Eremes Guile.1480

2015 and still rocking the 2/0/6/0/6!

<3

Hottest Thief [Ever]

bewildering ambush OP [wvw video]

in Thief

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

how is playing SA in 2015 something to be proud of I don’t understand what you mean. anyway this is okay gameplay just very sloppy at times, SA outright carried you from dying many times. you random dodge more than me and i’m an acro thief lol.

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

(edited by oEnvy.3064)

in Thief

Posted by: Eremes Guile.1480

Eremes Guile.1480

here comes the SA police….

I wrote in the description video, for some reason recent patches made recording heavy, when u screen froze for a sec, i can only press dodge, thus leading to the random dodges.

Oh maybe you should like ask the dev to remove SA completely, that way SA is not available anymore.

But since its in the game. Im gonna use it

Hottest Thief [Ever]

in Thief

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I have to agree with oEnvy on this one….

I know you said you were lagging when recording, but there were several basic gameplay issues as well.

It looked like you were keyboard turning for some parts, many big attacks you should’ve dodged, and yes. I do believe SA carried you in many of the fights.

Personally, I find it extremely hard to respect SA thieves. Though you can tell when you come across one who really knows what they’re doing, this wasn’t one of the better ones.

Dodging is the biggest part that I would recommend you work on. You ate nearly every eviscerate from that warrior in the first part, and lucky last refuges and other aspects based off of luck were the reason you won some of those fights.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

snip

Basically word for word this. You suffer from the one of the biggest mistakes new/bad players make with regards to dodges. Using dodges right after you’ve been hit with a big attack instead of using the dodge to avoid the attack.

SA carried you. There isn’t any other way to say it. Showing off 1v2s (while you’re in your own camp) while running full SA isn’t really impressive. Or a 1v1 against a mesmer who was at half hp you when you engage and who still manages to almost escape.

In fact 1v1’s in general (when the opponent decides to stick around since thats the only way you can kill anyone) with your spec don’t really demonstrate a high degree of skill, especially with the lack of well timed dodges. Add in the number of missed CnDs (my favorite was the 2 straight missed against the ele who legit was just moving in a circle around you with no dodges or jukes besides the little walls) and its a bad combination.

The most amazing part of the video is that you somehow managed to find players worse than you are, and for this you get some props.

Please do work on dodges and work on hitting skills like CnD.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Thief

Eremes Guile.1480

Thank you guys for taking the time to watch my video! And thanks for your honest critics, i am humbled. I will work on all you have said above

Do u guys have a video of your own btw? So i cam learn the ways of the thief from your side.

Once again thanks for watching :^)

Hottest Thief [Ever]

in Thief

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

Thank you guys for taking the time to watch my video! And thanks for your honest critics, i am humbled. I will work on all you have said above

Do u guys have a video of your own btw? So i cam learn the ways of the thief from your side.

Once again thanks for watching :^)

This post is dripping with sarcasm :^)

EDIT: oEnvy has some very good S/D footage a few threads down.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/S-D-Thief-Solo-Roaming-Video-Beyond-B/first#post4943386

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

(edited by azerte.4365)

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Watched about half of it. Was really good. I enjoyed not seeing a shortbow as a secondary even though I will never give mine up lol.

A nice mix build that doesn’t go just for pure damage that can be killed by one wrong move, is more enjoyable to watch than a guy that pvp’s for 5 weeks and takes out his 5 perfect fights and claims he is pro.

Using SA, is not a bad thing in my view.

A tip, make videos around 5mins long and upload more of them instead of one long one. Much easier to watch and enjoy.

Video editing was good, music was good, though I like voice over commentary myself.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

In all honesty I didn’t like seeing you running p/d condi with D/P combined with SA as an offhand, but to each their own I suppose. I would work on dodging and timing, although I understand you were lagging in the video. Was entertaining to watch, though.

in Thief

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

A nice mix build that doesn’t go just for pure damage that can be killed by one wrong move, is more enjoyable to watch than a guy that pvp’s for 5 weeks and takes out his 5 perfect fights and claims he is pro.

I completely agree with this. All the anti SA since it’s not for pro’s shouting is just saddening.

For a chance against good opponents with the very high chance of getting adds, SA is what can still make the thief fun (for the whole session).

Sure it’s nice to run a more ‘pure’ damage spec and pwn noobs in your perfect cut video. But that’s not what most of us are doing out there when we play. I play for fun and quite often I respec ‘back’ to SA since there is just too much adding / zerging going on to enjoy the purebred style..

Puz – TDA

in Thief

oEnvy.3064

I completely agree with this. All the anti SA since it’s not for pro’s shouting is just saddening.

For a chance against good opponents with the very high chance of getting adds, SA is what can still make the thief fun (for the whole session).

