change steal from Engi

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

well, you know stealing from Engineers give us a “cool” > Throw Gunk skill which is mostly useless , I suggest we should get Throw Gear skill
What you think?

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Using D/P gives me Chaos Armor and my Heashot applies Confusion…. so no way. It’s fine as is.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Throw gunk has got to be my favorite stolen skill, pretty good with any kind of condi build

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Throw gunk has got to be my favorite stolen skill, pretty good with any kind of condi build

Yup. P/D applies a constant Confusion especially if the Engi uses turrets. Seeing Dancing Daggers bouncing back and forth applying Confusion is ridiculous. Not to mention other conditions that are applied just by throwing it.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

No thanks; Throw Gunk is my second-favorite stolen skill behind Consume Plasma.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I jump back an forth between WvW and Silverwastes for the most part where that gunk really helps to thin out the herd. Dancing daggers keeps the heads ringing if the badguys are mostly rapid fire or if the other player is playing by sequence and blows their load without thinking of the stacks their piling up.

Kash
NSP

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

tbh what really needs buffing is ice stab (stolen from ele)

given how eles got ways of passive condi removal outside of water now, chill from ice stab is absolutely useless… even if you wait for ele to leave water they still can remove chill easily (example burning fire trait)

imo, it should be chilling field, kind of like well

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Throw Gunk is my favorite. Go away.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: MatthiasL.5346

MatthiasL.5346

I think ice stab needs to be buffed /reworked as well as dodge out of whirling axe. Other stolen skills are fine.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Throw gunk is amazing combo field. No.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

If they removed initial direct damage would you be happy?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, it’s not great, but they don’t all need to be winners.

Considering that this is actually actually good for condition builds (which may be stronger later), I don’t think this should be changed.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

I actually quite like it :/
Confusion and chaos armor are both good and it’s also excellent for cleaving downed foes.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

I don’t think many folks think it’s bad, it’s just hard to play around and combo field since the area is so small.

Maybe if throw gunk did something like the following: “Initial target becomes Slimed (5s), and leaves behind a trail of gunk while moving.” That way if you hit someone it’s very easy to actually get the combo field off (And more than one condi from the gunk). Also gives players a reason to dodge the gunk.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Throw gunk is so bad, some of the stolen abilities seem like a 3 year long practical joke.

The gunk field is so small, sure chaos armour is nice in theory but the duration is way too short, plus if you want the armour you would have to de target then throw it, then line yourself up on the spot to heart seeker while trying to avoid the numerous attacks that could quite easily kill you. The confusion from the field is not exactly useful for damage thieves plus how much initiaitive would you have to waste to get enough confusion stacks for it to be remotely threatening, confusion is not exactly burn. Headshot spam on gunk only works for condi heavy thieves that dont have to keep spending initiative to do damage.

If we are going to get an ability from engi how about the invulnerability? or something that is actually threatening to engies despite what damage type you are.

The Ice Shard is another one, often times the chill is gone the same instant you manage to land it. How about have the cooldown increase as a debuff that cant be removed. Even if the duration is 5 seconds, it is still a lot better.

Skull fear, come HoT that is going to be useless.

Healing seed, gawd healing seed, doesnt exactly do anything against pew pew rangers. Has its moments against condi rangers but you still cannot stand in bonfire. Not too sure why it has a cooldown with using impro.

Plasma is a a good example of a good ability, nice boon durations, Useful for fighting any class with any build offensively or defensively.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Throw gunk on side point vs engis is a win.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

gunk counters supply crate for me, also the combo field it provides is to awesome to be removed.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

throw gunk is amazing on power build if you throw it on someone down it nuke them for you.

change steal from Engi

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I find throw gunk one of the more useful steals. In power builds it rather easy to get chaos armor up. In condition builds using whirl attacks you can stack a whole lot of confusion. In my own build d/d I have enough time to leap and get that armor up and then do whirls for confusion.

Using d/d and DB with a thow gunk thrown in sends them running.

As to Chaos armor not lasting long enough? It lasts just as long as the mesmer skill by that name and the thief can get two of these off in a row. Pretty decent when that can grant you protection , regen . swiftness while putting out blind confusion and cripple.

That 5 seconds of armor has a 1 second internal recharge time meaning you can trigger 5 of these effets per cast , more if attacked by multiple enemies.

Chaos armor is also considered an Aura.

(the skill CHAOS armor on mesmer lasts 5 seconds as well and has a 35 second cooldown. Stealing Gunk a thief has higher access then a mesmer.)

Whats not to like?

(edited by babazhook.6805)