delete thread please

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Brian.1025

Brian.1025

Currently using thief + ele as my main in pvp.

Debating using my incinerator or selling it, but has anyone here regretted it?

Not sure it’s worth the 3,000+++g pricetag just for a single skin

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: endersluck.4708

endersluck.4708

I never have since legendaries were always the last thing/ nothing to spend gold on.

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

@ender thanks for your insight

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I regret making twilight but I love my bolt. I doubt I’ll make another legendary again though, it’s a huge gold/time sink that could be better spent elsewhere.

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

@shanks
you ever wish you made incin instead of twilight?

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Eroza.4769

Eroza.4769

I dont regret it…. had it for a while now. One thing i do regret is not able to want to try on other dagger in game. Nit that there are many cool one. But even if new one come out. I am kind of forced not to use it since i already have the “the coolest” in game.

Better question would be… what else will you use the gold for… if you end up selling it..

Thanks.

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

No but I seriously regret getting Infinite Light. Anet seriously screwed us over after the wardrobe patch. All those hours of farming CoE and scraping as much gold as you can, finally crafting IL only for Anet to give the wardrobe skin to anyone who obtained the sPvP version with ease.

Pure BS

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I dont regret.Having Bolt and Inci on my S/D thief.He looks so fab

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

D: I regret not buying a pre-cursor back when they where 20g

Other than that, I can’t regret anything since I dont have a legendary… slowly flipping towards it.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

@sandrox dang that combo

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

@doomdesire: i Dont really remeber the pvp Level you should have needed to craft IL. Guess it was phoenix, so you farmed Like 1200 times cof or whatever and the pvpers did somewhat 2000+ matches. Seems fair to me.
Only that workaround through salvaging t3 pvp armor was a little…easy.

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

still havent bound my incin after 9 days lol

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Frankly, I’d sell it. I’m pretty picky, and incinerator makes some attacks way too easy to dodge. For example, dancing dagger and shadow shot are pretty hard to see in group fights, but with incinerator, you’re throwing a flaming dagger that basically screams “dodge me”.

Second Child

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

For example, dancing dagger and shadow shot are pretty hard to see in group fights, but with incinerator, you’re throwing a flaming dagger that basically screams “dodge me”.

Not with Incinerator main hand. Shadow shot depends on the pistol alone.

@OP:
First exotic my thief found was Spark. Crafted Incinerator, took me half a year actually because I have a problem with doing dungeons and well I wasn’t really in a hurry. So – wherefor would I need the gold? For nothing, so I kept it. I don’t regret it.

delete thread please

in Thief

mango.9267

For example, dancing dagger and shadow shot are pretty hard to see in group fights, but with incinerator, you’re throwing a flaming dagger that basically screams “dodge me”.

Not with Incinerator main hand. Shadow shot depends on the pistol alone.

Here’s a short video showing shadow shot with an incinerator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMZRDgk7ciw

Your opponents see the flying flaming dagger from stealth as well, making it easier to dodge. It’s especially painful because a lot of d/p teefs use d/p 3 to gap close, so dodging shadow shot denies them an easy backstab.

Second Child

delete thread please

in Thief

Jana.6831

Makes no sense actually as Incinerator has got nothing to do with shadow shot – my bet would be it’s a bug as right now it would mean that quip wouldn’t have any animation at all if equipped offhand – and I should really find an opponent with an incinerator to test it.

Edit: Was that someone from another server?
Edit²: Or find an opponent to test it on – easier said than done..

(edited by Jana.6831)

delete thread please

in Thief

mango.9267

Makes no sense actually as Incinerator has got nothing to do with shadow shot – my bet would be it’s a bug as right now it would mean that quip wouldn’t have any animation at all if equipped offhand – and I should really find an opponent with an incinerator to test it.

Edit: Was that someone from another server?
Edit²: Or find an opponent to test it on – easier said than done..

To my knowledge, it’s always worked like this.

Here’s a potato quality video my friend posted in February 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4f_7mGZLo&t=4m7s

You can see the shadow shot flying as an incinerator, despite the opponent’s stealth.

Second Child

delete thread please

in Thief

Jana.6831

Yeah, during the second fight I see it. Thanks for the videos.

See I thought that was a great fight, someone from the third team likely saw nothing (if present) and most people facing a thief run off to the forums to complain about stealth.

Edit (quite a while after) : The D/P thief also has a quip, so the animation of quip has been replaced by dancing dagger which has got no place in this weaponset – so it’s clearly a bug, Did you guys try it with a D/D thief with only Incinerator main hand?

(edited by Jana.6831)

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

Still can’t decide :[

delete thread please

in Thief

Jana.6831

Still can’t decide :[

Well – 1) we can’t help you anymore than we did, 2) you will be unhappy no matter how you decide ;) – glad not to be in your shoes.

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

@Jana are full ascended sets a big difference? I can’t think of any other gold sink

delete thread please

in Thief

Jana.6831

I don’t know the maths, I just know that the difference is only minimal. I just googled and found a thread from last year which is kind of outdated because of the crit nerf back in april. Better ask someone else for the exact numbers – I just know that I was doing nearly as good as now (ascended with strength runes) with my exotic with ruby orbs. And if you need the infusions for high level fractals you can buy or craft x-1 agony restistance infusions, so a few slots for that would be enough = weapons or trinkets.

Edit: To explain: I’m an online messi – I usually don’t sell anything unless I have tons of it. So I had all the material and was bored, otherwise I wouldn’t have ascended armor.

Edit²: http://dulfy.net/2013/12/12/gw2-ascended-armor-stats/
Also from last year but with clear numbers which still should be accurate =)

(edited by Jana.6831)

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

Well if it’s minimal then I’m not sure if there’s any point in having 3k+ gold lol

delete thread please

in Thief

Jana.6831

Well if it’s minimal then I’m not sure if there’s any point in having 3k+ gold lol

:)

(yay, I helped you ;))

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

I don’t use either of my legendaries (Incinerator or Quip) but I only regret binding Quip – Incine is pretty. One of the few worth making. The only other one I really like are the trident/spear and Sunrise.

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I don’t regret it but I didn’t spend 3,000g. I made mine

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I don’t regret it but I didn’t spend 3,000g. I made mine

You wasted 2000g in mats.

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

@reapex you spent that much in opportunity cost.

@Narcarsis why don’t you use incin? too flashy?

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

delete thread please

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

I don’t like the sleeve, the footprints give you away occasionally, and the weapon engulfs you in flames when you weapon swap (gives away your weapon swaps). It’s not very subtle of a weapon.

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

What do you use now caed?

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

I don’t like the sleeve, the footprints give you away occasionally, and the weapon engulfs you in flames when you weapon swap (gives away your weapon swaps). It’s not very subtle of a weapon.

You somehow didnt know this 1.5 years into the game before begging people on your stream for legendary donations?

delete thread please

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

I never begged for anything. If you’re salty about people donating gold to streamers maybe you should start streaming and try to get people to like you instead of being a pretentious kitten.

delete thread please

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

I use SAB weapons and a slingshot.

delete thread please

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

I never begged for anything. If you’re salty about people donating gold to streamers maybe you should start streaming and try to get people to like you instead of being a pretentious kitten.

You did, and were pretty blatant about it early on. Only towards the second legendary did you attempt to act humble about it. Also, I can’t be salty when I earned my legendaries without asking for help while pretending to like the 70 faceless people that watch me play video games.

As far as pretentious goes, coming from the guy who bragged in GF TS about being an underwear model, I’d say this is an obvious example of the pot calling the kettle black.

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Incin is bad kitten . I made bolt and was happy, but I always liked the fractal sword more. I jut FINALLY got the frac sword and I Feel weird now, because bolt is “legendary” but I prefer the frac sword…

delete thread please

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

I don’t beg, I don’t need to. I’ve made plenty of my own gold and gems through tournaments and I have made that more than clear to people who donate. I ask almost everyone who has donated if they’re sure they want to and I definitely make sure they know it’s appreciated.

As for the underwear model, I’m a troll – and you’re easy to troll. =] If you don’t know that’s a joke by now then I feel sorry for you. You still seen upset about it after almost a year.

delete thread please

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

I don’t beg, I don’t need to. I’ve made plenty of my own gold and gems through tournaments and I have made that more than clear to people who donate. I ask almost everyone who has donated if they’re sure they want to and I definitely make sure they know it’s appreciated.

As for the underwear model, I’m a troll – and you’re easy to troll. =] If you don’t know that’s a joke by now then I feel sorry for you. You still seen upset about it after almost a year.

It’s like I know what you’re going to say before you do.

So you made enough gold/gems off of tourney’s, yet still had had to have that news-ticker type text scrolling across your stream asking specifically for incin and quip donations?

Oh, you trolled us all with the underwear model comment? You got me. Just like we all don’t watch you stare at yourself via stream and caress your hair for a myspace selfie like some 15 year old with an identity crisis.

You should change your name to “Narcissistic.” It’s more representative of your character, actions, and personality while remaining close to your current name.

(edited by Mordecai.6318)

delete thread please

in Thief

Narcarsis.5739

I actually had several people offer to give me a legendary for that scroll text, where I offered to teach them how to play thief – but I decided to take that down because it is too hard to determine what is fair in teaching the class. What information would be new, how much time should I put in to be determined fair, what kinds of things should I do (videos, dueling, watching them play, giving information)? It’s not begging when I offer a way to pay for it, but determining what is fair payment is too difficult and subject to personal bias making it too hard to find a middle ground I would feel right about morally to take them up on the offer.

Also I’m extremely self conscious, but thanks for proving my earlier point about you being a pretentious kitten. =]

The OP changed the thread title to “delete thread please”, I’m going to stop contributing to the that derailing now. Have fun being a lot kitten to everyone, maybe you’ll learn to make friends one day.

Edit: fixed spelling, typing from a phone.

(edited by Narcarsis.5739)

delete thread please

in Thief

Brian.1025

!caed i like u!

delete thread please

in Thief

Posted by: CobOfCorn.6352

CobOfCorn.6352

Sold quip the day I made it and regret it 6 months later. If I were you I would hold onto it- 3k gold runs out pretty quickly if you aren’t mindful of your spending habits :}
As for incin- I personally love it- I made quip for the aura because I think it is ugly and looks more like a hairdryer than a gun but incinerator is super clean and looks awesome sheathed or unsheathed. Incin is what I’m working towards now- only a precursor and some t6 away

Ably

(edited by CobOfCorn.6352)