come one please, nerf stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Direwind.8409

Direwind.8409

its totally insane how a class with stealth can just pop it and even when hit directly remain in stealth, classes like thief just stealth spam using cloak and dagger and reset a fight at will, it takes no great feat of skill to just spam stealth nonstop stabing a player who has no clue where you are.

yes I have an 80 thief.

Stealth should not remove target lock, you should regain lock once they appear.
stealth should not be stackable.
stealth should be removed when they attack and are blocked.
any and all action from stealth should remove stealth.
if you take a direct hit (not aoe) you should have stealth removed.

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’d be able to live with all those but the last one, unless cleaves also aren’t allowed. Otherwise all one would have to do is spam auto attacks and render all stealth sets but P/D useless.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Make a thief and learn to play with it. You will realize they are not over powered at all. Stealth and 1-target burst is pretty much all they have.

in Thief

Dual.8953

Make a thief and learn to play with it. You will realize they are not over powered at all. Stealth and 1-target burst is pretty much all they have.

Um. You may want to re-read what he posted.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

It’s really not OP at all. If you’re having issue with it, roll a thief for awhile and play to understand its weaknesses.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

i havve a80thief they r invncble!!!!!11!!1!!11!!

pls..
this kind of junky threads should be removed. They spawn like mushrooms after the rain. Where the hell are mods?.
The very annoying class in this game is the rosik guy. I guess you just smelted by a bad thief. Then delete them, of course.

in Thief

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

engineers > thieves

Theftwind (HoD)

in Thief

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

yes I have an 80 thief.

You should make that the title so people would actually read the post…

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Thief

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

yes I have an 80 thief.

You should make that the title so people would actually read the post…

Theres really no need to…there has been so many posts like this that nothing new will come from it. Its just beating a dead horse at this point. Either way good luck getting stealth changed.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Thief

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

There are some valid points, such as:
1) if a ANYONE is targeted and stealths, when he re-appears, he should have the target back on him. Imagine if every time when a mesmer did a clone-dodge, the target reticule came off? It’d be quite annoying!
2) if ANYONE is in stealth and it attacks, it should remove stealth no matter what. Hit, miss, block, evade, etc.
3) If they are hit in stealth, then at least something (even a noise) should be made to indicate that you at least HIT the thief, without going to the combat log. Maybe not knock them out of stealth, but at least let you know you hit (blood drip, etc)

I play with stealth on my mesmer all the time, and it is probably the most powerful form on stealth in any MMO I’ve played (lotro and sw:tor before this), mostly because the stealth is entirely incombat, can be spammed constantly, and what is mentioned above. However, stealth is OP, by any means. It’s annoying, and slightly inbalanced, regardless of the class with stealth.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Thief

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

Yep any class that can take on 3 or more people at once and live needs a nerf bat, and I mean any class that fits this situation.

in Thief

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Yep any class that can take on 3 or more people at once and live needs a nerf bat, and I mean any class that fits this situation.

check youtube, every class has vids of people doing that

in Thief

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

engineers > thieves

the problem isn’t thief<X but stealthing/Heartseekering to the other side of the map without you being able to see the target. its just to easy to get out of fights. I want stealth to be nerfed as much as rangers will be nerfed in the next 2 patches and that is coming from some1 who mains a stealth class.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I play troll thief right now and a can get away from almost any fight, but it comes at a cost. Not only will any good player kill me but I am lucky to get to kill anyone since my dps is so low. I have played other specs, but have the most fun trolling even though I don’t get as many kills.

Other specs played – no stealth dodger – full stealth
no stealth is the hardest to play for sure, but its kills make people feel sooo stupid and in this spec your not going to catch me if i want to get away.
full stealth is the most dangerous spec to play because one stun or one aoe on your refuge and your dead.

I don’t think you have really spent any time on a thief what you should prolly complain about is insta gib spec if they nerf stealth then you will just be killed before you even know you are in a fight. Maybe that’s the issue though did a thief make you feel dumb.

I have never played insta gib…. because I like to play with my prey.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in Thief

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

tbh Ao£ should get them out of stealth too.

i agree though, stealth is stupid in this game, more so then any other I`ve played by a long shot.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Thief

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

The points I agree with are revealing when they take action against you or if you hit them in stealth. Although it is fun to sometimes unleash a nice fire 3-4 combo and see them downed nearby when they unstealth. Other than that stealth is not that bad of a mechanic.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in Thief

Nuka Cola.8520

i agree though, stealth is stupid in this game, more so then any other I`ve played by a long shot.

You know the only game in which stealth is as OP or even more OP? Crysis 3 and that isn’t a game that is trying to push for esports. LOL anet with their pro balancing not seeing the primary OP thing of gw2, not even after 12 freaking months (more actually, because they had tones of betas). Where is the original gw1 team? i don’t want current crap…

in Thief

Dual.8953

Then explain how a thieves are supposed to sustain combat? Damage breaking stealth would break thieves. All that would remain are a few stubborn backstabs in wvw. No one with a brain would take them in any mode, pvp or pve.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Nuka Cola.8520

Then explain how a thieves are supposed to sustain combat? Damage breaking stealth would break thieves. All that would remain are a few stubborn backstabs in wvw. No one with a brain would take them in any mode, pvp or pve.

and why do you think 99.7% of solo roamers are all playing thieves in wvw? Because even if you’ve been surprised by a whole zerg you can always stealth and get out easily while on another class (even those with good mobility such as a warrior) you will have a hard as kitten time if that zerg decides to kill you. I do agree that target shouldn’t be revealed when being hit but not getting the reveal debuff when hitting a target that blocks your hit is a joke to the point i don’t understand wtf is anet doing. This isn’t even a nerf if its added, this is how it should’ve been since freaking beta weekends.

in Thief

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

First off anyone that plays a thief knows most of the dmg comes from out of stealth attacks sep maybe sword. The block you guys are talking about is from agis a magical invis shield that most often isn’t even cast so get over it. You were killed by a thief play better, don’t put yourself in bad positions, and play something other than bunker its fail.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in Thief

Nuka Cola.8520

First off anyone that plays a thief knows most of the dmg comes from out of stealth attacks sep maybe sword. The block you guys are talking about is from agis a magical invis shield that most often isn’t even cast so get over it. You were killed by a thief play better, don’t put yourself in bad positions, and play something other than bunker its fail.

Seriously? you’re explaining what Aegis is? Not surprised you’re telling every1 to l2p when they’re giving you valid reasons why stealth is too much…

in Thief

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I’d agree with you on that part (and if an attack is evaded) but other than that.. seems fine. Annoying to fight against, but fine.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Thief

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

I have to agree that it is time to nerf stealth or thief’s damage. Most likely both, having heavy armor high toughness and an armor rating over 3500 while still getting hit for 6k back stabs is not right.

I agree with the ideas the original poster made, would also be fine with a new mechanic being introduced to nerf thief’s. Make it so when they are stealthed it exhausts them giving them a %60 damage reduction for 15 seconds after coming out of stealth.

Or the original posters ideas would work as well.

(And yes I have a lvl 80 thief)

in Thief

Dual.8953

I have to agree that it is time to nerf stealth or thief’s damage. Most likely both, having heavy armor high toughness and an armor rating over 3500 while still getting hit for 6k back stabs is not right.

I agree with the ideas the original poster made, would also be fine with a new mechanic being introduced to nerf thief’s. Make it so when they are stealthed it exhausts them giving them a %60 damage reduction for 15 seconds after coming out of stealth.

60% damage reduction out of stealth is extremely heavy handed. If you have an 80 thief, you obviously have never done anything with it but run D/x in WvW. This’d destroy thief in PvE and be a major hit in PvP.
(One again, the direct damage is extreme too)

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Couple months ago maybe this thread flies, but speed warriors, condi anything and a half dozen other builds have surpassed the thief as most scary in the game. I have considered retiring the class until this condi situation clears up. Getting near a necro right now is crazy dangerous.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Finally somebody makes arguments and possibilities without asking to remove stealth and bury the class.
Some of the tips make sense in my opinion if there is some kind of buff in other skills.
Best,

Haltair, one of the twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in Thief

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Why do you keep making the same post over and over OP?

in Thief

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

Why do you keep making the same post over and over OP?

a thief killed him in wvw

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Thief

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

its totally insane how a class with stealth can just pop it and even when hit directly remain in stealth, classes like thief just stealth spam using cloak and dagger and reset a fight at will, it takes no great feat of skill to just spam stealth nonstop stabing a player who has no clue where you are.

yes I have an 80 thief.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/The-change-that-needs-to-be-made-to-stealth/first#post2720016

Been playing my thief a lot of late, and I feel stealth needs to be balanced.

here are afew changed that would put it inline.

:Any direct hit removes stealth(Not aoe or cleave)

:Any action performed in stealth that is an attack or skill activation will reveal you for half a second. (this also means stomping)

:An attack that is blocked will reveal you for half a second.

:You cannot stack stealth

:you cannot gain stealth by way of attacking keep doors or walls.

:your enemy no longer loses his target when you stealth, when you appear from stealth they regain their lock on

:Aoe damage you take while in stealth will leave a blood spatter on the floor.