Sure it’s nice to run a more ‘pure’ damage spec and pwn noobs in your perfect cut video. But that’s not what most of us are doing out there when we play. I play for fun and quite often I respec ‘back’ to SA since there is just too much adding / zerging going on to enjoy the purebred style..

my issue wasn’t with sa more so other things. like the poor random dodges, missing cnds, straight up being saved by last refuge. you can be skilled with sa and it’s very easy to tell when one is however this doesn’t seem like one of those cases it just seems like they’re being straight up carried. and yeah I know what you’re talking about those no skill d/d instagib combo videos are disgusting and I hate that people think that’s skill.

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

I miss about 25-50% of my CnDs. Against good opponents, this happens. They know your best attack is CnD and should dodge, counter move, and use skills to stop it.

Last refuge is on my utility bar for two reasons: saving me. And saving allies. So using it to straight up save yourself like you said makes sense.

in Thief

oEnvy.3064

there were so many cnds missed for no apparent reason though lol, they weren’t even dodged.
on a side note there are obvious ways to help secure landing a cnd (immob, basi, ports) also you can holster it if you’re going to miss. ALSO, those definitely weren’t good opponents at all.

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

in Thief

Posted by: AsiraasiB.7165

AsiraasiB.7165

Sa is there for a reason, regen, condi removal, blinds on stealth, initiative regaining, etc.
only other line that comes close to doing that is acrobatic. .. so you pretty much choose one or the other….

and its kinda stupid, if youre a roamer, or 1v1er not to take sa really.
if you have a good group and not pugs, id take acrobats anyday….

everyone is running cheese these days. . power rangers lb.. condi or power 1hit engi…warriors are cheese all the way around. ….

so in wvw i sa and im no scrub

in Thief

Posted by: AsiraasiB.7165

AsiraasiB.7165

how about we just remove SA….

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I watched the video but i wont comment on it as there has already been a few post’s about it.

I am confused when people still say SA carry’s people because doesn’t full acro do the same dam thing lol? in fact i find that i survive longer with acro because of the never ending dodging and with that signet of agility you shouldn’t run out of dodges. and lets not forget whats a better trade of, 300 armour with stealth traits or 3k health passive condi removal and a hell of vigor income?

I also watched your video too, @oEnvy. And I think its easier to survive in full acro then it is full sa because you are free to dodge when ever you want, even random dodges to get the 10% dmg but you are not free to land CnD all of the time, people miss them, a random agi pops up, or a blind or even a legit dodge.

I am not defending the SA tree nor am i saying its good, i am just saying full acro is just as, if not more “cheese” (what ever that means) as going full SA.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

You don’t need full SA for sustain, especially when running D/P.
P/D does not need full SA either, if you’re geared with Dire/Rabid gear and such.

I think you need at least 3 in acro for Feline grace, when running S/x itself.

A tip, make videos around 5mins long and upload more of them instead of one long one. Much easier to watch and enjoy.

Agree with this, I think people who apparently ‘like’ those long montages, are not genuinely enjoying the entire video. Don’t expect perfect videos, against the most challenging opponents, often you’ll make a mistake, or you don’t capture every good fight you have.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

I watched the video but i wont comment on it as there has already been a few post’s about it.

I am confused when people still say SA carry’s people because doesn’t full acro do the same dam thing lol? in fact i find that i survive longer with acro because of the never ending dodging and with that signet of agility you shouldn’t run out of dodges. and lets not forget whats a better trade of, 300 armour with stealth traits or 3k health passive condi removal and a hell of vigor income?

I also watched your video too, @oEnvy. And I think its easier to survive in full acro then it is full sa because you are free to dodge when ever you want, even random dodges to get the 10% dmg but you are not free to land CnD all of the time, people miss them, a random agi pops up, or a blind or even a legit dodge.

I am not defending the SA tree nor am i saying its good, i am just saying full acro is just as, if not more “cheese” (what ever that means) as going full SA.

I would have to disagree. In my opinion, SA allows for more passive play, with passive condi removal and healing. It’s much easier to play than Acro, which has less condi removal and more offensive play. Acro is harder to play due to you actually having to do something to get results, but if played correctly can be more rewarding. However, this balances out, so I don’t think Acro is cheese. Neither is SA (unless it’s d/p or p/d condi imo) but SA is easier to play.

in Thief

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

how is playing SA in 2015 something to be proud of I don’t understand what you mean. anyway this is okay gameplay just very sloppy at times, SA outright carried you from dying many times. you random dodge more than me and i’m an acro thief lol.

I absolutely hate SA (to the point that I have a troll PU mesmer named Shadow Arts Thief). That said, don’t be so harsh on this guy…

If you want to talk about sloppy game play, look at your new video (https://youtu.be/HXYCQ6QjcK4?t=1m45s) at 1:48. You literally run into a churning earth and CnD against shocking aura. Really? Really?!? And you’re lecturing someone about missing CnD’s? I’d rather miss a CnD than land one like that.

Seriously though, both of your videos have some nice fights.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

If you want to talk about sloppy game play, look at your new video (https://youtu.be/HXYCQ6QjcK4?t=1m45s) at 1:48. You literally run into a churning earth and CnD against shocking aura. Really? Really?!? And you’re lecturing someone about missing CnD’s? I’d rather miss a CnD than land one like that.

Seriously though, both of your videos have some nice fights.

Eh while I probably would’ve just dodged the churning, I assume Beyond was gonna CnD and then interrupt the churning with the stealth attack. It just happened that the ele used shocking aura when the CnD was around 1/2 cast (1:49 in Beyond’s video). That would give Beyond 1/4 a second to realize the aura was active and stow weapon or dodge. Maybe on a very good day you’re making that play and its easy to see in the video what happens, but its definitely different from missing CnDs against targets who aren’t dodging them or really moving to avoid them either. If the ele did it on purpose then its a fantastic play by the ele and perhaps a slight misplay by Beyond, but its not nearly as bad as you’re making it out to be.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

(edited by Helly.2597)

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Oh dont get me wrong, the Shadows embrace is a much more superior condi cleanser then pain response but you still have to land CnD to use it.

I have played both defensive trail lines but and prefer the acro line because like you said, it is more active and , more exciting for me. I find acro is also less predicting and more for the enemy to work at too because when you see a stealth abuser you have a much better idea when they will burst where as acro you are all over the place.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Since this thread is now an SA vs. acro thread, I just want to say that I think acro is just as forgiving as\ SA against anything other than full condi builds. I don’t think either is easier to play than the other.

I do think SA promotes slower play because you sit in stealth for a lot longer to reap the benefits. This often works to the detriment of your team because you contribute nothing while sitting in stealth.

On the point of the video, I think most of the criticisms are fair. There are some glaring gameplay mistakes. On top of that, I don’t think there’s much interest for a P/D 20606 video to begin with.

Second Child

in Thief

Posted by: alccode.1297

alccode.1297

A lot of people already addressed the early criticism by oEnvy and shadowpass but I must say that saying things like “SA carried you” and “lucky last refuge” is pretty nonsensical. It’s not like they’re some cheap external factor. “Being carried” applies when other players carry you. You can’t be carried by skills you use. You just win using the skills you have.

“Lucky last refuge” is especially ludicrous. Last refuge is be definition meant to be used as a L-A-S-T R-E-F-U-GE. If you can’t pop it when in trouble and need some help, how are you “supposed” to use it that isn’t scrubby?

The bottom line here I think is that there is a difference between suggesting ways in which to improve gameplay (though in this case it wasn’t asked for), versus flat out knocking someone for not being “perfect”. As others pointed out, the critics themselves aren’t flawless in their own videos.

For me, I found it especially impressive how OP came so close to dying several times, but pulled fast ones just in time to get back into the fight. That last refuge where he hid in the corner was pretty impressive. Very good stuff. The results speak for themselves. Much more impressive than a “good” player who wins without being in danger, because that just shows his opponents were particularly bad.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

A lot of people already addressed the early criticism by oEnvy and shadowpass but I must say that saying things like “SA carried you” and “lucky last refuge” is pretty nonsensical. It’s not like they’re some cheap external factor. “Being carried” applies when other players carry you. You can’t be carried by skills you use. You just win using the skills you have.

“Lucky last refuge” is especially ludicrous. Last refuge is be definition meant to be used as a L-A-S-T R-E-F-U-GE. If you can’t pop it when in trouble and need some help, how are you “supposed” to use it that isn’t scrubby?

The bottom line here I think is that there is a difference between suggesting ways in which to improve gameplay (though in this case it wasn’t asked for), versus flat out knocking someone for not being “perfect”. As others pointed out, the critics themselves aren’t flawless in their own videos.

For me, I found it especially impressive how OP came so close to dying several times, but pulled fast ones just in time to get back into the fight. That last refuge where he hid in the corner was pretty impressive. Very good stuff. The results speak for themselves. Much more impressive than a “good” player who wins without being in danger, because that just shows his opponents were particularly bad.

Do you know what LR is or does? There is no activation process. It activates automatically for you when you reach a certain health threshold. You’re confusing this with Shadow Refuge.

OP’s video is decent. SA genuinely did carry most of these fights. Not a discredit to the OP, just saying anyone not using the trait line wouldn’t have done nearly as well with that kind of play. There were some ups and downs in the video. My gripes are further with the use of P/D, though. Obviously overpowered set is obviously overpowered.

in Thief

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Watch me gank people while they are busy doing other things…

Then again it is a thief video so why should I be surprised.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I like it.

If people want perfect solo roaming vids go make one and show us how its done.

in Thief

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

I’ll run SA every so often when roaming just due to the kitten high chance I’m going to get extras in the fight or zerged down. Really though it shouldn’t have to carry you through fights. Dodging the actual attacks instead of randomly dodging after you eat one is kind of important.

Also, the intro. Why. Why?

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Thief

Eremes Guile.1480

6/0/6/0/6. /dance

Hottest Thief [Ever]