come one please, nerf stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

engineers > thieves

the problem isn’t thief<X but stealthing/Heartseekering to the other side of the map without you being able to see the target. its just to easy to get out of fights. I want stealth to be nerfed as much as rangers will be nerfed in the next 2 patches and that is coming from some1 who mains a stealth class.

Excuse me?

Why would you compare thief stealth to ranger’s “stealth”?

As a ranger, our “stealth doesn’t last more than 3 sec..” while your thief class mechanics revovles around ‘24/7’ stealths.

Any thieves here can tell you how ‘useless’ rangers ‘stealth’ is to them..
kitten, we rangers are still easy killable to you Op thieves, no matter what ‘changes’ we are given.

You nerfed our pets damage and mobility,

what now, make us run naked with a useless pet.. is that what you want?

What might get nerfed on Ranger is Spirits. Take a gander at SPvP Burnfall.

And I wouldn’t be Surprised, Dual.

In one note; Dev. Robert.H who was our last hope, was fired not too long ago.
Word has it, that his work and ideas were not appreciated.

Does this sound like a class to you called the Ranger class?

At the state of the moment, the ranger class permanent deaths is imminent at any give time.

At the end, it’ll be just you thieves and Arena.net; just the way it was supposed to be; Thief Wars 2.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

Lol @ OP: Another “thief” asking for a nerf. No one asks for a thief on their own class though. Nice try.

I do not find anything amusing especially when an honest thief screams, “foul play”.

I get it with you indeniable thieves, you don’t want no penalty, no fair play, no rules, no cooldown, no counter play whatsoever.

It all make sense now..

Thank You! for exposing your true intents and the truth.

(How many honest thieves will it take Arena.net to admit thier intents?
How many honest thieves will it take Arena.net to end this irony of thier godlike perfect mechanic class; thief, once and for all?)

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Thief

Posted by: Scribbles.3974

Scribbles.3974

i think what we can take away from this is best described by the joker, but in gw2 terms

“everything goes up in chaos when the unexpected happens, like, i could say a warrior is going to kill someone with his hundred blades combo because thats the order of the world, but when i say this thief is gonna use his stealth combos to kill that warrior, everyone looses their minds”

honestly, im sick of little cute, buggy eyed kittens, pointing the finger at the stealth class, ALL THE kittenING TIME, why is it always the stealth class that gets deemed op, oh i know why, because people dont understand how to counter it, what people dont understand they cry to the developers as being op “waaaaaaaaaa this character can invest lots of time into stealthing, almost like i invest lots of time into this combo but he can go invisible waaaaaaaaaa”

as for counter play, are you kidding me? there is an asston of counterplay in the meta right now, with condis alone……its not our fault you either play full bezerker gear because you want to burst someone down like a thief, which mind you has class mechanics to help them stay alive seeing as how thats what they are designed around, and then you end up dying, its not our fault you go on youtube and look at all the builds then go ingame and try to do them yourself to only fail, because that person on youtube made a video for 1 reason, because they are good at what they do, just like thieves, good thieves, make the class “op” or strong, ive seen, and killed, plenty of horrid thieves, ive also seen, and been killed by lots of quality thieves, not once did i scream “OP” because i myself took it upon myself to get better so i could beat those thieves

Dark Lotusblossom – 80 Thief
Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Scribbles.3974)

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

i think what we can take away from this is best described by the joker, but in gw2 terms

“everything goes up in chaos when the unexpected happens, like, i could say a warrior is going to kill someone with his hundred blades combo because thats the order of the world, but when i say this thief is gonna use his stealth combos to kill that warrior, everyone looses their minds”

honestly, im sick of little cute, buggy eyed kittens, pointing the finger at the stealth class, ALL THE kittenING TIME, why is it always the stealth class that gets deemed op, oh i know why, because people dont understand how to counter it, what people dont understand they cry to the developers as being op “waaaaaaaaaa this character can invest lots of time into stealthing, almost like i invest lots of time into this combo but he can go invisible waaaaaaaaaa”

What i find alarming in your post is that, you blame and insult your victims for crying, yet you are their sole Abuser to their pain and sufferings.

You thieves, should be held accountable for your sadistic and malicious crimes against the defenseless.

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

What i find amusing in you post is that, you blame your victims for crying, yet you never been victimized as the abuser.

riddle me this, how am i abusing something that was designed in the game to be played like it is……..please explain to me how if i go stealth any attack that is channeled can still hit me, how am i abusing when i use shadow refuge, if i get pushed like 2 cm in one direction im instantly knocked out of stealth with a revealed debuff, honestly, tell me how im abusing a core class mechanic, i could see it if i was a warrior able to stealth like a thief, but then that would defy all logic deemed so by fantasy.

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I love how the forum mods tossed your duplicate topic to the wolves

You deserve it.

That being said, I do find some of the condition based, heavy stealth+regen builds annoying. But then again, I find bunker eles, guardians, and engineers annoying.

Oh well.

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

What i find alarming in your post is that, you blame and insult your victims for crying, yet you are their sole Abuser to their pain and sufferings.

You thieves, should be held accountable for your sadistic and malicious crimes against the defenseless.

you have no idea how demented and maniacal the laughter that ensued after reading this was….wow, i havent laughed like that in a long time XD

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

If two groups of trolls met each other in the wild and neither realized the other was trolling them, I think it would look a lot like this thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

If two groups of trolls met each other in the wild and neither realized the other was trolling them, I think it would look a lot like this thread.

agreeed

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

in my defense, its hard to tell sometimes whether or not someone is trolling, or being serious, given the level of which they will stop at nothing to complain/get something nerfed, ive been around my fair share of mmos, and ive seen lots and lots and lots of complaining, plus some trolling, and it gets so repettitive that one goes on autopilot, trying to stamp out the ludicrous complaints, and trolls :/

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Posted by: Denker.1984

Denker.1984

I don`t understand why people keep arguing all the time about thief mechanic.Maybe they like holy wars, maybe they troll, if this is true then all these threads should be closed instantly cause they make no sense.Otherwise, can you sit down and think for a moment?You were whining about stealth almost from the release, I bet devs have already seen this kind of threads and other requests and they nerfed and fixed thief.All the same – you keep asking for nerf.I think Anet doesn`t see expediency in your whines anymore and keeps ignoring you.

Don`t be in prison of your own style.©

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Attachments:

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

bro try to watch the team paradigm vs CC grand finals of Mist League and tell me how thieves are incapable in teamclash 5v5 cuz theyre all skillful players they all know how to counter every class they faced. in this video thieves are very good at roaming capping around soloist but they can’t survive enough in team clash. so is that OP?

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

or maybe the thief u faced really outplayed you…

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

PROTIP: Disregard anything burnfall says.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

its totally insane how a class with stealth can just pop it and even when hit directly remain in stealth, classes like thief just stealth spam using cloak and dagger and reset a fight at will, it takes no great feat of skill to just spam stealth nonstop stabing a player who has no clue where you are.

How should thiefs then fight and overlife a fight?
And I know where thiefs are, also if they are stealthed.
Stealth belongs to one of the weakest mechanics in this game (after steal), because its very easy to counter and the next action from the thief is in 99% predictable, a backstab in the back.

yes I have an 80 thief.

After this logic:

I have 2 lvl 80 thiefs + 1 with “lvl 357” , so I have more experience and my sentences have more true inside than yours.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

How very Dare you telling others to silence my posts

Everyone here have the right to post without violating the forum rules.

Infact, i’m calling out Arena.net to Ban you imposing my rights, How Dare You!!

They will certainly make you an example to others who think they have the right in imposing others from their very right to free speach in the forums.

For i didn’t violate any forum rules, Nor encourage others to seek retaliation to another person/

Embrace and Await your fate, once and for all.

No remorse.

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

And once and for all, calling someone a troll is becoming quite childish and immature.

People who’s sole purpose of playing these childish games should be banned fromposting in the forums and ban entirely from the game.

Seriously

Too many childlike individuals in guild wars 2 world, and i don’t have time to defend and justify my self to childrens.

Exposing problems within the game or exposing the truth within the game in a formatal manner, does not make one a troll.

Tip and encouragement; look up the person history before labeling them a troll.

(I’m a vitcim of that as well , and Arena.net should ban those who label me as one; starting from day 1 by my posts and threads).

I’m very tired of these games.. Grow Up!!!!!

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

its totally insane how a class with stealth can just pop it and even when hit directly remain in stealth, classes like thief just stealth spam using cloak and dagger and reset a fight at will, it takes no great feat of skill to just spam stealth nonstop stabing a player who has no clue where you are.

How should thiefs then fight and overlife a fight?
And I know where thiefs are, also if they are stealthed.
Stealth belongs to one of the weakest mechanics in this game (after steal), because its very easy to counter and the next action from the thief 9 is in 99% predictable, a backstab in the back.

yes I have an 80 thief.

After this logic:

I have 2 lvl 80 thiefs + 1 with “lvl 357” , so I have more experience and my sentences have more true inside than yours.

how can you predict my S/D?

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

@ Burnfall

I never said silence, I said disregard. Big difference. Most of your posts are either trolls or really ignorant and it has gotten to the point where if any attention is given to your posts it is either a glance or results in a ridiculing reply.

The biggest thing is you’ve gotten to that point on your own. I hope you understand that.

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

@ Burnfall

I never said silence, I said disregard. Big difference. Most of your posts are either trolls or really ignorant and it has gotten to the point where if any attention is given to your posts it is either a glance or results in a ridiculing reply.

The biggest thing is you’ve gotten to that point on your own. I hope you understand that.

Still…

I hope Arena.net makes an example out of you.

And believe me, they will.

You have no Rights of Imposing another person from reading and replying to someone’s posts or threads.

Leave that to the forum devs.

As “ignorant” as i am, i never once retaliated someone against you for disagreeing with your posts.

Once again. you will never be given the right to impose to others; not now or ever; after you punishment by Arena.net.

Even i myself don’t have that right including others, what makes you think you do?

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

I was providing a suggestion to save others the trouble because they are going to do it eventually, regardless if I told them or not.

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

I was providing a suggestion to save others the trouble because they are going to do it eventually, regardless if I told them or not.

Once again, leave that to the forum devs; that’s their job nor yours.

They know who the trolls are.

Why do you think they have Infraction System set in place for?

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

They will certainly make you an example to others who think they have the right in imposing others from their very right to free speach in the forums.

For i didn’t violate any forum rules, Nor encourage others to seek retaliation to another person/

No remorse.

You have the right to say what you want, but that doesn’t mean you can force people to listen. Thieves (and some warriors) do grow tired of the zealous fervor with which you attack other classes while characterizing those who play them as sadists. Funny the first time, annoying after the umpteenth time.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

So long as this gets locked I personally don’t care. This thread started derailing 10 comments in and is now completely pointless to discuss further.

in Thief

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

No remorse.

I’d just like to point out that Calling out Arena.Net IS a violation of the forum rules. So yeah best of luck to you

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

No remorse.

You have the right to say what you want, but that doesn’t mean you can force people to listen. Thieves (and some warriors) do grow tired of the zealous fervor with which you attack other classes while characterizing those who play them as sadists. Funny the first time, annoying after the umpteenth time.

Look up my threads and posts and quote my words where I’m calling players sadist and that will be end to this argument.

I never once called a players sadist or any names; and you’re responding to my post by prejudjing my words without doing your homework?

I will not continue until you apologize.

Infact, I’m calling out all thieves to tell me in quotes, where and when i personally called them names.

Times up, none whatsoever.

Thanks for wasting my time.

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

No remorse.

I’d just like to point out that Calling out Arena.Net IS a violation of the forum rules. So yeah best of luck to you

We wil see to that.

Calling out Arena.net is a violation by your rules

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

No remorse.

Look up my threads and posts and quote my words where I’m calling players sadist and that will be end to this argument.

I never once called a players sadist or any names; and you’re responding to my post by prejudjing my words without doing your homework?

Infact, I’m calling out all thieves to tell me in quotes, where and when i personally called them names.

You from 8 questions concerning thief madness on Aug 23rd:

“Unfortunately, there is no denying that this class Have Not been Diciplined for any of their Actions, instead, they are Rewarded for their Malicious and Sadistic Crimes”

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

well, i play thief, and i relish in the destruction of noobs, noobs, not players, just noobs, does that make me a sadist? XD im fine with that, also, burnfall, dont stop posting, so i can have something to laugh at, i dont laugh enough XD

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

No remorse.

You from 8 questions concerning thief madness on Aug 23rd:

“Unfortunately, there is no denying that this class Have Not been Diciplined for any of their Actions, instead, they are Rewarded for their Malicious and Sadistic Crimes”

Thanks for providing ‘hard evidence’ of that ‘name calling’ post where i never once, called any indvidual person or players names.

I Appreciate your hard effort into looking into it.

For i will say again and continue to say again, Thief class is the problem, not the individual players; for i am an individual player myself.

I have no rights of personally calling or attacking individual players or others due to their class performance.

Also, you will never find me swearing on any game chats, ‘not now or ever.’

Nor I have, nor hold anything personal against anyone, ‘not now or ever’, as well.

-Everyone is unique in their own special ways; that i will always believe in-

No-matter what..

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

You know what? I like watching people confine themselves in their own hell where they torture themselves with pedantry. Its hilarious. Does that make me a sadist? Perhaps.

in Thief

blackgoat.5172

No remorse.

We wil see to that.

Code of Conduct

Do not engage in staff call-outs.

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

No remorse.

We wil see to that.

Code of Conduct

Do not engage in staff call-outs.

As a reminder; next time when you’re using quote/s, finish it.. it only makes you guilty of hiding the truth.

“Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

Why hide the truth?

Should I requote once more?

Where do you see the words “violating the rules” do you see in the quote?

Let me requote it again, if you missed it,

“Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

So there..

If you still want to continue in hiding the truth, please contact Arena.net directly for better clarrification..

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Burnfall, I’ll give you a fair shot. You spend so much time saying how a thief shouldn’t be able to play, why not share how a thief should play? How should it fill the roles of Damage, Contol and Support that all classes must have aptitude in? How should it be unique in its playstyle to all other classes? Floor’s your’s.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

this should be grand -grabs popcorn-

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

blackgoat.5172

will not expedite the answer to your query.

exactly

in Thief

Burnfall.9573

This is overbearing and frustrating and i finally have had it.

I realized i’m all alone in fighting an up-hill battle in the lions den.

My only escape is to never enter the lions den ever again.

So long thief forum.

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

\o/

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

So, basically you want to remove stealth from the game? Get in line with the hundreds of other misguided morons that do not know how the mechanic works.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Bye bye Burnfall! You’ll be missed

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

Now we just have XII to deal with.

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I can honestly say I’m disappointed. Now we’ll never know if he had legitemate points, if it was all bluster or if he was just trolling this whole time.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

In one note; Dev. Robert.H who was our last hope, was fired not too long ago.

if that guy was responsable for the AC modifications and the res system, then he deserved it

you’re most welcome ! anytime !

(edited by DanH.5879)

in Thief

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Im amused of how this kind of threads always get directed to the thief forums, when we accualy have another class who have a extreme amount of stealth. Even better if i team up with a thief as we support eachothers.

Just feel thiefs get a target for al this stealth nerf shouts when they accualy not is the only stealth abusers.

Now I think there is ways to counter stealth and no need to nerf thief stealth. It would demand a total rework of the whole class.

/Osicat

in Thief

Posted by: Black Cat.1024

Black Cat.1024

Im amused of how this kind of threads always get directed to the thief forums, when we accualy have another class who have a extreme amount of stealth. Even better if i team up with a thief as we support eachothers.

Just feel thiefs get a target for al this stealth nerf shouts when they accualy not is the only stealth abusers.

Now I think there is ways to counter stealth and no need to nerf thief stealth. It would demand a total rework of the whole class.

/Osicat

I like you Osicat. +1

in Thief

Posted by: Jayw.1045

Jayw.1045

Thief’s aren’t that hard to kill regardless of the stealth. I main a thief and i get blown up in stealth all the time.

If I make one mistake I’m dead, the skill required to play a thief is intense. At times I can get out of trouble because of stealth but most of the time it doesn’t help that much unless i’m fighitng people who dont’ understand the class.

Which is why I switched to a s/d perm evade build. Stealth wasn’t as useful in higher skill level fights. Stealth builds are really only good for smashing on noobs.

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Thank you Osicat. We need more people like you!

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

yes I have an 80 thief.

Stealth should not remove target lock, you should regain lock once they appear.
stealth should not be stackable.
stealth should be removed when they attack and are blocked.
any and all action from stealth should remove stealth.
if you take a direct hit (not aoe) you should have stealth removed.

Right a thief complaining about the thief class and want’s it nerfed. Geez man we never heard that one before.

Thief is balanced atm , stealth is fine since you can knockback/knockdown/stun and kill a thief in stealth. I got hit by skullcrack and got a stun for 5 seconds yesterday in shadow refuge.

I play my necro now in WvW, and I LOVE SR. It’s a big X to where I should unleash my marks/wells. Thanks!

in Thief

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this topic has been discussed several times already, this thread is now closed.

Please search for an already existing thread before creating a new one.

Thank you for you understanding.