16 Hours apart, in the same forum….a bit much?

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I have 900 hours on my thief.

No. L2P and dw/it

in Thief

Posted by: Forz.1725

Forz.1725

yes I have an 80 thief.

I don’t believe you.

Elementalist – Pancake Tragedy

in Thief

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Strangely it didn’t break stealthers in most of the other MMO’s with Stealth Breaking on Damage, and they didn’t have the option of instantly restealthing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Thief

Forz.1725

Strangely it didn’t break stealthers in most of the other MMO’s with Stealth Breaking on Damage, and they didn’t have the option of instantly restealthing.

This isn’t “other MMO’s”. Currently, this is the hand that thieves are dealt and we are using the mechanics as they were implemented. Stealth has plenty of counters in this game, believe it or not. Perma stealth thieves in particular can be stopped dead in their tracks by using their blind field against them.

Try it.

(edited by Forz.1725)

in Thief

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

This isn’t “other MMO’s”. Currently, this is the hand that thieves are dealt and we are using the mechanics as they were implemented. Stealth has plenty of counters in this game, believe it or not. Perma stealth thieves in particular can be stopped dead in their tracks by using their blind field against them.

Try it.

/facepalm

in Thief

Dual.8953

In other mmo’s thieves don’t have to actively avoid all damage, and don’t have most of their strongest moves tied to stealth. In those games, stealth is designed to be purely as an openner. In guild wars, stealth is designed as mindgame trick at the core of thief’s combat style, not unlike Mesmer clones. Stealth is to be used to reposition and flank your opponent, but it is also warning that a powerful hit is coming. Clever opponents win the mindgame, those that refuse to awknowledge it get punished for thier ignorance.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Conan.8046

In other mmo’s thieves don’t have to actively avoid all damage, and don’t have most of their strongest moves tied to stealth. In those games, stealth is designed to be purely as an openner. In guild wars, stealth is designed as mindgame trick at the core of thief’s combat style, not unlike Mesmer clones. Stealth is to be used to reposition and flank your opponent, but it is also warning that a powerful hit is coming. Clever opponents win the mindgame, those that refuse to awknowledge it get punished for thier ignorance.

Stealth isn’t designed for openers? so your saying back stab isn’t one of the biggest hits in the game?
In other games your right they don’t have to dodge damage or use evades..oh wait they don’t in guild wars 2 either because its easier just to stealth again, which removes conditions and heals you. You can’t be attacked because they enemy can’t target you…now if you get caught in an AOE how is that NOT your fault.
Its nothing to do with a mind game, mesmer has clones, ignore them and kill the player.

in Thief

Dual.8953

Stealth isn’t designed for openers? so your saying back stab isn’t one of the biggest hits in the game?
In other games your right they don’t have to dodge damage or use evades..oh wait they don’t in guild wars 2 either because its easier just to stealth again, which removes conditions and heals you. You can’t be attacked because they enemy can’t target you…now if you get caught in an AOE how is that NOT your fault.
Its nothing to do with a mind game, mesmer has clones, ignore them and kill the player.

In other games thieves don’t have to evade because the coding says that attack missed because evade statistics. In GW2 a hit is a hit, and stealth does absolutely nothing to cushion that hit. A thief facetanking 100blades while visible will take just as much damage as a thief facetanking 100blades while invisible. The condi-removal on stealth is decent but can be overwhelmed easily by any class that can stack more then one condition (see engie and necro). If you haven’t figured out how to fight without a target you’re hopeless. All melee weapons in this game do not require a target. (If you’re skilled enough you’d also notice that projectiles don’t require a target either)
And you’ve just described the solution to the mind game of the mesmer. /facepalm
Identifying the real mesmer and attacking him/her.
The mind game for stealth is being ready to react. Protip, don’t blow your cooldowns when a dodge will do.

Backstab isn’t the biggest hit in the game, there are other skills that hit harder, especially if backstab is improperly aimed. Also being a single hit which has can only hit once, it’s able to be recovered from by anyone who knows what they’re doing.

/sigh
It’s like people these days have no idea how to identify and analyse.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Forz.1725

You can’t be attacked because they enemy can’t target you…now if you get caught in an AOE how is that NOT your fault.

Just because you can’t be targeted in stealth doesn’t mean you can’t be attacked, and not only by AoE. Use a melee weapon and attack where the thief would be going. Watch your auto attack chain progress through the chain.

Step into the blind field while a thief is trying to get his perma stealth going. Laugh as his heartseeker tickles you, he gets revealed, then proceed to punch him in the face. If he is smart and doesn’t try to heartseeker back into the blind field (where you will be standing), then his stealth will run out and he will be low on initiative.

