caltrops on dodge?

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

Why the damage from caltrops from Uncatchable not remove stealth?

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: Arrow Storm.4618

Arrow Storm.4618

Why the damage from caltrops from Uncatchable not remove stealth?

you’re not actively attacking, it’s a “placed” AoE. aka, it’s not direct damage, and stealth is removed when you deal direct damage
reference: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stealth

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: wigs.9761

wigs.9761

lool, im guessing your not a thief. and you wanting them to nerf that next?

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

It does put you in combat, but as stated, it is placed, so won’t break stealth.

In b4 someone claims the thief was perma stealthed and their group of 5 died to caltrop damage.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

I “place” fire field aoe’s all the time and it always takes me out of stealth. something dont seem right.

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: Butch.4957

Butch.4957

I guess you play a ranger or something else because thieves do not have a fire field AoE. Keep in mind that most other classes only have a few seconds of stealth so it ends quickly and that could be the cause of u leaving stealth. We have a poison field AoE and i think that might take us out of stealth (never really tried that, always had more important skills to use while in stealth) but that is not part of your original question.

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I guess you play a ranger or something else because thieves do not have a fire field AoE. Keep in mind that most other classes only have a few seconds of stealth so it ends quickly and that could be the cause of u leaving stealth. We have a poison field AoE and i think that might take us out of stealth (never really tried that, always had more important skills to use while in stealth) but that is not part of your original question.

No it doesn’t because it doesn’t apply any power based direct damage, the same goes for Caltrops. The stolen Engineer skill Throw Gunk is an example of a field that does direct damage which is why it applies revealed.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

No it doesn’t because it doesn’t apply any power based direct damage, the same goes for Caltrops. The stolen Engineer skill Throw Gunk is an example of a field that does direct damage which is why it applies revealed.

it shouldnt….notwhile its on ground anyway. they need to change it back/fix

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Why should a field break the stealth? This is irrational.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

anything that does direct damage to a target, i.e. it has a hard damage number tacked to it, it will reveal you. if it just applies conditions, then it will not reveal you. caltrops on dodge just applies cripple and bleeding to a target, choking gas only applies poison to the target. no direct damage in ether case.

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

Some as regular calltrops and poisen field on shortbow 4 all apply conditions and can be used in stealth without revealing. They do not apply initial damage on hit but apply conditions.

Take clusterbomb as example which does damage “and” apply conditions. That direct damage done from cluster bomb is what reveals.

caltrops on dodge?

in Thief

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Most fire field aoe’s do direct damage as well as applying the condition Burn.

Caltrops do nothing but apply bleeding and cripple.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag