bo staff

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: nathan goossen.9546

nathan goossen.9546

so how do you get the feather and lucky coin for the collection?
and what mobs drop it or sotming?

thx in advance

Naomi DragonFury

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Leticron.7945

Leticron.7945

I got the feathers out of a wyvern bag. They seem to be a relatively common drop. Nothing out of the ordinary. The Coin you get from any pirate mob in central tyria.

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

I got my Coin from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloody_Bill%27s_Base here, tons of Pirates spawn there, Feather dropped from Tengu, I suggest looking that Tengu base which is in front of Tarir.

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: KimberSniper.5312

KimberSniper.5312

got the coin after 2 mob kills in bloodtide, then the item from guzzlemouth is easy and only costs 5k karma, still trying to get the feather, and hoping dragon stand items wont be too hard.

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Feather drops from Tengu in Auric Basin.
Coin drops from Pirates

they both give pretty obvious hints in the descriptions…

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Where di you guy find Tengus in Auric Bassin ?
Only found one easily accessible, which kinda limits farming them.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: KimberSniper.5312

KimberSniper.5312

indeed i would love to know where the tengu are there.

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

struggling with getting a silver reward in that bug challenge, do you need like lvl 4 gliding?

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

bo staff

in Thief

Nocta.5274

I used this video for the Bug in the branches challenge

As for the Tengus, I found a few by going south from the East watch waypoint, gliding to stay on the high sides. They’re all veterans, be careful.

I’m 8/14 so far for getting the staff.
Map completion is tricky, I’m close to finishing Verdant brick, but Arenanet locked the last hero challenge behind Nuhoch lvl 5.

Still need the part from dragonstand, then all the mastery gated stuff ( stealth gliding, exalted gathering ( ouch ), Nuhoch stealth detection )

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

(edited by Nocta.5274)

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Zephyro.4527

Zephyro.4527

there are a few tengus north of eastwatch waypoint in auric basin, around the hero challenge. i got my feather from there

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Doctor Drew.4613

Doctor Drew.4613

Does the silver medal for Bugs in the Branches have to be obtained by the thief, or can i get it as any of my toons? Because if i’m supposed to be able to get it as anybody then mine is bugged….

bo staff

in Thief

Nocta.5274

You probably can obtain it on any characters but I’m fairly certain you have to open the box on your thief.

I’m 10/14 now. I completed Verdant brick and got the Thief’s cache, and I finished Stealth gliding. Still need exalted gathering and Nuhoch stealth detection.

Anyone knows anything about the Daredevil’s Inscription and the Machiend Staff ?

Characters :
Europe, Vizunah.

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

You probably can obtain it on any characters but I’m fairly certain you have to open the box on your thief.

I’m 10/14 now. I completed Verdant brick and got the Thief’s cache, and I finished Stealth gliding. Still need exalted gathering and Nuhoch stealth detection.

Anyone knows anything about the Daredevil’s Inscription and the Machiend Staff ?

What is the Machiend Staff? I’ve heard there’s supposed to be a recipe included with our Elite completion but in that other thread no one’s received it.

Kash
NSP

bo staff

in Thief

Nocta.5274

Machined Staff *

I dunno exactly what it is, but its tied to the dragon’stand map.

Also, completing your elite spec gives you the Daredevil’s Scarf, and supposedely the Darevil’s runes recipe. If you didn’t get the recipe, you can buy it at the laurels vendors.

Characters :
Europe, Vizunah.

bo staff

in Thief

kash.9213

Machined Staff *

I dunno exactly what it is, but its tied to the dragon’stand map.

Also, completing your elite spec gives you the Daredevil’s Scarf, and supposedely the Darevil’s runes recipe. If you didn’t get the recipe, you can buy it at the laurels vendors.

Thank you much. I’ve looked around vendors and to see if it just automatically entered into my recipe book, I’m sure I’m just stumbling around and I’ll figure it out. That Machine Staff isn’t bad looking, that look is a bit recycled but that’s okay, the sets look reminds me of Thundercats or Voltron maybe.

Kash
NSP

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Leticron.7945

Leticron.7945

I didn’t get a recipe with the scarf but was able to buy said recipe from the laurel vendor once i had the DD unlocked completely.

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Spinex.3695

Spinex.3695

It is a lot of work for a staff. I was about to start this until I noticed how much stuff had to be done. Why make it so hard?

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

You mean the pirate coin? I got it without even trying. I got it from a pirate drop in Timberline Falls.

bo staff

in Thief

kash.9213

It is a lot of work for a staff. I was about to start this until I noticed how much stuff had to be done. Why make it so hard?

It is but it’s mostly to show off the skin. Although, looking ahead at grinding another crafting profession and then trying to make an Ascended in the current HoT market is pretty clear to me that this mastery grind or hoping for a lucky drop are my two options for how little time I get to play. Much of the collection steps just kind of happen by consequence of doing all of your other stuff there anyway.

Just have fun in those maps for awhile and see what kind of surplus you have of everything after awhile then get more of a focus, most of those items are giveaways really.

Kash
NSP

(edited by kash.9213)

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

When I completed Daredevil, I was given the recipe for Superior Rune of the Dragonhunter rather than Superior Rune of the Daredevil. Not sure if that’s been fixed yet.

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

As for the Tengus, I found a few by going south from the East watch waypoint, gliding to stay on the high sides. They’re all veterans, be careful.

Map completion is tricky, I’m close to finishing Verdant brick, but Arenanet locked the last hero challenge behind Nuhoch lvl 5.

Still need the part from dragonstand, then all the mastery gated stuff ( stealth gliding, exalted gathering ( ouch ), Nuhoch stealth detection )

I am not sure if this was mentioned/realized yet but you can get map completion on VB with just Nuhoch lvl two, and maybe not even needing that.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

bo staff

in Thief

Nocta.5274

I am not sure if this was mentioned/realized yet but you can get map completion on VB with just Nuhoch lvl two, and maybe not even needing that.

You needed Nuhoch lvl 5 at the time I posted, but that particular hero challenge got changed to a simple commune with no requirement.

Characters :
Europe, Vizunah.

bo staff

in Thief

Posted by: Spinex.3695

Spinex.3695

It is but it’s mostly to show off the skin. Although, looking ahead at grinding another crafting profession and then trying to make an Ascended in the current HoT market is pretty clear to me that this mastery grind or hoping for a lucky drop are my two options for how little time I get to play. Much of the collection steps just kind of happen by consequence of doing all of your other stuff there anyway.

Just have fun in those maps for awhile and see what kind of surplus you have of everything after awhile then get more of a focus, most of those items are giveaways really.

The one thing I realise is that after the grind for exalted this and exalted that it is account unlocked, so once it is completed once it is over which makes it 70% easier in future.