dodge spam meta is lame

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

SS (#3) ? AA or BP (#5) ? AA will win you a fight

Ya you posted that.

So I think its time to stop posting and sabotaging this forum keeping any real talk about balance from actually forming.

Thank you

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Ya you posted that.

So I think its time to stop posting and sabotaging this forum keeping any real talk about balance from actually forming.

Thank you

Taking things out of context is what dishonest people do.

Here is the whole paragraph;

You don’t have to be an expert in Thief to be effective with D/P. Knowing the fundamentals on playing a Thief is enough — there’s nothing complex about the set. Compare that S/D, D/P is nothing special. SS (#3) -> AA or BP (#5) -> AA will win you a fight -- that’s how easy it is to use. If you do that with D/D, you’ll die due to higher risk and squishiness of the Thief.

Plus, learn how to quote properly referencing the right post.

The “standing in the BP” comment is within the context of P/P, has nothing to do with D/P.

Get your facts straight.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Once that BP is on the ground, you cannot stop a Thief from going in stealth [whether they go by Bound or] by HS.

…What the hell did I just read?

Before HoT, you literally beat D/P thief by interrupting the leap finisher on HS because it’ll waste the field and cause a 8-initiative burn for nothing. That’s why Bound is so good for dueling where interruption is more focused – you can’t interrupt it because it’s a raw dodge!

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

U dont bound after the first finisher on bp which will still stealth u even if u hit them because ur not at risk of being interrupted (at least in most cases). I can see u have extensive bound experience….

lol, see, you don’t even know what part I’m talking about. I wasn’t talking about landing a damage after leaping that reveals me. Not even close.

Lol really? bp projectile is slow, no good thief will get hit by it and if u mean bp field then read below.

Again, you have no idea what part I’m talking about. Just to be fair, only because I’m starting to feel sorry — I pre-cast BP before Steal so I land on top of you blinding you before HS → stealth → BS → AA. You’ll have no chance to interrupt any of that.

lol, its so ez to not get blinded even if i land in ur bp. I can just dodge again or staff 3…..

Then you just lost. I used one skill and made you dodge twice or dodge and use an expensive skill. Do you even know how to play Thief? Because that reaction is just too noobish.

Because before, worst case scenario is interrupt, now its PI proc + draining sigil. I can basi after and proc PI again with the initial PI proc in most cases, especially if ur trying to bp hs since most likely u will hs again and proc my PI from basi.

Right, because PI is taken over EA in a heavy condition meta. Keep believing that fantasy. Someone here is even arguing that they take Staff Mastery for endurance regen, yet here you are talking about PI. You can stop pretending that you know, any time now.

This is just kittened. I cant believe im even explaining this. Firstly, if some1 bps, u should be more worried about dodging the blind and figuring out if they’re using bound or dash and how you will be approaching the fight. Also bp -> 1/2s cast time. Hs -> 3/4s cast time. Also if some one is in BP, it is so obvious they are going to heartseeker and on top of that heartseeker has a much more obvious animation. It doesn’t make sense to try and guess they are going to BP and headshot rather than just waiting for the bp and interrupting the hs considering the cast time is higher and on top of that u know he will hs since u alrdy see them sitting in a bp. I can’t believe u dont know this.

Sigh, do we really have to go through the basics on how to play a Thief, on how to bait skills and on what the rules of engagement is? Any experience Thief do not guess if the other Thief is going to use BP or not. That’s because the first few seconds of the fight is about learning each other’s tendency and skill-use pattern. Once you’re done studying your opponent, it’s really easy to predict when they will use BP or in what situation they will try to go in stealth. There is no guessing here.

I cant believe u actually believe this.

I am yet to get interrupted using HS to go in stealth, so yes, experience-wise, unlike you, that’s what I believe.

Coming from the guy who wants to unload or hs from a bp field and expects not to get interrupted lol.

No I don’t expect the interruption, you know why? Because it never happen, that’s why. Trying to use heal, on the other hand, I’ve been interrupted many many times. Do you know which heal cannot be interrupted? That’s right, Withdraw.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: VciouSidewinder.4029

VciouSidewinder.4029

“Again, you have no idea what part I’m talking about. Just to be fair, only because I’m starting to feel sorry — I pre-cast BP before Steal so I land on top of you blinding you before HS ? stealth ? BS ? AA. You’ll have no chance to interrupt any of that.”

101 on dueling thieves no matter what build u run, when the fight starts, dash -> dodge twice, bound -> bp, dodge. Using ur super BP steal hs bs aa combo and now u lost 9 initiative, put ur bs on stealth cd, missed ur steal, and i dodged all of it.

Honestly, all the noob thieves use that combo, its like they’re itching to use steal and then they miss and then they lose soon after. If u use steal like that, I dont even need to argue with u anymore.

Heads up, PI is meta in PVP used in esports……lol

(edited by VciouSidewinder.4029)

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: Alveen.7239

Alveen.7239

Don’t be a fool believing in the lies. The truth you think you are agreeing to is not even close to the truth because that’s only partial of what I’ve posted. The fact is, what I’ve posted in putting the BP in between you and the target when they get in melee range if you are using pistol. Standing in smoke field is just for convenience since a Thief can cover a wide angle without moving, simply just by turning. However, every Thief knows that we can’t just stand still if we want to survive, so the term “standing in a smoke field” only really means that were simply using it to add blind to our projectile. It’s a tactic used by many Thieves be it BP or Smoke Screen.

No, you are wrong. It’s been 2 pages of you being stubborn and pretty much really not knowing what you’re talking about. You have derailed the thread from OP ranting about the bound acro thief to everyone trying to explain to you why bound actually works. You didn’t even realize what OP was talking about till he literally had to explain it to you. You see, the dueling meta thief build, especially thief v thief is the bound acro staff build. If you ever go to 1v1 dueling arena, you will never in hell win vs the good thiefs there without bound. Thats the problem and I think OP plays thief too so it makes sense. You cant interrupt their BP bound, they have more passive sustain which makes the fight last forever and they will definitely hit you with bound on purpose and by mistake which heavily favors the fight for them which brings me to my second point.

Other people literally spoon fed you why you would use bound in BP and ur response was literally “I still see the wastefulness of it when Bound in used to go in stealth when using HS makes more sense and D/P has always been effective even without Bound”. You can’t even understand why you would use bound over hs after HoT been out for over a year which is just incredible and you claim to have extensively tried it out. Don’t just try it out, learn to use it.

Let me at least break it down for you. If you have steal off CD, you should always have at least 1 dodge used up or you will be wasting the endurance (this was mentioned to you before but I think you claimed you “Still saw the wastefulness”). So if you were to stealth in front of another thief with dash, i will shadow step and headshot u and interrupt ur hs and proc u with PI and even drain sigil if in WvW. If you were using bound, i cant do anything and u have more stealth uptime and if u get lucky, u can even get a free backstab combo since u can stealth as much as u want since u have 2 different resources. This puts u on top of the dash thief IF you guys dueling. If you were to use channeled vigor for the heal, and u dont need the extra heal from max endurance, u can even use 2 dodges since you know u will be getting them back. If you were dueling a retri rev, u use at least 2 dodges before ccing him since u know u will be using signet of agility to cleanse the taunt.

It’s not that you should always use bound in BP, in some situations one is better than the other and what you dont seem to get is you have 2 resources to blast stealth with bound. There are many times where some1 might assjam you and u dont have enough initiative because u didnt expect it so u cant use both bp and hs so bp and bound will save u. If you are dueling where u cant ooc and u wanna reset, bp bound is so strong because u cant dash and shortbow 5 away like in wvw or pvp. All these scenarios are neglecting the fact that u get a small damage boost and ur dropping aoe damage at ur feet. There are so many times im just stealthing with bound and i see i hit the thief by mistake. Even good thieves will get hit at least once or twice with bound, especially if the duel is long or they think im running dash like everyone else.

There are many scenarios where bound > dash and other scenarios where dash > bound. It isn’t as black and white as you see it.

I find it funny that even the mes main knows your class better than you.

Finally someone who isn’t borderline autistic

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Ya you posted that.

Thank you

You don’t have to be an expert in Thief to be effective with D/P. Knowing the fundamentals on playing a Thief is enough — there’s nothing complex about the set. Compare that S/D, D/P is nothing special. SS (#3) -> AA or BP (#5) -> AA will win you a fight -- that’s how easy it is to use. If you do that with D/D, you’ll die due to higher risk and squishiness of the Thief.

The “standing in the BP” comment is within the context of P/P, has nothing to do with D/P.

Get your facts straight.

You have no mentions of P/P in that entire post, and I left out the D/P rant hatred to save you face…..I could post the quotes where you want to remove the revealed debuff…..

Please stop now

Thanks

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

101 on dueling thieves no matter what build u run, when the fight starts, dash -> dodge twice, bound -> bp, dodge. Using ur super BP steal hs bs aa combo and now u lost 9 initiative, put ur bs on stealth cd, missed ur steal, and i dodged all of it.

Right, you’re math is off because the net initiative used is 7.

(edited by Sir Vincent III.1286)

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Azukas.1426

No BP (6 initiative) + Heartseeker (3 initiative) = 9 initiative wasted. Here’s where this kitten gets funny.

1. You think all thieves run SA with DP. lol
2. The biggest travesty….you don’t even know they axed the trait that gives you initiative on stealthing.

ROFLMAO

Yes this mesmer knows more than you

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Ya you posted that.

Thank you

Get your facts straight.

You have no mentions of P/P in that entire post, and I left out the D/P rant hatred to save you face…..I could post the quotes where you want to remove the revealed debuff…..

Please stop now

Thanks

Typical from someone who is very confused.

First of all, the part you quoted from is a respond to how easy it is for a new player to use D/P vs using D/D. Because of the blind field, it helps a new players in surviving combat. It has nothing to do with PvP nor anything competitive.

Second, my stance about spamming blind, not the skill, is based on my P/P build where I can projectile finish a smoke field by simply auto-attacking. The reason why there’s no mention about P/P in that post is because you’re referencing the wrong one. The whole post is how easy D/P is compare to D/D.

Here’s the right posts;

See this is the kind of remarks that shows your ignorance about the Thief profession. Misrepresentation of what I’ve posted is the key give away. Every Thief knows that no skill is spammable due to the limitations of the Initiative system. The claim I’ve made is spamming blind, not any Thief Skill. This can be accomplished by using pistol and simply auto-attacking inside BP or using Unload.

Another one;

You only need the bullets to pass through the field, you don’t want to be standing on it.

You can drop the smoke field and step out of it opposite from your target and keep them blinded. If you stay in the field, they’ll simply auto-attack you from the outside of the AoE. Using the smoke field as a wall is a very effective strategy. Always stay behind the field, not in it.

And here’s an older post of mine (9 mos ago);

I do that with my P/P build all the time. It forces my target to waste a dodge. Not so much about going into stealth. However, it’s not very effective 100% of a time but very useful when fighting against Rangers and Mesmers in WvW. ~snip~

For D/P, I get the same reaction in WvW when I do this combo. But unlike P/P, I cannot keep them blinded so it used to as a setup for a backstab…

Now your problem is that you got all these things jumbled up in your head that you think they are all in the same application. And please, you do me no favors.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

No BP (6 initiative) + Heartseeker (3 initiative) = 9 initiative wasted. Here’s where this kitten gets funny.

2. The biggest travesty….you don’t even know they axed the trait that gives you initiative on stealthing.

ROFLMAO

tsk, tsk, Steal refunds 2 init thanks to Klepto…keep laughing.

EDIT: By the way, before you respond and embarrass yourself, this is what I’ve posted.

I pre-cast BP before Steal so I land on top of you blinding you before HS -> stealth -> BS -> AA. You’ll have no chance to interrupt any of that.

(edited by Sir Vincent III.1286)

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

ROFLMAO

EDIT: By the way, before you respond and embarrass yourself, this is what I’ve posted.

I pre-cast BP before Steal so I land on top of you blinding you before HS -> stealth -> BS -> AA. You’ll have no chance to interrupt any of that.

If you’re stealing after using initiative at any point in a given fight, Bounding for stealth becomes strictly more efficient on all resources in every way over casting BP → HS.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Darn it Deciever, i thought/hoped this thread was going to die!

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Azukas.1426

ROFLMAO

He told you he dodged your steal thus no Klepto.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

ROFLMAO

If you’re stealing after using initiative at any point in a given fight, Bounding for stealth becomes strictly more efficient on all resources in every way over casting BP -> HS.

But that’s all Bound is about, just going in stealth. That’s my problem. I’m not just looking at that very instance of the fight, I’m looking at a fight as a whole. Sure it also grants 10% damage boost which will amount to nothing if you’re immobilized. A fight is more than just going in and out of stealth or dealing a large amount of damage, it’s also about surviving long enough to finish the job. Bound is a huge risk with little reward and to make it worth the risk, it needs to grant more damage boost. That’s all I’ve been saying before this Mesmer start talking about things he don’t understand.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

VciouSidewinder.4029

If I or any1 competent uses bound, we know we dont have immob cleanse and take appropriate measures. Most decent bound thieves have staff off-hand/main hand to counter immob. On top of that, if ur using staff, u go EA over PI so trickster can be used instead of BT since u dont need to steal stab to proc PI and u can use withdraw as well to counter the immob. Especially considering u get vigor from acro which is usually used with staff d/p. Since HoT, immob should never be a problem for thief regardless of what dodge u use because they have so many tools to counter it.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

ROFLMAO

He told you he dodged your steal thus no Klepto.

Right, first he said he will interrupt my HS now he choose to dodge. lol, nice try. He speak of Thieving 101 and he starts a fight by dodging, lolz — what are you dodging from? Wasting all that dodges is a sign of a noob panicking.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

If I or any1 competent uses bound, we know we dont have immob cleanse and take appropriate measures. Most decent bound thieves have staff off-hand/main hand to counter immob. On top of that, if ur using staff, u go EA over PI so trickster can be used instead of BT since u dont need to steal stab to proc PI and u can use withdraw as well to counter the immob. Especially considering u get vigor from acro which is usually used with staff d/p. Since HoT, immob should never be a problem for thief regardless of what dodge u use because they have so many tools to counter it.

Wait what? You’re changing the build now so you can win an argument. To be honest, I’ve said that already that the build needs EA over PI and needs Withdraw over CV…but noo, they said I’m wrong. Typical trolls.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

VciouSidewinder.4029

Right, first he said he will interrupt my HS now he choose to dodge. lol, nice try. He speak of Thieving 101 and he starts a fight by dodging, lolz — what are you dodging from? Wasting all that dodges is a sign of a noob panicking.

I headshot when i see u sitting on a bp, not when u steal + bp on top of me smarty pants.

You know what else proves u have absolutely no idea about ur class? Your premade combo that u got there. Thief isnt about premade combos, its about playing in reaction to ur opponent.

The whole point of channeled vigor is i can waste dodges. If u calculate ur dodges per second of meta build and initiative per second, 1 dodge will be less than 3 initiative. Ur BP and HS will require more time to replenish than my 2 dodges.

The whole first portion of thief duels is baiting steal. Its ok to dodge if u can dodge steal and like I said, noob thieves like urself have ur premade combos ur itching to use so i dodge twice and thieves like urself will always waste all ur crap cuz u dont play in response to me, u do ur combos. It will only work on another thief like urself because he probably has his own combo he’s itching to do and it comes down to whoever presses his buttons first.

kitten bro, what pvp rank did u even get to btw?

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

VciouSidewinder.4029

Wait what? You’re changing the build now so you can win an argument. To be honest, I’ve said that already that the build needs EA over PI and needs Withdraw over CV…but noo, they said I’m wrong. Typical trolls.

I’m a pvp thief who uses dash + PI + CV because its the best pvp build. If i duel a competent thief, i swap to bound staff d/p build because its the strongest dueling spec.

You need to adapt to ur situation instead of being too stubborn to swap and coming on the forums claiming ur build is the best in every situation.

EA is useless in PVP because u use dash, u dont get hit by dangerous condis if ur at least somewhat competent. If you do, u got shadow step and signet of agility to cleanse.

CV is better than withdraw because u spend so much time decapping and +1ing that the movement from node to node with CV makes up for more than withdraw so u can decap more nodes and +1 more fights. PVP for thief is literally movement speed and +1 burst.

(edited by VciouSidewinder.4029)

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I headshot when i see u sitting on a bp, not when u steal + bp on top of me smarty pants.

Right because you can definitely interrupt me while you’re blinded since both of us are sitting in my BP.

You know what else proves u have absolutely no idea about ur class? Your premade combo that u got there. Thief isnt about premade combos, its about playing in reaction to ur opponent.

Right, you talk as if Thieves have many other options. The combo works so it stays.

The whole point of channeled vigor is i can waste dodges. If u calculate ur dodges per second of meta build and initiative per second, 1 dodge will be less than 3 initiative. Ur BP and HS will require more time to replenish than my 2 dodges.

Is that why in your previous reply you opted Withdraw? Make up your mind.

The whole first portion of thief duels is baiting steal. Its ok to dodge if u can dodge steal and like I said, noob thieves like urself have ur premade combos ur itching to use so i dodge twice and thieves like urself will always waste all ur crap cuz u dont play in response to me, u do ur combos. It will only work on another thief like urself because he probably has his own combo he’s itching to do and it comes down to whoever presses his buttons first.

I don’t steal unless I have to. And you think dodging twice on the first go is a responsive play? You do realize you’re contradicting yourself right?

kitten bro, what pvp rank did u even get to btw?

Oh now it’s about rank? What’s next, you want to duel?

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I’m a pvp thief who uses dash + PI + CV because its the best pvp build. If i duel a competent thief, i swap to bound staff d/p build because its the strongest dueling spec.

You need to adapt to ur situation instead of being too stubborn to swap and coming on the forums claiming ur build is the best in every situation.

Don’t be ridiculous. Where did I ever claim my build is the best?

EA is useless in PVP because u use dash, u dont get hit by dangerous condis if ur at least somewhat competent. If you do, u got shadow step and signet of agility to cleanse.

CV is better than withdraw because u spend so much time decapping and +1ing that the movement from node to node with CV makes up for more than withdraw so u can decap more nodes and +1 more fights. PVP for thief is literally movement speed and +1 burst.

Ok, I won’t bother with you since you’re really good at arguing with yourself. Good luck with that.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

VciouSidewinder.4029

“Right, you talk as if Thieves have many other options. The combo works so it stays.”

That combo only works for crappy players like urself with no creativity. If you were creative, u wouldn’t stick to 1 situational combo that gets countered by a single dodge.

“Is that why in your previous reply you opted Withdraw? Make up your mind.”

I stated CV is best in PvP. Read above.

“I don’t steal unless I have to. And you think dodging twice on the first go is a responsive play? You do realize you’re contradicting yourself right?”

Considering u already know ur combo, i doubt it and my 2 dodges is in reaction to pretty much what 90% of thieves like urself do from experience.

“Oh now it’s about rank? What’s next, you want to duel?”

I wouldn’t mind dueling but its pretty obvious ur not a high rank cuz u use withdraw and EA in PVP. Answer the question.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Where did I ever claim my build is the best?”

Ur saying bound sucks cuz u dont know how to use it and it deserves a buff since dash is better. U say EA is the only trait to use. U say withdraw is the only heal to use.

“Ok, I won’t bother with you since you’re really good at arguing with yourself. Good luck with that.”

Sure because ur not getting anywhere cause u dont know ur class. Weren’t u the guy who suggested we get the 1s cd on stealth skills to replace reveal if im not mistaken?

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Oh for the love of Balthazar, this bickering is getting annoying. Take it to another thread. For the sake of ending this stupid thread i’m going to Summarize

I never thought id be the one to complain about thief seeing as I mained it for the longest time before HoT but this new staff acro dodge spam meta is so stupid, idk how you can nerf it but like acro needs a nerf.

*This is a simple statement about the OP’s opinion about Staff, Acro, dodge spam. The OP Is obviously frustrated with a build that he/she either has trouble beating. I say this because he calls for a nerf to the acrobatics line.

From here we go into some reasonable arguments why Acrobatics does not need nerfed, why the build is not overpowered, how to beat the build (including yet another point by point instruction by by self ), and some also reasonable arguments as to why the build needs nerfed.

• The latter arguments can be rebuffed by players who have not been playing long enough or become skilled enough to beat the build.

Several others and myself went on to explain how to win against dodge spam. Here i will sum that up to its easiest points.

• Against Vault: Wait for the delay aver the evade. Burst the Thief. it may take a couple hits to kill him, and he may run away.
  • Against D/D Condi Burst: Wait for Death Blossom. at the end of death blossom, right as it ends, burst the thief.
  • If any burst thief gets the drop on you, and they play their cards right, they should win the fight. That’s just he way it is. Thieves rely on getting the drop on their opponent.
  • Against D/D Gingerbread Man: Kite him. he does not have the mobility to chase you. Wait for Death blossom, then Burst him at the end of death blossom. It will take you a few hits, because he is probably running more health, toughness, and Healing power than normal. but his condi burst is slow to get started and slow to kill.
  • Immobilize does not work against thieves with Acrobatics, or Daredevil’s Dash. However we are short of stun breaks.
  • A thief who is loosing a fight will run away. get over it.

