[Few video]Thief burst is too low vs. others

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I’m glad other players are coming in here and clarifying this is, if it even is, an sPvP issue. As I see it, ALL burst skills need to be toned down. Thieves burst in WvW is still too high too. Instagibbing is still taking place in WvW. Thieves should never have been able to do that in the first place. No build should be able to output 20k in under 3 sec.

but … but… my ele loves to do double that dmg in 1s :c

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I’m glad other players are coming in here and clarifying this is, if it even is, an sPvP issue. As I see it, ALL burst skills need to be toned down. Thieves burst in WvW is still too high too. Instagibbing is still taking place in WvW. Thieves should never have been able to do that in the first place. No build should be able to output 20k in under 3 sec.

y plus perma stealth and blindness.
They need CD for heartseeker 5 sec and for backstab like 5 sec. Then it will be ok.

:P There’s a lot of perma-stuff going on in this game and forums… Unfortunately it’s impossible to nerf/stop them.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Xvenger.9567

Xvenger.9567

(happened a few moons ago in eternal battlegrounds…)
OH YEA my 2/6/6/0/0 D/D thief with full ascended gear SURE loves instagibbing people for 6-8k backstab damage almost regularly. Absofreakinlutely amazing damage. The burst is so high, an uplvl necro can somehow survive a proper backstab and spams /laugh, for attempting to burst him down first, and carries a runeset that auto casts fear on me for touching him. Then his buddy mesmer quickly turns me into a moa while a ranger, completely untouched in his tower, nearly breaks his keyboard mashing the #2 button and hits me for 13k easy “instagibbing” me at 1200 range.

I TOTALLY AGREE that a class that MUST position himself behind a target under melee range to do “acceptable” burst damage while avoiding/watching all the potential factors of aoe circles that are splashed all over the ground like a plague and single keystroke abilities that nullifies all your damage source for a few seconds must not be given the ability to instagib people even though the “rogue” class in every other game is supposed to be regarded as the class that excels at bursting single targets down.

/facepalm (sigh…all of this is sarcasm if you haven’t caught on by now)
by the way, those 20k+ burst thieves you speak of are generally one trick ponies who devote all of their utility skills into building 25 might stacks and traits to pure damage meaning they’re quite literary sitting ducks with their laughable hp if that single backstab fails and believe me, A LOT of stupid things can happen by chance that can make it fail. The everlasting teleport bug that doesn’t take you to the proper spot is just but one of many issues. And if you’re talking about 2 consecutive 10k backstabs= 20k in 3 secs… well that’s bordering on theoretical damage output and to simply put, is not easy and rather unlikely to happen.

in Thief

Posted by: Keyboardwarrior.8021

Keyboardwarrior.8021

After did all the tests and pvp, I got conclusion which is the same as some others’ here.

THIEF IS DEAD IN PVP……

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Can you either stop trolling, and or moaning now, it is getting rather pathetic. Just accept that you either suck in pvp by playing the meta (wvw) build – it doesn’t work and you proved it doesn’t, or listen to people that know what they are doing. the thief forums are normally full of troll’s and not 1 trollish or childish reply have i really seen in this entire thread, its mostly been legit advice.

everyone dies, who dosn’t but most people die because they was in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong thing.

This is what you are meant to do as a thief in pvp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZVE-s66G0

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

To many Passives.

Plan and simple, that is why a thieve is a loot bag.
If you think “thieves are in a good place” you are just deluding yourself.

The only reason to play a thieve at this point is if you enjoy there mechanic’s.

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

Can you either stop trolling, and or moaning now, it is getting rather pathetic. Just accept that you either suck in pvp by playing the meta (wvw) build – it doesn’t work and you proved it doesn’t, or listen to people that know what they are doing. the thief forums are normally full of troll’s and not 1 trollish or childish reply have i really seen in this entire thread, its mostly been legit advice.

everyone dies, who dosn’t but most people die because they was in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong thing.

This is what you are meant to do as a thief in pvp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZVE-s66G0

First, I am not sure what makes you think you could make the judgement, clearly you didn’t show us anything positive here yourself but post a link here from someone else. I suggest you play a thief yourself then come here and put all these kitten again.

Second, just take a look at this video, it never shown any real combat between a thief and a counter part, it’s always, she joins an existing fight and catches someone off guard while the target is fighting others, put pressure on someone greatly wounded already, let me tell you, other class can still do a better job in this kind of situation. Go watch this video again, this person cuts off the video every time when a real encounter fight starts, why???

So please don’t make yourself look like kitten here. There are a lot people here agree with me.

Clearly she is using S/D build and understand D main hand is nerfed to ground, and not using Dagger main hand build, which is what we are talking about here. Please go troll somewhere else you toidi.

Let me list out the points from your video:
1. Take a point while nobody there, yeah, thief is soo useful….
2. see picture here from the video, ask your slow brain, why did he say things like this in a pro introduction video?? Isn’t this pathetic?

Attachments:

(edited by Keyboardwarrior.8021)

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

3. Focus on the squishy one. clearly that target is almost dead, when she jumps in, while, let me tell you, other class can do a lot better job than clearing the salvage kills.

Attachments:

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

4. see picture here, and think about again why he only mention these two here, because in a same skill level, thief can not handle other class, which proves my point, thief is useless and dead in pvp.

Attachments:

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

5. Out number fights? seriously? anything moves can outnumber fights…

Attachments:

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

6. The author of this video clearly state, thief doesn’t even have the ability and capacity to EVEN a fight….

Attachments:

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

7. Poison the downed, and yeah, very “useful”, do you think other class could have better skills to deal with someone 99% dead?

Attachments:

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

8. another point of how to deal with downed enemy, wow…..

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

9. Scout and report, well, guess what, anything moves can do this…. nothing to do with this topic here which is about damage.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Thanks, OP. I really needed that. It’s been a long time since I’ve laughed that hard at a forum post.

in Thief

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

idk what you talking about man, just made a D/D thief build today and spent 3 hours runnin around 1/2 shotting guildies.

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

So to summarize it from this pro player’s video is what thief should do in ranked play…
1. Take a point while nobody there, once someone comes, run for your life!
2. Don’t jump in to even a fight, thief can not even a fight, leave to ele and others, keep running…
3. Your job is to kill those ones who is one touch away from dead or keep the downed one suffer from your poison… even it’s one touch away from dead, but you better do it while he/she is fighting another person and didn’t see you…
4. As a thief, you probably can only face another thief or mes, if others coming, keep running…
5. keep running and report what you see…..

So basically, what a thief can do are two things in this video, run and deal with the dead. This is the real pathetic thing you should realize.

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

and thanks for posting this video to support my point which is :

THIEF IS USELESS AND DEAD IN PVP

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I read your first paragraph and that was it. you are trying way too hard to troll.
stop please – end of line.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

One video doesn’t prove anything… it’s just an anecdote.
(I think this type of rebut was one of the most used ones by Sandelusk)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

I read your first paragraph and that was it. you are trying way too hard to troll.

I understand, if keep reading, it will make your face red and blood pressure higher… so end line is a better choice.

I just read your post here in this topic… you are obviously not a thief player but trolling here with opinions from others…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/PvP-Guide-for-new-Thiefs-in-Ranked-Arenas/first#post4670591

For others who wants to post here, please make sure at least you play a 80 level thief and at least level 40 in pvp, otherwise, don’t bull kitten here please ^

in Thief

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

OP can’t differentiate between frontstab and backstab. His argument is invalid. See link for further evidence.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/9300-final-thrust-in-spvp-really/first#post4666601

0/10 on troll attempt.

10/10 on being dumb.

in Thief

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Blah, blah, Thieves cry, omg. Some kind of ppl will always moan even with "WIN!!!" button.

After 6k Heartseeker to me to full Rabid gear at 50% HP - yeah, tell me more about Thieves weakness

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I understand, if keep reading, it will make your face red and blood pressure higher… so end line is a better choice.

I just read your post here in this topic… you are obviously not a thief player but trolling here with opinions from others…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/PvP-Guide-for-new-Thiefs-in-Ranked-Arenas/first#post4670591

For others who wants to post here, please make sure at least you play a 80 level thief and at least level 40 in pvp, otherwise, don’t bull kitten here please ^

You didn’t care for my opinion.

Attachments:

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

So to summarize it from this pro player’s video is what thief should do in ranked play…
1. Take a point while nobody there, once someone comes, run for your life!
2. Don’t jump in to even a fight, thief can not even a fight, leave to ele and others, keep running…
3. Your job is to kill those ones who is one touch away from dead or keep the downed one suffer from your poison… even it’s one touch away from dead, but you better do it while he/she is fighting another person and didn’t see you…
4. As a thief, you probably can only face another thief or mes, if others coming, keep running…
5. keep running and report what you see…..

So basically, what a thief can do are two things in this video, run and deal with the dead. This is the real pathetic thing you should realize.

Who ever made that video must be joking. That was a good laugh.

Obviously made by a Warrior telling Thieves to get out of the way. lol.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well…
Fact is that your low amount of damage is due to your build. Build make your damage or not.
Fact is that your survivability is due to your build and your skills.
Fact is that you seem to use either P/P or D/D.
Fact is that you are using build you search on internet.

So, first of all, mister KeyboardWarrior, you need to understand your class what you can do, what you can’t. You also need to understand how to build and why you build in a way or not. You need to choose things that fit your gameplay and help you where you are lacking.

There are some rules in this game. Unless you understand them, you won’t be able to perform with any classes.
1°- Damage are done by stacking, on your build, the most possible + X% damage trait/ runes. (power build)
2°- your damage will stil be laugeable if you don’t have any crit chance AND ferocity. (power build)
Once you understand this 2 points, you are able to build for damage.

You want dps? build and gear for DPS. when I see your damage I can’t help myself but thinking : “God this guy have absolutely no crit chance”

Now you seem to have an issue with survivability. Luckily, without stealth, thieves have a set of skills that are here for that.
First of all, Blind . Blind is something you can spam as a thief. It will totally negate any non aoe attack from your ennemy. A blinded ele, a blinded warrior or whatever, they will all miss their high damaging/long cd attack if they are blinded. You as a thief, you can permablind! Do it!
Second, Dodge/evade. Thieves have so many of them it would be a shame to not use them.
Third, stunt. Yes, as a thief, you are really potent at stuning foes. You can easily interrupt everything that could come at you.

Sword and off hand pistol are your best friend if you lack sone defense. It won’t hurt you to give them a try.

Lastly, I think, you are caught up in a meta against which you don’t want to adapt. You are just a wanabee owned peeps. I personnally think it’s totally possible for thieves to play a cele OP build to. In fact it would probably be a good counter for the boon starving meta because cele thieves can and will steal boons to use them.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Well…
Fact is that your low amount of damage is due to your build. Build make your damage or not.

Not true. Other professions are being buffed defensive-wise while Thieves are nerfed damage-wise.

Obviously.

What’s wrong with P/P and D/D?

Also if it is a “fact” then why are your using words like “seems”, “either”, and “or”.

You can’t call your assumption based on nothing as “fact”.

So, first of all, mister KeyboardWarrior, you need to understand your class what you can do, what you can’t. You also need to understand how to build and why you build in a way or not. You need to choose things that fit your gameplay and help you where you are lacking.

That’s not the issue that the OP brought forth. You’re arguing about fishes when we’re discussing about cows.

There are some rules in this game. Unless you understand them, you won’t be able to perform with any classes.
1°- Damage are done by stacking, on your build, the most possible + X% damage trait/ runes. (power build)

False. Obviously not true in WvW. Next!

2°- your damage will stil be laugeable if you don’t have any crit chance AND ferocity. (power build)

False. What do you call condition damage then? Next!

Failed points. Nothing here to understand.

You want dps? build and gear for DPS. when I see your damage I can’t help myself but thinking : “God this guy have absolutely no crit chance”

Maybe he’s building condition? Hmm…

Now you seem to have an issue with survivability. Luckily, without stealth, thieves have a set of skills that are here for that.
First of all, Blind . Blind is something you can spam as a thief. It will totally negate any non aoe attack from your ennemy. A blinded ele, a blinded warrior or whatever, they will all miss their high damaging/long cd attack if they are blinded. You as a thief, you can permablind! Do it!

Really? Permablind? How you can permablind without burning Initiative uselessly? The fact is, you can’t.

Second, Dodge/evade. Thieves have so many of them it would be a shame to not use them.

Absolutely not true.

Third, stunt. Yes, as a thief, you are really potent at stuning foes. You can easily interrupt everything that could come at you.

I think you mean daze. Stun and Daze are not the same thing.

Sword and off hand pistol are your best friend if you lack sone defense. It won’t hurt you to give them a try.

Not gonna happen. S/P is the worst in DPS. If you really want to give a credible advice, you should have suggested D/P.

Lastly, I think, you are caught up in a meta against which you don’t want to adapt. You are just a wanabee owned peeps. I personnally think it’s totally possible for thieves to play a cele OP build to. In fact it would probably be a good counter for the boon starving meta because cele thieves can and will steal boons to use them.

This suggestion about “cele” build is counter intuitive in achieving the highest damage output. That sir is a proven fact.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Sir Vincent III.1286 can you shoot your roaming or cPVP and share with us, please?

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Thief

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Who wants nachos? Spicy, extra jalapenos! Comes with choice of guacamole, sour cream, or cream cheese!

Attachments:

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286 can you shoot your roaming or cPVP and share with us, please?

Request denied. I don’t see how this information is relevant.

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

Well…

Don’t you think every thief here knows blind??? it’s barely useful while there are tons tons of AEO stuns, AEO condi damage, AEO Fears and bunker gears, you must play too much game on dummies…
Second, Dodge/evade. well, you make it sounds like only thief can dodge and evade…
Thief is really like nothing in pvp now… some guardian even dancing when I dps him… it’s so disappointing, I also met warrior turned back on me and let me dps for a few sec before he started……when I start this game I thought it’s a major class… turns out to be a joke.

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

I agree with some post on this section, thief needs buff.

Either increase HP pool to match others, or increase burst damage, currently thief is unplayable in pvp, squishy target for others to laugh at….

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

Who wants nachos? Spicy, extra jalapenos! Comes with choice of guacamole, sour cream, or cream cheese!

Cream cheese? What kind of sicko are you?

And guacamole OR sour cream? Both, of course!

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Either increase HP pool to match others, or increase burst damage, currently thief is unplayable in pvp, squishy target for others to laugh at….

Too bad they can’t buff your skill level

You will never be good at Thief even if they had 20k base health

You should try a Warrior or Guardian with Soldier Amulet

You know how I know that you are bad and Thief is fine? Watch any high level PvP tournament in the history of Guild Wars 2 – You will see a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: zxosz.4097

zxosz.4097

thievies are in a odd place atm and have been both targeted to be nerf’d and indirectly nerf’d. when other classes were granted the ability to reveal that hurt, channeled skills still tracking through stealth hurts and is kinda broken, and when they nerf’d mug so it didnt crit that really hurt. not to mention the whole meta atm works against us ,tbh thieves need a slight buff or undo some nerfs in pvp nothing crazy though. if eles can have there nerfs undone while maintaining there broken burst i think we could atleast have mug crit again.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

You know how I know that you are bad and Thief is fine? Watch any high level PvP tournament in the history of Guild Wars 2 – You will see a Thief

In a team based sPvP where your team mates are watching your back by buffing you, protecting you, and healing you, sure, but a Thief without babysitters are dead Thief equipped with paper armor and a pair of toothpicks.

in Thief

Narkodx.1472

In a team based sPvP where your team mates are watching your back by buffing you, protecting you, and healing you, sure, but a Thief without babysitters are dead Thief equipped with paper armor and a pair of toothpicks.

Yeah maybe YOU need a baby sitter but not high level thieves who consistently disengage from ANYTHING besides another Thief do you watch top players in PvP like Toker/Sizer? They’re not even in team fights that often to be healed by team mates they are usually back capping watching respawns etc Maybe D/P Thief needs baby sitter but not S/D with 6 Acro – The build literally doesn’t ever have to die in a match – Evades for days + Shadow Refuge = Disengage from anything

I get it – you guys think Thieves should be standing on point trading auto attacks with a Cele Ele but that is simply never going to happen – Your job is to DECAP since no one is as fast as you and to +1 fights

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Yeah maybe YOU need a baby sitter but not high level thieves who consistently disengage from ANYTHING besides another Thief do you watch top players in PvP like Toker/Sizer? They’re not even in team fights that often to be healed by team mates they are usually back capping watching respawns etc Maybe D/P Thief needs baby sitter but not S/D with 6 Acro – The build literally doesn’t ever have to die in a match – Evades for days + Shadow Refuge = Disengage from anything

I get it – you guys think Thieves should be standing on point trading auto attacks with a Cele Ele but that is simply never going to happen – Your job is to DECAP since no one is as fast as you and to +1 fights

Capping/decapping is not the problem that is being discussed here. The role of the Thief in PvP is not the issue. It is when the Thief joins the team fight is the problem.

Your complete disregard of the main topic is the major flaw of your argument.

in Thief

Narkodx.1472

Capping/decapping is not the problem that is being discussed here. The role of the Thief in PvP is not the issue. It is when the Thief joins the team fight is the problem.

The main topic? “Thief burst is too low…” – Team fights is the topic?

Thief joining a team fight? – That is not your role in pvp so what are you doing?

You sure you on the right topic?

in Thief

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Well…

Don’t you think every thief here knows blind??? it’s barely useful while there are tons tons of AEO stuns, AEO condi damage, AEO Fears and bunker gears, you must play too much game on dummies…
Second, Dodge/evade. well, you make it sounds like only thief can dodge and evade…
Thief is really like nothing in pvp now… some guardian even dancing when I dps him… it’s so disappointing, I also met warrior turned back on me and let me dps for a few sec before he started……when I start this game I thought it’s a major class… turns out to be a joke.

To be fair, you are just as guilty as he was about making it sound evade was only a Thief thing when you speak of AoE. As if AoE was less dangerous to other profession.

AoE is bad for anyone that lies inside of it period. The fact that you can do AoE yourself changes nothing about how bad news they are for you too.

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

If thieves could only do what you said, then thief class surely needs buff…

in Thief

Narkodx.1472

You’re obviously a troll man give it up already

I am the idiot and I am the one who is stupid when your ability to type just ONE coherent sentence is lacking

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP

You do not even PvP LOL

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

thievies are in a odd place atm and have been both targeted to be nerf’d and indirectly nerf’d. when other classes were granted the ability to reveal that hurt, channeled skills still tracking through stealth hurts and is kinda broken, and when they nerf’d mug so it didnt crit that really hurt. not to mention the whole meta atm works against us ,tbh thieves need a slight buff or undo some nerfs in pvp nothing crazy though. if eles can have there nerfs undone while maintaining there broken burst i think we could atleast have mug crit again.

I agree with this here, not only once but a lot times, rapid fire curved their way to follow me when I was in stealth….. sometimes even I went to stealth first….

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Thief joining a team fight? – That is not your role in pvp so what are you doing?

Tell me, what does capping/decapping has to do with “Thief burst is too low…”

Are you bursting the cap point?

Even if you are, the topic is “vs other class”. Either way, you’re off topic.

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

I am the idiot and I am the one who is stupid when your ability to type just ONE coherent sentence is lacking

You do not even PvP LOL

It’s not that I claim you are one, but your statement approved it… you were asking people not to pvp in a pvp game, isn’t that stupid?

wow…. you really pvp a lot, how comes I can not find your name there but saw your complaining my English? we are talking about thief burst damage here, you consistently argue other kitten including my English…. aren’t you stupid?

in Thief

Narkodx.1472

You do not even PvP LOL

It’s not that I claim you are one, but your statement approved it… you were asking people not to pvp in a pvp game, isn’t that stupid?

wow…. you really pvp a lot, how comes I can not find your name there but saw your complaining my English? we are talking about thief burst damage here, you consistently argue other kitten including my English…. aren’t you stupid?

There is a button on there that allows you to go to the OLD leader board the one that actually mattered a bit – click on that so you can see my 1800+ games
Why aren’t you on the old or new leader board? You only play hotjoin with shadow arts and dual daggers right!?

You are honestly too funny keep it up – bad english and bad player

(edited by Narkodx.1472)

in Thief

Narkodx.1472

Tell me, what does capping/decapping has to do with “Thief burst is too low…”

Are you bursting the cap point?

Even if you are, the topic is “vs other class”. Either way, you’re off topic.

I’m not really interested in getting into a flame war with you

You have been around for a while now

Are Thieves viable or not at the highest level of play? Are they or are they not represented on EVERY top team?

That’s the only question that matters

Have a nice day

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

You do not even PvP LOL

There is a button on there that allows you to go to the OLD leader board the one that actually mattered a bit – click on that so you can see my 1300+ games
Why aren’t you on the old or new leader board? You only play hotjoin with shadow arts and dual daggers right!?

oh please… I just used the search function there and searched your user name, well, guess what, nothing showed up… I don’t want to dig things centuries ago.

I am not sure if my English is bad… but that’s not the point here… again.. clear your slow mind first before you pull all these kitten in front of us.

Done wasting time with ya ^

in Thief

Narkodx.1472

You do not even PvP LOL

There is a button on there that allows you to go to the OLD leader board the one that actually mattered a bit – click on that so you can see my 1300+ games

oh please… I just used the search function there and searched your user name, well, guess what, nothing showed up… I don’t want to dig things centuries ago.

I am not sure if my English is bad… but that’s not the point here… again.. clear your slow mind first before you pull all these kitten in front of us.

Done wasting time with ya ^

Just answer one more question

Do you use shadow arts and dual daggers in hotjoins? I already know you do

http://i.imgur.com/DOqLXrt.gif

(edited by Narkodx.1472)

in Thief

Keyboardwarrior.8021

@keyboardwarrior: We know that other classes can do comparable /more damage than thieves; they have higher coefficients and comparable modifiers, so mathematically the potential (and actual in some cases) damage output is greater. The problem is is that thief constantly walks the line between OP and UP and it’s largely dependent on player skill (both yours and the enemy’s ). The thing is our flat out ability to tank is nill, so if that’s your assessment of the thief’s survivability it’s never going to be good because we lack the blocks, invulns, and protection that other classes have. We do have a plethora of evades, dodges, blinds, and even weakness application. That’s sort of what leads to the disagreement between thieves and other classes because our fights end up being bipolar unless both parties are good with their particular classes: you either win handily or eat dirt hard.

I happen to think we’re in a pretty decent spot right now. A few tweaks/fixes here and there to things like venoms/deathblossom/traps would be great, but I can’t think of too much that could be buffed without overwhelming other classes (not all others but maybe a third of them) or nerfs that wouldn’t make thieves sub par to other zerkers. That seems like pretty decent balance to me right now at least.

Any class can be OP or UP depends on the players’ skills, this is pointless, I don’t know why you say useless things like this.

Again, they have equivalent skills to defense like our stealth, they are tankier, have more HP, more CC skills and damage burst is more, that’s total unfair.

Just to drive the point home how much of a difference your traits can make in your burst output (especially in PvP), I’ve attached a few pictures.

2,541 Steal
3,191 C&D
8,096 BS

If you look at my cooldown timers, that 13,828 damage happened in about 1 second. Yes this is a zerk v. zerk fight, but the damage doesn’t really need to be higher, just some of the thief weapon skills and utilities need tweaking.

You need to see the combat log to see damage of each hit my friend, the number on the screen is not exactly damage from each skill… that 8096 BS you saw on screen might include your flame and air, your position, bleeding damage etc… the actual BS might be just around 4k