delete death blosom

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

It doesn’t fit with the rest of d/d skills and the condi play style of d/d is laughable just leave a blank skill 3 on d/d weapon set. This skill enables a kittened build where all you do is mash skills 3 over and over and over and nothing else literally nothing else.

If this is what combat in gw2 is suppose to be, using 1/5 weapon skills at any given time, then by all means just leave it. Otherwise rework it to fit the rest of the double dagger skills or rework the rest of dagger skills to be condition based.

see no evil ,until i stab you

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Dear Anet,

Delete anything that works instead of fixing what doesn’t.

Sincerely

Lel

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Dear Anet,

Sincerely

Lel

*sigh, if you thing a build were all you do is spam 3 is ok then i have nothing to say to you.

Yes death blosom is a mechanically functional skill, but it does not fit the rest of the skill set and it promotes a play style that is unfun boring and stupid. This was the same reason used to nerf ranger spirits so now they cannot move, because the play style which that build brought was frustrating and unfun to play.

p/d is the thieves condi set, not d/d.

see no evil ,until i stab you

delete death blosom

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

Dear Anet,

Sincerely

Lel

*sigh, if you thing a build were all you do is spam 3 is ok then i have nothing to say to you.

Yes death blosom is a mechanically functional skill, but it does not fit the rest of the skill set and it promotes a play style that is unfun boring and stupid. This was the same reason used to nerf ranger spirits so now they cannot move, because the play style which that build brought was frustrating and unfun to play.

p/d is the thieves condi set, not d/d.

If I wanted to play a boring class, My warrior has me covered I’d play Dragonhunter.

Of course DB evadespam is boring and stupid. Unfortunately though, it is one of the only mechanically functioning tools that we have in a class that is rapidly losing usefulness in all situations, and -delete this, delete that- is going to end up deleting the class.

If you think it still exists.

make sure sustain is fixed first, then we wont have to preemptively evade any and everything and we can work on getting this to be.. less functional? If that’s even necessary.

I dont think [x is what you’re ‘supposed to play if you want condi’] is solid reasoning either. if it works on something else, that’s no reason to gut it so you cram the playerbase into running p/d again.

d/d is probably the only reason many thieves are bothering to play right now. That and vault spam.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Death Blossom is great, so, no, I don’t approve.

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m running D/D for nearly 2 years now – can we please keep DB? It is working as intended and if you know how to handle it it’s really great actually.

delete death blosom

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’m running D/D for nearly 2 years now – can we please keep DB? It is working as intended and if you know how to handle it it’s really great actually.

I cant get on board with [press x to live and maybe win] but I’ll defend this viewpoint to the death on the grounds that we have difficulty in all of our other builds with similarly passive procs floating everywhere.

Tldr as long as Sword Rev is a thing, this too shall pass.

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

DB can be used every 4 seconds at equillibrium. I’d hardly call that exclusively “mashing 3.” Dagger autos (poison on last hit) and dagger training complement the style well, along with lotus dodges and your pick of utilities. I fail to see the problem.

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I cant get on board with [press x to live and maybe win] but I’ll defend this viewpoint to the death on the grounds that we have difficulty in all of our other builds with similarly passive procs floating everywhere.

Tldr as long as Sword Rev is a thing, this too shall pass.

I have been using DB strategically to reposition before HoT. (I have no chance against any class since HoT, so guess all I can say is: “I think it still is useful”
Anyway, I was fighting a condi D/D, DrD thief yesterday with CS, SA and DrD and his condis got me after 4 mins (yeah, that fight really lasted that long)- so I guess the evades from DB alone are just fine.

And like you said: as long as teh other classes have almost infinite evades and blocks I think we should be allowed to keep DB
(Btw, did you know it’s Karl’s favourite skill?)

delete death blosom

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

(Btw, did you know it’s Karl’s favourite skill?)

Hnnnnnnnng

Karl why

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

How about we get poison and torment on dancing dagger to promote alternate skill use with D/D condi or hybrid instead of deleting a good skill.

delete death blosom

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

How about we get poison and torment on dancing dagger to promote alternate skill use with D/D condi or hybrid instead of deleting a good skill.

This or sustain so I dont need to have 100 evade uptime because Gun flame is unblockable

Apologies, my salt intake has been high recently

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Death Blossom is one of the few functional defensive skills a thief has. The thief does not have blocks or invulnerabilties to any great extent and must rely on evades and stealth as defense. That they might spam them is immaterial because that is what they theif must do on occassion in order to survive.

As to p/d being the thief condition set , more nonsense. D/D works fine as a condition set and always has. The claim that p/d is the theif condition set is no more true then saying p/p is the thief power set.

For power thief users DB works fine in the set as an extra evade albeit one that would not be used as often as a Condition user would use it just as a condition user would rarely use heartseeker.

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

DB can be used every 4 seconds at equillibrium. I’d hardly call that exclusively “mashing 3.” Dagger autos (poison on last hit) and dagger training complement the style well, along with lotus dodges and your pick of utilities. I fail to see the problem.

THis +1.

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

d/d 3 spam condi is the best condi class in the game. The explanation is simple.
It deals damage while evading. All the time. How is that not op and utterly broken?
It also applies poison. Sometimes. Maybe. Which is nice. And weakness.
Did you know that weakness is strong? It also is a whirl finisher. Do you know
that thieves can spam poision fileds? And then whirl finish in them?
That’s a lot of poision.

5 is for stuff like finishing. 2 and 4 for catching up to your enemies.
Just because you don’t understand something, doesn’t mean it’s bad.
And btw, p/d is bad. The 3rd skill is the worst case of broken design
I’ve ever seen, since you have to get close with 5, while 1 is a ranged attack
stealthed and unstealthed. I get the idea behind it, but come on.

The real “fix” condi thieves need is a 1 – 2 sec posion stack on auto attack, and a longer duration and more stacks on projectile finishers.

Some kind of bonus effect for poison would be nice too (like necro allways gets). If you trait the GRANDMASTER trait you could get a poison which also damages the player additionally for each incoming heal. Would be nice~

Well I guess I’m quite offtopic now, but no OP, your “solution” is bad.

delete death blosom

in Thief

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

i love D/D Condi Death Blossom spam. Its the only reason i play Thief. Vault spam is ok too but Condi D/D DB is much better (IMO)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "