how is daredevil?

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: cptn skyz.8706

cptn skyz.8706

hey all thief has been my main since lauch love the class had lots of fun with but then nerfs came and i still enjoy it but its gotten to hard to play with in pvp/1v1 which is what i do the most so now i barely touch my touch my thief which is sad cuz i had so much fun with it (i main ranger now ) but i wanted to know how do you guys find the daredevil in a spvp/1v1 situation ? and how do you fare vs classes like guard , ele and engi ? thanks

Skyz Thief

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Moodrich.1093

Moodrich.1093

hey all thief has been my main since lauch love the class had lots of fun with but then nerfs came and i still enjoy it but its gotten to hard to play with in pvp/1v1 which is what i do the most so now i barely touch my touch my thief which is sad cuz i had so much fun with it (i main ranger now ) but i wanted to know how do you guys find the daredevil in a spvp/1v1 situation ? and how do you fare vs classes like guard , ele and engi ? thanks

I’ve been liking the different sides you can go with Dare devil. The utility skills let you either pick and choose those for a zerk build, or condi build, or even pick one new skill and pick old ones your comfortable with. The elite skill makes it so that 1v1’s are easy if you have a way of taking an enemy down with your build.
1v2 I’ve found I can survive pretty well with the 3 dodges + if I’m able to take one down and time the elite quick, I can move on to the next one asap without the other enemy having time to revive their friend.

Overall its different, but I’ve very much enjoyed my time in PvP with it. My suggestion is to play with a build you enjoy and incorporate daredevil spec line and a utility skill in as well. Very fun!

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

From all that I’ve been reading, it seems like the spec line is the go-to acro line. If you need acro line in your build, take DD line instead basically.

Only interesting thing that seems to have surfaced up is that one of the dodges does a leap finisher, so you have access to stealth via x/P’s blinding powder and the dodge.

D/D spamming death blossom paired with one of the dodges seems to gotten a bit more potent.

Everything prior to this line coming out, still stands.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Christonya.3856

Christonya.3856

Pretty poor. Comparatively speaking. The current DP thief is probably going to be meta over DD any thing, except with all the reveal mechanics and stealth hate DP probably won’t be viable, as such thief is seemingly going to get completely phased out of the meta.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Can you play a stealth daredevil? Being acrobatic, daredevil and shadow art and be competitive?

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I tried that… With Hidden thief. Too weak, too much sustain. With the staff equipped, i had a few good opportunities in landing Knockdowns, but with the damage so low, SA felt like a waste.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Can you play a stealth daredevil? Being acrobatic, daredevil and shadow art and be competitive?

Not really.
Both SA and Daredevil are really the specs you tak for survability, and since you always need trickery, you end up not having any damage traitline ( DA or CS ) and you do very poor damage.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: NickuhhWha.6249

NickuhhWha.6249

As an eternal fan of D/D stabby shenanigans, I tried my best to make it work with daredevil. No matter what build I did, it couldn’t compare to anything being released. By splitting the focus between stealth and evasion, there’s no way to fit in essentials for each.

Honestly, even with reveals, I’ll still probably stick with my stealth build. But I’ve found it really fun to use staff with ENDLESS evades and just perpetually bounce the enemy team to death. All in all, staff does good damage and is fun, but no matter how many evades you have the lack of healing/invisibility makes things challenging as a thief.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Not really.
Both SA and Daredevil are really the specs you tak for survability, and since you always need trickery, you end up not having any damage traitline ( DA or CS ) and you do very poor damage.

that’s not true. DD/SA/TR i still do a pretty good damage (without the right equip)

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

As an eternal fan of D/D stabby shenanigans, I tried my best to make it work with daredevil. No matter what build I did, it couldn’t compare to anything being released. By splitting the focus between stealth and evasion, there’s no way to fit in essentials for each.

Honestly, even with reveals, I’ll still probably stick with my stealth build. But I’ve found it really fun to use staff with ENDLESS evades and just perpetually bounce the enemy team to death. All in all, staff does good damage and is fun, but no matter how many evades you have the lack of healing/invisibility makes things challenging as a thief.

Really? I found the most success running D/D Staff. I run DA/TR/DD running Weakening Strikes, Escapist’s Absolution, and Bound with Withdraw, ShadowStep, Bandit’s Defense, Fist Flurry and Impact Strike. It’s actually pretty good considering you have two weapons that complement each other; Staff has defense, D/D has burst.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAW6an0MBlNhtNBGOBkmiFeCjrEkB2AzFwFYFU7M9DCAA-TVSBABG/AAsU9nC1Nc++DmpE8KlfLcEA04gAAwFAgUARM0C-w

This a WvW build and has not been tested but I am looking at this in a STAFF daredevil build traited for SA/DA/DD no trickery.

It has good access to stealth INI free for a staff build so the intent is those knockdowns followed by the AA chain. Impact sigil and force sigil will come into play here meaning 10(impact)+5 (force) + 10 (staff mastery) + 10 (evasive empowerment) +10 (exposed weakness) potential to damage even before executioner kicks in. Crit rate is not great but is decent (no fury) but the damge very good if it kicks in. Lay trap and then with a dodge (very fast dodge superspeed redundant so might change to bounder) get right in close for the hook and knockdown. I am not really too concerned if the trap triggered but if it is it a bonus.

Not tested and only theoretical but no trickery in the build.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Really? I found the most success running D/D Staff. I run DA/TR/DD running Weakening Strikes, Escapist’s Absolution, and Bound with Withdraw, ShadowStep, Bandit’s Defense, Fist Flurry and Impact Strike. It’s actually pretty good considering you have two weapons that complement each other; Staff has defense, D/D has burst.

I’m using pretty much that roll out but I find myself instinctively trying to lock down people the way I would with S/D. I’ve started using anything that can position me right ahead of them to try and interrupt with the Elite sometimes if I really need to stop a runner over 50% health. Bandits D seems to work better in a 1v? because at least one new comer will unknowingly land the hit where the prime bad guy isn’t going to walk into it. I really want Fist F to have fewer opportunities to miss but I’m going to use it anyway because it’s fun and looks cool but I’ll probably end up shelving it for other low cooldown utilities a lot.

Kash
NSP

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

I main Thief since Gw2 start in Pvp, and I must say Im dissapointed!
I know the beginnning problem of to much dps after stealth till to much dodge after s/d buffing …. till acrobatic nerving.
I have played all classes in tpvp knowing PROS and CONS.

SO, I expected more of Daredevil, the dodges fix are OK, add leap finisher instead of explosion finisher to bounding dodge.
I dont know what to do with staff, instead played pulmonary IMpact s/p sh thief, but there are to much downsides in gameplay … my nervs are raw …. switched to Revenant and feel like a boss.

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Eleandra.4859

Eleandra.4859

The funny thing is: Playing Revenant with ONLY Shiro for the first time even in PvP reaading the skills while fighting is more efficient than Staff + Daredevil with a fairly good knowledge of the class and weapon.

That is so sad I do not even know what to say.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

reroll to another class until thief gets some buffs. this class blows right now and it isn’t fun to play anymore. all the other classes are soooo much more fun except warrior but they’re always the boring class in every game

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Kind of want to bump this, since this is kind of the unofficial topic about DrD…

How is it, truly, after the BWE3?

What I got out of the other more official thread is that people are mainly happy about it.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I personally did well and I had only two qualms: Hook strike takes too darn long to land and debilitating arc’s backward roll seemed bug (I got hit mid dodge) but otherwise it worked well to me. Bound+steal= 6k free damage followed by DA= 10k free damage and them probably burning a dodge or utility. If they tried to turn and burn me I’d just bound/Da spam until they stopped (its a near perfect loop, just debug DA) because neither has a cast time, pre-cast, or after cast. But I get it takes a while for everyone to pick up. So ye. But don’t buff the numbers on it anymore, just… don’t please. Make preparedness baseline though plz, its the singular reason I take trickery. I’d SERIOUSLY prefer DA over trickery, but that one master minor makes it a required.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

I watched some bwe3 videos. The only thing that got my attention was the dash skill.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

Time to reroll. I played BWE3 this weekend and DD was completely underwhelming. Staff doesn’t make any sense, clunky or straight up absurd animations and very low utility compared to what other people are getting.

I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent playing Reaper (necro e-spec) and Revenant, so I will be rerolling to one of them come expansion time.

The lack of imagination and effort that went into the daredevil spec and the thief in general is truly depressing. I’m not going to enjoy saying goodbye to my thief, but playing a class that has devs that refuse to make beneficial changes doesn’t make any sense.

We had our chance to give feedback for the past 3 BWE’s and it fell largely on deaf ears.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Carn.9473

Carn.9473

Yes, only dash good skill, rest daredevil skills not that good compared other profs.

I played S/D > Deadly Arts-Critical Strikes-Daredevil, with dash and sword 2 pretty fun and and have good mobility actually.

But still thief needs more love by devs.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Its honestly bottom tier with dragon hunter….luckily guardian has a lot of diversity in their build choices and across ALL game modes….

Thieves are niche (they remain great at decapping/roaming, but thats been here for a while……..) – stealth is the only way to survive this power creep that other elite specs have…. in that case, daredevil/staff is just a joke….since anet thought they could give thieves a non-stealth synergy type spec and it would be successful…..

news flash anet, thieves can’t SURVIVE without STEALTH….. no amount of kungkittenpanda is going to change that….ESPECIALLY now with reapers and chronomancers that just “LOL, i just got tickled by a thief, bam, he’s dead now”

This class is put on the shelf for me… its time to move onto classes that can actually do new, cool, things that have more viable options than this garbage….

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

Time to reroll. I played BWE3 this weekend and DD was completely underwhelming. Staff doesn’t make any sense, clunky or straight up absurd animations and very low utility compared to what other people are getting.

I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent playing Reaper (necro e-spec) and Revenant, so I will be rerolling to one of them come expansion time.

The lack of imagination and effort that went into the daredevil spec and the thief in general is truly depressing. I’m not going to enjoy saying goodbye to my thief, but playing a class that has devs that refuse to make beneficial changes doesn’t make any sense.

We had our chance to give feedback for the past 3 BWE’s and it fell largely on deaf ears.

This^^

Our Dev ignored 97% of our feedback for DD. I am still waiting for them to make some changes to normal thief class.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

It’s alright.. i guess.

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

the staff is kinda meh, but the daredevil trait lines bring some very nice upgrades to the evasion condi d/d thief build

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

Lacking

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

Kind of want to bump this, since this is kind of the unofficial topic about DrD…

How is it, truly, after the BWE3?

What I got out of the other more official thread is that people are mainly happy about it.

The staff needs quite a bit of work, and in general I feel like it’s a pretty useless weapon.

The traitline itself is not bad, at least in my opinion. I was able to play the old S/D acro thief with it relatively successfully. Maybe it’s nothing new, but at least it’s an option.

The glaring weakness is that, at its core, DrD is still Thief. By that I mean that it is basically still a +1/decapper, though now with less stealth and more speed (because we totally needed to be faster?). I don’t mind that it is being developed this way, because I was at least having fun, but I really think core Thief (Acro in particular) really needs work.

Edit: To be more clear, it is a somewhat mixed bag. I had fun while playing it, but some things could be made a bit strong. In all honesty though, I would prefer if the attention was spent more on dealing with the issues core thief is having, rather than DrD since it feels pretty solid already.

(edited by blarghhrrkblah.3412)

how is daredevil?

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

Daredevil in a nutshell: A few extra, slightly better dodges + Bandit’s Defense + Good Elite finisher.

That’s all. That is actually what it is. A slightly different potato but a potato nonetheless