Posted by: JayPaulc.3472

JayPaulc.3472

Looking for a good d/d spvp build.

Thank you

d/d spvp build?

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I’ve always found fair success with a 06440-type build. Probably not as good as D/P, but I enjoy the quick and simple access to stealth and the ability to cripple people who try to flee.
I rely on using a combination of quick stealths and lots of dodging for defense. Use a sort of hit-and-run style, while actually staying relatively close.
There’s a lot of room for variation in the choice of major traits I’ve found, but Infusion of Shadow is pretty much mandatory.

PS; Death Blossom is all but worthless, and it angers me.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

d/d spvp build?

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

recently got my kitten handed to me by some d/d + sb condi bunker with krait runes and death blossom spam…
Don’t ask me for the details, I couldn’t get a similar build rolling, so I suspect, the player was simply way better than me.
He’d pop up and drop 20’ish bleeds and poison on me instantly with plenty of cover condis. It was not only, that he was especially skilled at dancing around me, what was more frustrating was, how he managed to keep those cover condis up all the time.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

d/d spvp build?

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, I would generally recommend just getting used to D/P over D/D, but if you do go D/D, make sure to get the SA trait that blinds on stealth.

d/d spvp build?

in Thief

Posted by: garkos.2973

garkos.2973

what class did you play naphack?

d/d spvp build?

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

recently got my kitten handed to me by some d/d + sb condi bunker with krait runes and death blossom spam…
Don’t ask me for the details, I couldn’t get a similar build rolling, so I suspect, the player was simply way better than me.
He’d pop up and drop 20’ish bleeds and poison on me instantly with plenty of cover condis. It was not only, that he was especially skilled at dancing around me, what was more frustrating was, how he managed to keep those cover condis up all the time.

Pre-patch I tried a button spam build every day. 1 day it was death blossom, another it was unload. With death blossom I traited so I could quite literally press 3 over and over and over and annoy the kitten out of people. Granted its only a 50% dodge up time, it still killed a bunch of people over and over (coupled with uncatchable and high endurance regen). Best counter to such troll builds? Kite, and save condi clears for when the stacks get high (12+).

P.S. only did this in hot join, and when I was bored. D/d is not a viable tpvp condi build, any kittens killed in the described lobbies were only stunt doubles and no one was harmed in the process.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

d/d spvp build?

in Thief

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

d/d: go all in or go home!

Source: Me, myself, and I