did we already play the new spec in LS2?

in Thief

Posted by: Glott.7239

Glott.7239

Hi,

let me just warn everyone that this topic will contain spoilers for living season 2 so be aware.

now that this is sad. do you guy remember episode 7, Seeds of Truth, where you play caithe in some flashback levels? we all know that caithe is a thief but the skills you can use in this levels are very different to what we have now, even if they look somehow similar. now i know that the skills were a bit OP so i’m not saying they have been final. but what do you guys think, could this have been another teaser of how the new specialization are going to work?

in Thief

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

90% of Caith abilities are copypaste of Thiefs abilities just a very litle modified

there was like 1-2 ? abilities that acctualy thiefs don’t have but they are meh.

ALSO we gonna get a new weapon with totaly new set of abilities Caith uses 2 daggers and basicaly all the abilities are dagger abilities.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Thief

Posted by: Glott.7239

Glott.7239

that’s exactly why i think it might be the new specialization. copypasting most of the animations would save a lot of programming work for anet and we still get a different way of playing thief. lets say with less stealth and dmg but higher survivability through even higher mobility. and changing the skills for dual dagger if you become a, lets say, “assassin” (or what ever it will be called) will make it more of a choice to specialize rather than a just adding new skills and a weapon.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I believe it was at PAX they stated that Caithe’s skills were blatantly overpowered. I doubt they’d decide to make those part of a specialization lol.

And frankly, they were OP. No, I’d expect specializations to be based around ranged combat options.