After that the thread turns into a group of people arguing and throwing passive aggressive insults.

• This is about the end of where the thread has been of use to anyone.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

That awkward moment when 75% of thread doesn’t know staff 3 removes immobilize but resumes arguing about how staff and dp thieves are kitten if they use bound against immobilize…………whispers my bruh….use staff 3.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Nobody likes it but it is all thieves got in current state of classes :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Azukas.1426

That awkward moment when 75% of thread doesn’t know staff 3 removes immobilize but resumes arguing about how staff and dp thieves are kitten if they use bound against immobilize…………whispers my bruh….use staff 3.

I knew and I don’t “teef”……..

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

There are three things that make theif’s over powered::

1. Options snap ground target to current target. This makes staff 5 skill to easy.

The Fix: Disable this option function to work on staff 5

1. Bandit’s Defense utility skill is a break stun, block & knockdown..

The Fix: Remove the break stun

1. Escapist’s absolution removes a condition when you evade an attack 1 second interval.

The Fix: Make it 2 seconds of a interval.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Azukas.1426

1. Options snap ground target to current target. This makes staff 5 skill to easy.

1. Escapist’s absolution removes a condition when you evade an attack 1 second interval.

None of that is even remotely true.

1. Did you see the spamwhich necro video where the dood played necro with his face using snap ground target? That’s broken. Vault is almost a skill shot due to you having to aim where the player WILL be not where they currently ARE.

2. Bandits can really get old. I’ve had my moments where I just hate the kitten skill, but in the grand scheme of things its a short duration block that stun breaks. The thief doesn’t move away instantly but stands there. That’s the balance. Punish the thief standing there.

3. Escapist absolution is easy to counter. Condi burst and stop attacking. That simple bro.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

I never thought id be the one to complain about thief seeing as I mained it for the longest time before HoT but this new staff acro dodge spam meta is so stupid, idk how you can nerf it but like acro needs a nerf.

Well it’s one of two builds thieves have left…should we just get rid of thief entirely? Looking to the base of the issue… thieves are desperately looking for more survivability. They no longer do the greatest dps, most toons now can hit a button, or have a trait that makes them immune for 7-8 seconds at a time (longer than any burst), and the only thing that can get through is conditions, but thieves have difficulty laying them on faster than they can be removed. So… if they’d give thieves more utility maybe you’d see less of this annoying (easily countered) build.

(edited by Link.1049)

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

1. Must be my limited skill but snap to ground is way too annoying with something like vault where I want to land in a specific orientation, distance, and position to my target. I suppose for what it does it works well if that’s how better staff players are using it.

2. I’d give up the Break Stun to clear Immobilize but if we’re talking staff only it can have too many things going on. But use it often and find out how often it’s not clutch. I’d rather take Blinding Powder with staff though.

3. EA has to work like that for the builds that use it to push modifiers, you’re giving up PI or Staff Master for it. What’s the problem there?

Kash
NSP

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I usually have this function turned off since it never put me in the location I want to land. Most of the time, it’s not advantageous to land on the target.

Nope. That’s not gonna happen. It’s one of the best defensive skills that the Thief have that is not an evasion.

The fact that an “evade” has to trigger in order for this to happen is enough to justify the short cooldown. A 2s CD will make this trait garbage.

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: Alveen.7239

Alveen.7239

I think all of these are fine like the people above me have explained, the only thing that is op atm is acro paired with DD. They need to reduce the amount of vigour or something. lowkey want them to nerf the damage bound does but it probably won’t happen

dodge spam meta is lame

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Dodge spam is lame but not terrible in light of the current state of the game. The thing that upsets me is Pulmonary Impact. I will face thieves who do nothing but dodge than try to interrupt. When playing classes like Ele or Reaper (power reaper) it is literally impossible to kill them because everything is a channel, so they just have to kite and interrupt. Yea, bad thieves are still bad, but an okay thief who plays like this can be near impossible to kill… especially when you dont have excessive stability or dodges. Even if you do damage them and/or outplay them, theyre gone faster than a toupe in a hurricane…