finish from stealth?

finish from stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

So I normally don’t complain about things, however I just got finished off from downed by a thief in stealth (banner plant thing). Is this intentional? I would have thought the stealth should break when he does the interaction to finish me…

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

finish from stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: Jmcdg.8706

Jmcdg.8706

It is intentional, for what I know at least. We have no way of getting stability so our only way of making sure you stay down and for good is to stealth and finish you off. Please, take note that most interrupt abilities don’t require targeting. I’ve been throwed down while stealthed by a warrior, stunned by a ranger and one time feared by a necro (all while stealthily finishing them). Got to check on the necro part tho maybe he did fear me as soon as I went into stealth.

finish from stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

I see, thanks for the civil reply, and a reasonable answer. I’ll try to take such information into account next time I’m downed by a thief.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

finish from stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

If the thief has a dagger in offhand he will probably CnD and do the finish. We go out of stealth the moment we hit you wit the finisher, the animation before is just a channeled effect which is not breaking stealth until we hit.

Melder – Thief

finish from stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

If you see a thief coming at you when you’re downed, and goes into stealth. Just note how long it takes for him to finish you off (time = T). If you are a ranger or necro, you can stop him from finishing you if you activate that “you shall not finish me” skill before T..

This also works the other way around, if you are playing pvp and had several encounters with the same necro, note when he uses the fear skill once you activated finish him. This time dodge just before he uses it, and you can finish him off without being feared

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

finish from stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Yeah we kinda have to go stealth, we can get downed by already downed players -.-

finish from stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

Yeah we kinda have to go stealth, we can get downed by already downed players -.-

That’s the case with every glass cannon.

As to the other clueless thieves:

Necro and Ranger interrupts require a target. The traited stealth duration also makes it possible to stay in stealth for the whole duration of the stomp.

Stealth stomp is only countered with a handful of effects in the game. Is it OP? I don’t know, to be honest. Stability stomp is even less counter-able than a stealth stomp. However, the fact that the thief can down you almost immediately (less frequent after the signet change, but still possible) and then stomp you so others can’t reliably counter it is certainly OP.

finish from stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: Revelstoke.8924

Revelstoke.8924

Ranger interrupt does not require a target. I’ve been interrupted many times before while stealth stomping. In fact, Ive even been hit by warrior hammers in stealth if they happen to be facing me when they throw it. Only fear requires a target.

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

finish from stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

, the fact that the thief can down you almost immediately (less frequent after the signet change, but still possible) and then stomp you so others can’t reliably counter it is certainly OP.

Super glassy thieves that typically immediately get their target on the ground are the same thieves that die before channeling their finisher if you go stand over your buddy and mash #1. The counter isn’t hard at all, for some reason people just think stealth = invulnerability. You know where a super squishy target is going to be standing for a few seconds without doing anything, take advantage of it.

The exception would be a thief haste-stomping, which is a whole different ball game, but at that point they’re blowing quite a few CDs and pretty much guaranteeing no escape so I think it is a fair tradeoff.

finish from stealth?

in Thief

Posted by: ben.5132

ben.5132

Elementalists can finish people while being invulnerable, guardians can block the interrupt, warriors get a lot of stability, etc. I’m sure if you put a little effort into it you can find a great way to stomp someone with every class…