This is a perfect example of how someone should learn how to play. Facepalm and complain all you want, but it works.

Edit: I noticed you post a lot in the engineer forums, so I assume you are an engineer. If that is the case, you should have ZERO problems versus a thief.

(edited by Forz.1725)

in Thief

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I dont mind nerfing stealth, yes thiefs are really annoying. But my “killing thief” tactics involves go to water. Because those perma thiefs are dead in the second whe they enter water.
But with new map design, it wont be possible anymore.

in Thief

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

You can’t direct target someone in stealth, unless it’s a channeled attack. The odds of having one of those going on while the thief goes into stealth is VERY slim.

There are several ways someone in stealth can take damage, and you may want to clarify this so that everyone understands what you mean. If you omit indirect damage from AoEs, omit cleaves, and only allow channeled attacks, then this is practically moot anyway.

I however DO agree with blocked attacks triggering revealed, as well as your other points to some extent, but thieves WILL need some other buffs to those builds that rely heavily on stealth. Nothing too unbalancing, but maybe some changes to increase survival just a tad.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Thief

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

60% damage reduction out of stealth is extremely heavy handed. If you have an 80 thief, you obviously have never done anything with it but run D/x in WvW. This’d destroy thief in PvE and be a major hit in PvP.
(One again, the direct damage is extreme too)

They can or so they claim separate it out, have it only affect WvW and possibly pvp. Or revamp the whole armor system, make it so heavy armor with lots of toughness makes a major impact. Right now toughness, and armor do not matter enough.

in Thief

Conan.8046

In other games thieves don’t have to evade because the coding says that attack missed because evade statistics. In GW2 a hit is a hit, and stealth does absolutely nothing to cushion that hit. A thief facetanking 100blades while visible will take just as much damage as a thief facetanking 100blades while invisible. The condi-removal on stealth is decent but can be overwhelmed easily by any class that can stack more then one condition (see engie and necro). If you haven’t figured out how to fight without a target you’re hopeless. All melee weapons in this game do not require a target. (If you’re skilled enough you’d also notice that projectiles don’t require a target either)
And you’ve just described the solution to the mind game of the mesmer. /facepalm
The mind game for stealth is being ready to react. Protip, don’t blow your cooldowns when a dodge will do.

Backstab isn’t the biggest hit in the game, there are other skills that hit harder, especially if backstab is improperly aimed. Also being a single hit which has can only hit once, it’s able to be recovered from by anyone who knows what they’re doing.

/sigh

= Just like thieves in GW2.

in Thief

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Thief

Conan.8046

http://www.twitch.tv/helsethgw2/c/2831244 – also worth listening. Later in the video he covers sword+dagger thieves.

in Thief

Zietlogik.6208

http://www.twitch.tv/helsethgw2/c/2831244 – also worth listening. Later in the video he covers sword+dagger thieves.

Yes, he has alot of good points, there was a thread here about it as well, that one of the pvp CMs looked foolish responding to

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Thief

Dual.8953

/sigh

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dodge

Thieves in this game don’t have that.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Zietlogik.6208

/sigh

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Evade

They have a ton of that though

in Thief

Dual.8953

/sigh

Are you daft? Evade in Guild Wars 2 doesn’t just happen. You have to actually evade. In Wow, the game decides for you if you evade. The Rogue player just stands there tanking like warrior, the Thief player reads the enemy’s tells and dodge rolls. One is automatic and one is manual.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Conan.8046

/sigh

Are you daft? Evade in Guild Wars 2 doesn’t just happen. You have to actually evade. In Wow, the game decides for you if you evade. The Rogue player just stands there tanking like warrior, the Thief player reads the enemy’s tells and dodge rolls. One is automatic and one is manual.

Your right if Wow was like GW2 dodge would have been tied to sinister strike and called evade.
You spam your attacks and evade automatically.

in Thief

Dual.8953

/sigh

Your right if Wow was like GW2 dodge would have been tied to sinister strike and called evade.
You spam your attacks and evade automatically.

Only 3 skills do that, (and 2 on spear), flanking strike; only dangerous one of the three, deathblossom; considered subpar as a condi skill, and disabling shot; a spacing tool not powerful enough to be considered a threat. Wow Rogue is pretty much a sneaky warrior with stealth. It has passive defenses so the player doesn’t have to do much to avoid damage. Just stand there and let everything miss. GW2 thief has none of that, every time you miss a thief in gw2, it’s either because you have poor aim, or the thief player made the effort to dodge your attack.
Thief in gw2 doesn’t nor will ever play like a warrior who face tanks your hits. Get over it or get out.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter