.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

D/P x/30/30/x/x counters P/D dire condition builds. Just jump through that black powder 3 times and you heal/remove all condis. Blinds hurt P/D and as long as you deny the CnD which is very easy with P#5 its GG. It simply takes a while but I do not lose to P/D condition thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

p/d full dire are for 1vX and not 1v1 or just should be used by amature who need to learn it
s/d is for 1v1 perma evade 2,0,0,6,6 also bit broken with all the evades and dodges
d/p bit broken too with the constant stealth abilities
so every set has it up and downs (also as every other class)

so in the right hands any weapon set is powerful. if ppl dont like to fight against pd / pu etc they need to learn how to counter it