charr thief ?

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

does it have some disadvantages in pvp ?

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

Why would it have a pvp disadvantage? You can’t even use racials in pvp. Even if u could, no one does cuz they all suck…

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Tengu.5267

Tengu.5267

The animations are easy to see, with that said it doesn’t matter anymore. due to the new standard character model option.

Human Thief-CD

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

The animations are easy to see, with that said it doesn’t matter anymore. due to the new standard character model option.

It still matters in soloque.

So yes, it is disadvantage in PvP unless you’re only doing Teamque and every opponent you face enabled the standard enemy models in the options.

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

I mean, if someone cant see the animations on asura compared to charr, then they should get their sight checked… Its pretty easy to see your enemy flying at you in a heartseeker…

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I mean, if someone cant see the animations on asura compared to charr, then they should get their sight checked… Its pretty easy to see your enemy flying at you in a heartseeker…

An asura warrior dodge-jumping is almost the same as Earthshaker for example. Or try to notice an asura raising his staff 1.2k range away from you while you are in a teamfight.

A charr, on the other hand..

(edited by witcher.3197)

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

That’s not the animation anyone was having a hard time seeing…..sigh

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

DeathBlossom looks pretty bad kitten on a charr

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: CobOfCorn.6352

CobOfCorn.6352

It’s bigger than the other races, but doesn’t make too big of a difference in the long run. People should be able to see distinguish the different animations on all the races by now. You may get targeted earlier than you would if you were playing an asura, but you can work around that.

Ably

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Woaden.9425

Woaden.9425

I’ve met a few great charr thieves in my day, and while it’s true that larger models ‘telegraph’ their moves,, it’s not really much of a disadvantage.

The main reason for that is, other than the asura player who purposefully chooses the smallest model in order to exploit the animation/tell system, we’re all basically in the same boat. Seeing a human do the big windmill loopdeeloop with their arm to apply basilisk or hide in shadows is essentially just as telegraphed as a charr.

To avoid this, you just apply those things from within stealth, which you should be doing as a general rule of thumb anyhow!

The most annoying characters to me are purposefully ultrasmall afro asuras, I just know they are going to be bad news on sight.

Kole —Thief
youtube

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

I’ve met a few great charr thieves in my day, and while it’s true that larger models ‘telegraph’ their moves,, it’s not really much of a disadvantage.

The main reason for that is, other than the asura player who purposefully chooses the smallest model in order to exploit the animation/tell system, we’re all basically in the same boat. Seeing a human do the big windmill loopdeeloop with their arm to apply basilisk or hide in shadows is essentially just as telegraphed as a charr.

To avoid this, you just apply those things from within stealth, which you should be doing as a general rule of thumb anyhow!

The most annoying characters to me are purposefully ultrasmall afro asuras, I just know they are going to be bad news on sight.

I’m playing smallest size asura. You should try it sometime. I also have biggest sized charr.
The difference is not even that much in visibility. It’s how it feels. Charr feels like a slug. Asura feels like some hyper-mobile rocket.

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I’m playing smallest size asura. You should try it sometime. I also have biggest sized charr.
The difference is not even that much in visibility. It’s how it feels. Charr feels like a slug. Asura feels like some hyper-mobile rocket.

This is so true! After playing Asura for a few years everything else feel so slow… I have a Charr thief though, and she looks amazing!

Melder – Thief

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

This is so true! After playing Asura for a few years everything else feel so slow… I have a Charr thief though, and she looks amazing!

Too bad armour doesn’t look that good on charrs, I made a female charr thief a while ago and she is so hilariously clunky and weird, I decided to keep her (charr test run).

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

It’s a huge disadvantage to be a charr in a soloq, but I only play charrs, because manbeast-mode onlykkthnx

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Too bad armour doesn’t look that good on charrs, I made a female charr thief a while ago and she is so hilariously clunky and weird, I decided to keep her (charr test run).

The medium glorious armor doesn’t look half bad on charr. As far as I can tell, the glorious armor set is the only medium set without trenchcoats/skirts/buttcapes; just good old fashioned sin armor.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

FOOLS, Norn thief is best thief.

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

charr thief ?

in Thief

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

does it have some disadvantages in pvp ?

charr, norn, sylvari, human, everything that isn’t asura is at a disadvantage in pvp.