is near perma invis back?

in Thief

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

with the 3 sec un-nerf, I think its possible to have a invis build again … whats your thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: Pentalic.5409

Pentalic.5409

I don’t understand…
Perma Stealth never left. You could have always traited specifically to be invisible 99% of the time. The 3s un-nerf didn’t really change anything in terms of Stealth duration.

Blackgate – Asuran Thief – Pentalic The Silent
“A wise man once said something. No one paid attention.”

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

well theres two factors: are you referring to perma-stealth through skill chaining that nets you a high (90%+ if timed right) stealth up-time at the cost of making you do no damage to anyone while making you vulnerable to weapon spam as you “pop” into sight every 3-4 seconds.

Or are you referring to the “perma-stealth” people perceived in WvW due to culling making thieves invisible for a couple of seconds of their revealed time?

The former never changed, if you want to troll people like that and do next to nothing for a long period of time you can (at least until someone that knows how stealth works gets bored of you and kills you).

The latter changed and, hopefully, won’t be coming back as it was a culling issue not a stealth issue, why they put the increased reveal time on at the same time who knows… anet does some weird stuff with patches (see trickshot nerf, caltrop nerf etc etc)

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Yup, the 3 —> 4 second nerf was aimed at our DPS and not perma-stealth. Unfortunately, for me and lots of other thieves, that extra second

1) Screwed up rotations and flow
2) Less condition removal
3) Significantly less DPS
4) Higher mortality rate when knocked out of Refuge

Very glad it’s back to the way it was. I just have to redo my internal clock. Again.

in Thief

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

with the 3 sec un-nerf, I think its possible to have a invis build again … whats your thoughts

Revealed has nothing to do with “perma stealth.”

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Thief

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

ooooo my bad… noob questions i guess :P