duo prof. with thief

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: Razr.9836

Razr.9836

Haven’t played since launch and am looking to get back into the game. My friend decided that he is going to lvl a thief. My question is what is a good compliment class for duo roaming WvWvW. I have read memsmer but have no intrest in playing a memser. I am looking between gs/hammer warrior, d\d thief, gs/mace or sword & shield guardian, and d\d ele.
Ty for your input. (sorry for wall of text im on my phone.)

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Personally I’d like to have an ele as a pet – I love their weapons and their fields.
But 2 thieves is pretty mean as well – 2 times as much stealth
The other classes work as well, but I’d say ele and thief are best with another thief.

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Thief-thief, thief-mesmer.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I think another thief for 2 reasons:

1. more stealth between you too and you won’t be depended on him for stealth (like when hiding in enemy structures)

2. focus from enemies – when a stealthy class goes invisible, in team fights, the visible party member usually gets focused. If you can handle the extra focus during fights, then ele/guard (for boons) are nice choices.

Almost all my guildies play mesmer and it’s often frustrating to play a non-stealthy class with them, especially since we try to take on group of similar size and I get focused from more people.

Attachments:

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Yeah, I also duo with a thief, and it’s much-o funny-o.
We also sit on teamspeak the entire time, and we are starting to get pretty coordinated. We both play D/P, so we take advantage of each others black powders, shadow refuges etc.
We can engage and disengage as we want.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: Lethal Njection.8741

Lethal Njection.8741

I feel like a glassbow ranger could work very well especially for them coordinated spikes ;D

I save Ascalon against another Charr invasion, and my father trifles with doors!

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

thief thief, thief mesmer

simple as that, both are good kitting class which are hard to catch

because if you just stealth away, the other guy will take double the damage, if he cant stealth or have good in fight kitting ability.

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

1. more stealth between you too and you won’t be depended on him for stealth (like when hiding in enemy structures)

2. focus from enemies – when a stealthy class goes invisible, in team fights, the visible party member usually gets focused. If you can handle the extra focus during fights, then ele/guard (for boons) are nice choices.

Almost all my guildies play mesmer and it’s often frustrating to play a non-stealthy class with them, especially since we try to take on group of similar size and I get focused from more people.

cough underworld cough similar size (buahahaha) get real xD none of the 2 servers ur up to can setup a fight.

anyway i wouldnt go thief thief. face the wrong class and ur thief thief setup is useless unless u both dont mind to run away find another victim. on the other hand thief thief is nice if u want to pick the fights.
i guess both things have their ups and downs

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Mesmer. It’s all about the combined troll potential of two classes who thrive on mindscrewing opponents and controlling enemy positions. Not to mention the stealth cover from both, and the extra potential boons from a Mesmer with the right kit.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

cough underworld cough similar size (buahahaha) get real xD none of the 2 servers ur up to can setup a fight.

anyway i wouldnt go thief thief. face the wrong class and ur thief thief setup is useless unless u both dont mind to run away find another victim. on the other hand thief thief is nice if u want to pick the fights.
i guess both things have their ups and downs

Obviously your idea of a fight differs from mine, you zergling peasant!

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

duo prof. with thief

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Condition thief + power d/d