cleave on daggers

cleave on daggers

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

is it just me or is anyone getting tired of the cleave on daggers?

all u do now is stack conditions on your self when fighting mesmers lol

(edited by caveman.5840)

cleave on daggers

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

it is indeed annoying, especially when target and his allies have perma retal

i did say it will happen but ppl keep claiming it is huge buff

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

cleave on daggers

in Thief

caveman.5840

all it really did is take diversity from out weapon set … cant say that is ever a good thing

before we had sword for cleave and dagger for single target there was options

now if u want to attack single target the only weapon we have is pistol :l lol
and that’s with out the trait to ricochet

(edited by caveman.5840)

cleave on daggers

in Thief

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Indirect nerf to venom too, like it needed this. Now i waste my pityful stacks on turrets and AIs alike.

cleave on daggers

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I like the cleave on daggers a lot actually. Now I can cleave on a downed body being rezzed without having to swap to SB.

The “nerf” is only VERY situational. Also, you shouldn’t be fighting PU mesmers anyway, just laugh at them and leave: it’s not your fault if they can’t play.
Speaking of mesmers, the cleave is really good against shatters. Now if they use Decoy, they will still get hit (before, the clone bodyblocked the damage). And there are much more situations that make the dagger cleave a buff.
I really liked this change ^^

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

cleave on daggers

in Thief

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

It’s a buff for PVE, including taking camps solo. Theif is probably one of the best solo PVE classes.

Being a theif and being in cleave distance of multiple players in PvP/WvW is not usually a good idea anyway.

cleave on daggers

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I have definitely seen it as a buff especially for cleaving the downed and a rezzer

Also taking camps faster

cleave on daggers

in Thief

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

this is a not a full cleave to begin with, only 2 targets… So I think it’s a good change.
What’s weird however is that now Dagger AA chain does less DPS than the sword’s(while the sword hits more targets), and the side benefits(endurance+poison vs weakness/cripple) are pretty similarly rewarding.

cleave on daggers

in Thief

caveman.5840

ill agree to disagree u may call it a buff but i dont like it XD
if i had the choice i would say u can keep the buff to hunt downed players better.

just one more step away from the single target burst class we all started playing

venom share
support venom heal
cleave on daggers

(edited by caveman.5840)

cleave on daggers

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

this is a not a full cleave to begin with, only 2 targets… So I think it’s a good change.
What’s weird however is that now Dagger AA chain does less DPS than the sword’s(while the sword hits more targets), and the side benefits(endurance+poison vs weakness/cripple) are pretty similarly rewarding.

It’s a bit weird, but keep in mind that the sneak attack on dagger ‘compensates’ a bit for this, and also that dagger attacks much faster, which benefits procs substantially.

cleave on daggers

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’m gonna miss the finesse of single target daggers next time the Pavillion comes around. They were excellent of the Ogre boss.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter