bitfrost or the dreamer?

bitfrost or the dreamer?

in Thief

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

Im gunna go for legendary for my thief. Which one should I go for?

bitfrost or the dreamer?

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Neither. Wait for the new Shortbow.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

bitfrost or the dreamer?

in Thief

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Go for the one you are gonna be seeing the majority of the time.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

bitfrost or the dreamer?

in Thief

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

lol like waiting for another 10 years? the interval is probably 3 new one every 6 month to 1 year good luck waiting.

bitfrost or the dreamer?

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

lol like waiting for another 10 years? the interval is probably 3 new one every 6 month to 1 year good luck waiting.

Yes, like waiting for another 10 years. My personal opinion is Incinerator is the only good Thief legendary currently unless you intentionally want to look silly. Nevermore is cool if you’re a Sylvari and wanna beat people with a stick but I ended up not liking staff and going back to condi daggers.

I also dislike others using the Dreamer near me because of the sound effect,

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

bitfrost or the dreamer?

in Thief

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

Neither. They both look like kitten…

bitfrost or the dreamer?

in Thief

Posted by: Xeyon.6419

Xeyon.6419

As someone who has both, I’d probably say Bifrost, but both have pros and cons in my eyes.

Dreamer:

Pros-
-Not as common as other legendaries,
-Has among the largest number of effects for a single legendary : Footfalls + projectile mod and sound effect + draw sound and animation + active arm auras + active pony rainbow trail + growing tassels in WvW based on kills without dying + colored glass effects on the wings
-Flashy so it won’t go unnoticed
-Trail is gorgeous with thief mobility and flips.
-Shortbow is the staple weapon of thief and has been since launch. Vanilla weapon means any spec can use it.

Cons-
-Requires you have pink, or complementary colors to pink , in your armor setup.
-Ponies do get annoying after the billionth time you’ve heard it. and with that….
-Pony noise gets culled but the projectile doesn’t, so the sound effect gets sporadic, which can add to its annoyance.
-Doesn’t work with some whirl finishers any more because reasons.
-Doesn’t have a full aura, and the amount of effects can seem like the weapon is largely an after thought

Bifrost

Pros-
-Beautiful trail and weapon effects. Just the level of detail put into the staff is impressive. -Subpoint: It has different cut prisms that rotate around the head of the staff. With higher game settings, these prisms pick up and refract the rainbow color aura if you catch a glimpse of it at the right angle.
-Aura trails extremely nicely, and the footfalls are subtle, but still very appealing.
-Staff is usable, and frankly is usually the best weapon, on WAYYYYY more professions than shortbow. Making a bifrost means all your toons get a legendary, not just your thief and your ranger (*giggle).
-Projectiles are nifty on classes that have access to them
-Aura is gorgeous with thief mobility and flips.

Cons-
-So my biggest con here for thief, is that the effects of bifrost DON’T replace the weapon effects tied to your profession skills, and is one of the only legendaries like this. What this means is that when you swing it, you have the blue/red thief staff swing effect overtop of your rainbow aura trail effect. Since isn’t a problem on caster classes, it wasnt implemented to cover up the existing effects. This muddles your effects, and is irritating if you don’t like it.
-Alot more expensive, and in demand.
-As such, very common.
-Effects can go unnoticed, some could say not flashy enough (I wouldn’t personally)
-Limits you to only daredevil, not that anet hasn’t already done that for you.
-Projectiles aren’t appealing to some people, but that is mainly a complaint of elementalists from what I’ve seen.

Hope this helps! Overall, I’d def say bifrost. You’ll get the most use out of it across your characters.

(edited by Xeyon.6419)

bitfrost or the dreamer?

in Thief

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

there is only one good-looking legendary and its greatsword, unfortunately everyone and their mother have it so even if you could use it, it is not a good option

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide