d/d glasscannon build

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: RushandCash.7835

RushandCash.7835

after patch i saw many thief use d/d. very high back stab and heart seaker. what is that build??

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

6/6/x/x/x

Berzerker armor, berzerker weapons, berzerker trinkets. See how long you will live :P

No, but it’s really several ways to play a D/D build, depends on what you want really

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Eh, go 5/6/x/x/3 and live 3x as long.

Still die a lot though.

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

Alot of gc thieves go 0/6/0/6/2 for modifers its like 27% dmg inc and 47% if enemy is below 50% hp

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

This is my personal burst build and frankly this is arguably the best D/D burst build available.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQJAoYlsMpypNOxzJ8PNRLhs9oVv87tuPCA-TlCBwAQOBAnVCid/RpCgDIQWlV51BkSLBjDEgO1fC8AACAgAczAA38m38m38mBA-w

Why people moved? I dunno. D/D offers better burst and superior DPS throughputs than D/P and D/P is kind of a noob/scrub build with a bad rep because it’s too easy and too gimmicky.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQJAoYl8MpwpNOxzJ8PNRLRt9I0BvgXnh2VQAEiA-TlCBAB1s/Qlq/cmSQsU+BwBEIP9ApohghDEgenAgAeAABAQAuZbGADdoDdoDdodzbezbezbWKgBWGB-w

2791 power (no might)
3491 power with 20stacks of might

up to 65% damage modifiers when target is under 50%

if you want pure burst and gtfo then here you go.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Discordia.7293

Discordia.7293

I use 6/6/0/0/2 http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoYVlsMpxplOxyJ8PNRLRt9I0BvgXnh2PQAEiA-TpBFwACOBAI3fgxRAYxhAoaZAAPAAA

Strategy – Wait for the enemy behind the wall and activate assassin’s signet/basilisk and fast combo: CnD + Infiltrator Signet + f1 + backstab. You can reach 1800 range to kill fast.

Thief rank 80 – I hate overpower condition duration in wvw.

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: RushandCash.7835

RushandCash.7835

thank you all for reply:)

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Kill it with fire.

Crazy Leg

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Chiemoi.3509

Chiemoi.3509

Good Day! I just started playing again and it seemed that there are a lot of changes in running d/d build from when i used to play. I currently run 0/6/6/2/0 build which was the last d/d build pre patch and i’m currently working on a new build. Was gonna ask if this build is viable for d/d or is it too glass cannon? Thanks in advance for your feedback http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQRAoY8YlsMp8pdPx0J8PNRLRtdIEdvg2PQAEiddFA-TVSBABWq+ThaBe4BAYmSwr2fU+FxJAAPdDTcEAA4gAQKgIWGB-w

Chiemoi – Cowardly Thief
Line Coldheart – Buff Guardian
Yak’s Bend

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Mystogan.4157

Dungeons either d/x or s/p for whip. Blavkpowder is your best friend and for d/d it is still viable. Only thing is that currently not much can compete with the runes of str might stacking. You can grt 25 stacks your self if specced right. Using d/d and this build youd prob gdt 12-16 stacks ur self if not more so id change the runes/ sigils to might

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Mystogan.4157

Oh yea might stacking is runes of str or even hoelbrak*+ sigil of battle*+ sigil of might* hoelbrak gives some surviability from condi str runes is pure dmg

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQJAoYl8MpwpNOxzJ8PNRLRt9I0BvgXnh2VQAEiA-TlCBAB1s/Qlq/cmSQsU+BwBEIP9ApohghDEgenAgAeAABAQAuZbGADdoDdoDdodzbezbezbWKgBWGB-w

2791 power (no might)

You do realize that revealed training doesn’t affect stab, right?
And that strength runes are only decent if you’re taking hits, which is likely a really bad idea if you’re planning on GC signet burst, otherwise making scholars more useful for burst damage.
And that Flanking Strikes causes DPS losses versus Thrill of the Crime due to CnD crits from fury and the might. Thrill also lets you pop your signet of shadows while not losing mobility. You’re much better off with Residual venoms to get the stab more reliably since you’re not using mug to get the stun on steal for a reposition.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

2791 power (no might)

And that strength runes are only decent if you’re taking hits, which is likely a really bad idea if you’re planning on GC signet burst, otherwise making scholars more useful for burst damage.
And that Flanking Strikes causes DPS losses versus Thrill of the Crime due to CnD crits from fury and the might. Thrill also lets you pop your signet of shadows while not losing mobility. You’re much better off with Residual venoms to get the stab more reliably since you’re not using mug to get the stun on steal for a reposition.

With mug backstab can actually benefit from revealed training

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I don’t follow.

You only get revealed training when you’re revealed, not on the backstab attack itself.

And you can only backstab if you’re in stealth, in which case you won’t have revealed training up.

The trait literally has no use in a stab build. I think it’s meant more for S/D, S/P, or P/P.

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

Its not that hard. Backstab has a 1/4 sec cast time. If you use mug as its casting you get a revealed training backstab. But you do have to be quick.

Lyss The Shadow

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

That’s actually quite interesting. Did not at all think that would work.

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

So I tried to do this, and it doesn’t seem to add any damage to it. Patched?

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Alot of gc thieves go 0/6/0/6/2 for modifers its like 27% dmg inc and 47% if enemy is below 50% hp

Yes because going 5-6 into acrobatics for 10% damage boost when endurance is not full instead of going 5-6 into dark arts what will bring much more damage makes so much sense for glass cannon build. FYI dark arts has much more reliable damage modifier, 250-300 extra power what gives you even more damage, Mug and sundering strikes. If you go 6 into acrobatics thats no longer a glass cannon.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

So I tried to do this, and it doesn’t seem to add any damage to it. Patched?

Its not a bug, so it will never be “patched”. If your testing this, make sure its on the Sam enemy, same might/bloodlust stacks, same gear/traits.

Lyss The Shadow

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

I went into Mists to test this out. 6/6/0/0/2 for funzies, on Hidden Killer. CnD on Med armor, Backstab → 6.8k. OK. CnD on same Med Armor, 1→ f1 to Backstab, still 6.8k. Didn’t make much of a difference. Am I doing it wrong?

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

2791 power (no might)

revealed training doesn’t affect stab, Correct – its used for HS right after
Scholar runes are better for burst in a pve setting where you wont get hit. in a pvp setting you will get under 10% hp so I pick strength to be on the safe side.
5% damage from behind vs fury and 1 stack of might meh ill take the 5% damage modifier

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

d/d glasscannon build

in Thief

Carpboy.7145

I went into Mists to test this out. 6/6/0/0/2 for funzies, on Hidden Killer. CnD on Med armor, Backstab -> 6.8k. OK. CnD on same Med Armor, 1-> f1 to Backstab, still 6.8k. Didn’t make much of a difference. Am I doing it wrong?

CnD→BS→ as backstab is casting (1/4 second window) hit steal

Lyss The Shadow