imagine you just turned 80...

in Thief

Posted by: ArcticRed.3068

ArcticRed.3068

This is purely for WvW with a smattering of PvE.
What gear, weapons and trinkets would you buy?

I’m looking at going 0/30/25/15/0 with P/D main and D/D secondary.
I mainly roam solo, i’m experienced in PvP and the game mechanics but a newb to thief.

I was going to go full zerker armor and weapons with Valkyrie trinkets, would this work?
I’m basically looking for a setup that hits hard and can sustain it. I’m looking for a build that can solo camps and at the same time (if played correctly) can solo most classes of similar skill.

All advice and help would be really appreciated, i only have 45g to spend so i have to get this right first time.

in Thief

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

I run zerker armor and zerker trinkets with valk on every piece. It was difficult at the start considering i have only 2300 armor i run 10/30/30/x/x Now that I know what I can handle and what I should avoid and how to play better The zerker gear with the health from Valk has worked out very nicely

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in Thief

Posted by: Rastaman.9015

Rastaman.9015

Well P/D is more conditions and D/D is more direct damage. And the thief cant really do both so which one do you want? Is this in regards to Wild Bills build? I ask because he is P/D main and D/D secondary.

The class master. I enjoy all of the professions.

in Thief

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

why would you go zerker as p/d?

in Thief

ArcticRed.3068

Well P/D is more conditions and D/D is more direct damage. And the thief cant really do both so which one do you want? Is this in regards to Wild Bills build? I ask because he is P/D main and D/D secondary.

never heard of wild bill.
And i do realize that P/D puts bleeds on people, but using it in a pure power build (as i have been from lvl 60 to 78, my current level) still hits very hard, the bleeds are just a bonus tbh.

I’m more interested in gear loadout than i am build advice.

(edited by ArcticRed.3068)

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I’m currently using a combination of Valk (rest)/Knight (chest+pants) gears with Berserk trinkets and Beryl gems using a 0/30/10/15/15 build with Sigil of Int (100% crit) in one weapon of each set and any On Crit trigger sigil on the other weapon — I use Sigil of Blood or Air, but mostly Blood.

This is using S/D + P/P for pure flanking and sustain damage.

Depending on your playstyle, this may or may not work for you. But hopefully gives you some idea.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

(edited by Sir Vincent III.1286)

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

consider soldier for chest/leggings , due to the bad rate crit dmg/attribute.

you don’t look for build suggestions so I won’t tell you that x/x/25/x/x is laughable.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

ArcticRed.3068

you don’t look for build suggestions so I won’t tell you that x/x/25/x/x is laughable.

lol
It doesn’t matter what game you play, there is always someone who thinks only ONE build can possibly work…. just because that is his play style lmao.

anyhoo thanks for your other comments

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

lol
It doesn’t matter what game you play, there is always someone who thinks only ONE build can possibly work…. just because that is his play style lmao.

You know that was aimed at you right?

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

ArcticRed.3068

lol

You know that was aimed at you right?

Yes i know that was aimed at me, that is why i responded the way i did.
I said i wasn’t interested in build advise, only in loadout.

I’m here asking for help choosing the armor, weapons, trinkets (from guys who have used multiple sets) to compliment the build i have already chosen.
I’m not looking for somebody to tell me that x/x/25/x/x is laughable just because it didn’t work for them….. two guys using 30/30/10/0/0 with no armor fight 20 times, do you get 20 draws?
No, because builds compliment your fighting style, so the most skilled will win.

Like i said, im not here for an argument. I’m here for advice from seasoned thieves as to what gear would best go with the build i am choosing to play. I’m just trying to save myself a little money that’s all.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

of course you should use the build that you prefer, but leave Shadow’s Rejuvenation for Feline Grace is dumb… no matter what.
You invest in SA but you will not take the most powerful trait of that line.
This is not a play style choice (like could be a 30 30 10 or a 0 0 30 20 20 or everything else)… this is just a stupid choice.
imho.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

of course you should use the build that you prefer, but leave Shadow’s Rejuvenation for Feline Grace is dumb… no matter what.
You invest in SA but you will not take the most powerful trait of that line.
This is not a play style choice (like could be a 30 30 10 or a 0 0 30 20 20 or everything else)… this is just a stupid choice.
imho.

I second this. Feline grace is awesome in a 0 0 30 20 20 build with apothecary and p/d, just for the lulz out of it, or in an evasion build with s/d and little stealth. But if you are going to play a heavy stealth build, you better get those 1300 healing per time you go into stealth. Its around 7% of average geared thieves hp in WvW…

I mean you can just refill your hp bar by CnD’ing critters or walls.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)