in Thief

Posted by: OneUP.3024

OneUP.3024

Quantify [qT]

[bug] vault with quickness buggy

in Thief

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

I’m copy&pasting this from the update patch thread from myself regarding these vault bugs:

I personally feel like the animation is stretched out if that makes sense? Like its the same time-frame but the movement feels as if my character is hovering in the air for a bit. Its subtle but my muscle memory is just telling me its different. Maybe I’m just crazy.

With quickness its for sure not working properly tho lol. If you try to vault max distance the actual attack will go off at near 2/3 the distance in the air, completely missing the target while you land the full distance.

Going up ramps with it is busted because of LOS. If you are near the top of the ramp but not on the flat surface and try to vault max distance or so out onto the flat surface your character just stops in place by basically an invisible wall. The distance is not traveled. I did this at the royal terrace ramp going to the second floor.

Pancakes
Thief

(edited by TehHobNob.4687)

in Thief

Posted by: Freewind.5149

Freewind.5149

Can confirm that Vault animation is slower after this update. Something is serious wrong here.

in Thief

TehHobNob.4687

Yeah I’m convinced too. I put it in the ama thread they are doing in the general discussion forum.

Pancakes
Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Deathrubber.3861

Deathrubber.3861

cmon anet get ur kitten together.. besides the quickness bug itself, any nerf to vault in addition to the endurance nerf (CV, SoA) disables a whole build people like alot atm.

(edited by Deathrubber.3861)

in Thief

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Used to love staff thief… tried to play it last night, and it feels so awkward..

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

I dont like new vault.
1. sometimes it fails to activate because it req line of sight which is really weired and anoying.
2. Green Dmg are indicator is wrong for long jumps
2. vault is affected by slow whereas patchnotes say vault is affected only by quickness.

Staff is dead to me and iam very sad because i invested 2k gold to create legendary staff which is yet to be completed.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

TehHobNob.4687

Staff is dead to me and iam very sad because i invested 2k gold to create legendary staff which is yet to be completed.

I feel your pain dude. I finished nevermore a few months ago for daredevil alone haha.

Pancakes
Thief

in Thief

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Hello thiefs,

This bug is something Anet cannot fix, this happend to every leap skill in the game. thats why they implemented this change back in 2015:

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
Profession Skills
General:
Movement skills such as the warrior’s Savage Leap will no longer be affected by animation speed changes from quickness or slow.
——————————————————————————-
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-October-23-2015/first#post5694869

So in others words, Why did Anet let Vault work with quickness when they knew about this bug since the game start? and thats why they made this change about leaping skills and quickness… weird

in Thief

TehHobNob.4687

I would just like for some one to address the issue on one of its many forum posts. Here or reddit. Please just don’t tell me this was intended. It feels like my character is drunk.

Pancakes
Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

You’ll notice you can’t use Vault on flat open surfaces that are already known as buggy no-shadowstep areas.

An example would be that little plateau in DBL near South East Camp that stretches a good 5000-6000 units along the Cliffside bordering the southeast air shrine. You couldn’t steal/shadowstep/IA from here before, and now you can’t even vault in this area.

For those who don’t know, this isn’t a little sliver of walkway, its fairly wide.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

TehHobNob.4687

You’ll notice you can’t use Vault on flat open surfaces that are already known as buggy no-shadowstep areas.

An example would be that little plateau in DBL near South East Camp that stretches a good 5000-6000 units along the Cliffside bordering the southeast air shrine. You couldn’t steal/shadowstep/IA from here before, and now you can’t even vault in this area.

For those who don’t know, this isn’t a little sliver of walkway, its fairly wide.

I haven’t tried it yet but I am now assuming this applies to wvw bridges (like in hills inner), and the outside part of inner stonemist near the gates. Ports never worked there either. I honestly don’t think the LOS for vault was a good change to begin with. It was not abused to my knowledge.

Pancakes
Thief

(edited by TehHobNob.4687)

in Thief

Posted by: SlitheSlivier.1908

SlitheSlivier.1908

They came out with an update about 3 hours ago; in the notes (reply to the original patch notes post) it says vault is no longer affected by quickness. Being out of state currently, I cannot see if it is now working properly; can anyone check?

in Thief

Deathrubber.3861

well they removed the quickness bug, but whats waay worse: vaults cast is still longer then before. which means they either dont get it or intended to slow it down without mentioning it in the patch notes. again: the endurance nerf was hard but fair, but nerfing vault as well was the wrong decision.

So even with the new code for vault, this skill is now worse then before.
And this is not Body Shot, Dancing Dagger or Needle Trap. Vault makes a whole build and the only alternative to d/p meta. I think u will lose thief players like this.

in Thief

Posted by: Ramirez.3760

Ramirez.3760

Do they plan to update vault into a proper new version with quickness, or just going to keep it as it was?

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

YO literally this Vault “Fix” better be temporary. This Bullspit aint flying with me. Vault as it is right now is SLOWER than the actual slow condition (Exaggeration). But it’s SLOW. FIX IT.

The quickness nerf isn’t all that better either. Now if we fight outnumbered with staff, we can’t fast cleave a downed.

Get it together Anet.

EDIT: Either Increase our evasion frames to compensate for the slow kittylitter, or fix your spit

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

(edited by AikijinX.6258)

in Thief

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

My double and triple 10k vaults perform just fine without quickness… Some of you just need to appreciate broken ez mode damage designs better and move on.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Thief

Swagger.1459

YO literally this Vault “Fix” better be temporary. This Bullspit aint flying with me. Vault as it is right now is SLOWER than the actual slow condition (Exaggeration). But it’s SLOW. FIX IT.

The quickness nerf isn’t all that better either. Now if we fight outnumbered with staff, we can’t fast cleave a downed.

Get it together Anet.

EDIT: Either Increase our evasion frames to compensate for the slow kittylitter, or fix your spit

You posting this, while making threads attempting to brag about your current thief build, seems funny…

Edit- I always find stuff like this, and the mentality behind it, interesting to read…

On one hand you say… “They’ve already Nerfed us to the GROUND” regarding thief, but then say stuff like… “Here’s another screeny, for luls. 1 shotted, full health Teef. And full health Ele”… and “The Montage will include Outnumbered fights, More 1 Shot Bursts”…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Thief

Posted by: Fenda.1398

Fenda.1398

Regarding the interaction of quickness with Vault: it is kind of funny yet sad that ArenaNet simply didn’t see this coming. I mean – they developed this game. They disabled the interaction of movement skills with Slow and Quickness for this exact reason, yet they reenable such interaction without changing the way they interact? Cruel joke.

Regarding the new Vault: The skill casts exact the same time as before. The animation takes the exact same time as before. The damage is done at the exact same time as before. The only thing that changed is that Vault now moves you with a steady speed to your target destination rather than snapping fast to it and staying still for the rest of the skill. The only thing different regarding Vaults function is that it cannot be weaponswap-cancelled anymore.

The new algorithm calculating the trajectory is awesome and please do not change it again. It is perfect.

To fix the issue with quickness: A movement skill needs to be sped up in animation AND execution. if the animation finishes half way through the execution, the movement part gets cut short and thus the movement needs to be sped up as well.

in Thief

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

The only thing different regarding Vaults function is that it cannot be weaponswap-cancelled anymore.

Which is a horrible change. Now every thief that used staff as a secondary has to deal with a stupid clunky animation. Thief vs. Thief is now a farce. You can’t bait steal with a vault cancel. Instead your opponent now gets a guaranteed pulmonary impact+ backstab on you. No reason to use staff over shortbow now.

(edited by Elegant Avenger.8042)

in Thief

Swagger.1459

Actually, the post I quoted in this thread was my very first direct response to you aikijinx. Also, crossing paths and killing your pixels is hardly stalking… that’s how it’s done in wvw.

As to the topic and your original response I quoted… I have a thief and you are niggling about vault? It’s a top tier weapon skill that can be spammed for a lot of damage… and already provides an evade, but you are asking for more evade on high damage and high evade thief builds?… That’s neither logical or objective, but not surprising since your list of wanted thief buffs makes it seem like thief is in a bad spot… all while forgetting that you are touting your “1 shot” build.

If you want to have an objective conversation on this topic I’ll respond, but it seems you’d rather have thief carried by introducing more op buffs to an already good profession, as opposed to having more balanced designs.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Thief

Deathrubber.3861

i witness more and more bugs with vault. there are lots of scenarios in pvp and pve where vault does not work properly.